• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
yztheman

Holland interview with Mickey comment about a trade

Rate this topic

I see our tradable assets are an abundance of Centers (one too many #2-#3 centers), and an extra backup goalie (I think the preseason confirmed that Mrazek could definitely handle the job). We also have depth defencemen, but with Kindl we would really just be trying to getting rid of his cap hit and Lashoff is probably not much in demand either.

F: 1 of Sheahan, Helm, Weiss... Andersson also, but doubt he would be in demand

G: Gustavsson

D: Kindl, Lashoff (little demand)

Of course, people will say Quincey, Cleary, but nobody would take those guys due to Q's contract and Cleary's knee. Many would say Franzen, but we can't replace his production and we'd have to worry about the cap recapture thing.

I see possible interest in one of our Centers. I really like Sheahan and Helm and don't want them to go. If Weiss can play like we expected he has a better chance at solidifying that #2 center position than anyone not named Z. That's a hard decision, but there are too many unless Helm can runaway with the role of winger.

We also have Prospects of course. I think Pulkkinen. has been pushed farther down the depth chart by Nestrasil this preseason. With Jurco, Tatar, Nyquist, and soon Mantha, AA coming I really don't see how he's fitting in the top 9. I count him on the tradeable list. I don't know how much interest there would be for him, though.

Of course, our need is a top 4 RH defenceman. Do you think there's a package in there someone would go for? I actually think so if it involves one of the centers. If anyone is in desperate need for a goalie, I think trading Gustavsson would hurt us the least.

I would be happy with Roman Josi, great player on a tremendous cap hit, only downside is he isn't physical at all and I'm not sure if he could run the powerplay.

But he had offensive upside

Maybe our favorite Predsfan can talk about his availability?

Edited by frankgrimes

Roman Josi is a decent defenseman and a shot blocking machine but he's yet another lefty and for that reason I would say no thanks. Unless of course, and I think this goes for pretty much any potential trade, if Kindl were going the other way.

Either way, I don't think a trade is going to happen and I'm quite okay with that as long as we see at least one of the kids up within the next month or so...

The Jarnkrok trade was a pure panic move based on the notion of him going back to Sweden stock didn't come true. You just don't trade a guy like him for 2 months of a third line center, when the team is in extreme need of defense

No, the trade was about sacrificing a potential future NHLer for a much higher chance of getting into the playoffs, and it worked. At the time we were missing Z, D, Helm, and Weiss and we needed someone to come in and play first line center.

If he he turns out to be a superstar, one can argue we lost the trade. If he ends up being a fringe NHL player, then we win the trade. Only time will tell, right now its way to early.

No, the trade was about sacrificing a potential future NHLer for a much higher chance of getting into the playoffs, and it worked. At the time we were missing Z, D, Helm, and Weiss and we needed someone to come in and play first line center.

If he he turns out to be a superstar, one can argue we lost the trade. If he ends up being a fringe NHL player, then we win the trade. Only time will tell, right now its way to early.

Poile already won that trade even if Jarnkrok only turns into a solid center. Packaging him for much needed defensive help would have made more sense long term.

At some point a trade needs to happen and hopefully it's for top 2 pairing guy in his prime.

Edited by frankgrimes

Poile already won that trade even if Jarnkrok only turns into a solid center. Packaging him for much needed defensive help would have made more sense long term. At some point a trade needs to happen and hopefully it's for top 2 pairing guy in his prime.

No, if Jarnkrok ends up being a below average player, Wings win. I would get rid of a mediocre player any day for a chance to get into the playoffs.

For the record, im not saying thats what Jarnkrok is, I'm saying IF he turns into that, Holland wins. If he becomes a star, Poile wins. If he's just average, they both win (which is what a trade is supposed to be....win-win)

Oh yay. Back to the legwand and jarnkrok trade. Oh I really missed kicking that horse

That horse has long since turned to glue, my friend. I have accepted that Jarnkrok/Legwand has firmly and quickly taken its honorary place on the shelf next to Franzen/Hossa.

I'm not really sure what's bothering you guys about it. People are discussing the last trade Holland made, in a thread about the next trade Holland will make. Seems pretty relevant to me.

Here, I'll fix it so that everybody around here is happy...

Durr...Cleary...Quincey...Durr Hurr...Kindl sux...Durr Hurr Hurr.

I'm not really sure what's bothering you guys about it. People are discussing the last trade Holland made, in a thread about the next trade Holland will make. Seems pretty relevant to me.

Exactly and I think there are more than enough reason to be scared about that, given the last trade activity history.

Here, I'll fix it so that everybody around here is happy...

Durr...Cleary...Quincey...Durr Hurr...Kindl sux...Durr Hurr Hurr.

I think the issue is that some people act like the Legwand deal represents Holland's career personified. Like the guy can't be trusted to make another trade or run his team. That's the issue for me anyway. There weren't nearly as many theads and posts praising Holland in 08 as there have been ones bashing him this summer and so far this fall. I know it's the nature of sports and sports fans, but I grow weary.

Exactly and I think there are more than enough reason to be scared about that, given the last trade activity history.

Case in point.

Edited by rick zombo

I think the issue is that some people act like the Legwand deal represents Holland's career personified. Like the guy can't be trusted to make another trade or run his team. That's the issue for me anyway. There weren't nearly as many theads and posts praising Holland in 08 as there have been ones bashing him this summer and so far this fall. I know it's the nature of sports and sports fans, but I grow weary.

Case in point.

Well I wasn't on the forum in 08, but I suspect that there weren't too many people complaining about anything that season. So I'd be really shocked if there were a bunch of Holland bashing threads back then. In general my guess is that when the team is bad, people complain. And when the team is good, they praise...Mike Babcock.

Case in point.

Well I wasn't on the forum in 08, but I suspect that there weren't too many people complaining about anything that season. So I'd be really shocked if there were a bunch of Holland bashing threads back then. In general my guess is that when the team is bad, people complain. And when the team is good, they praise...Mike Babcock.

You would be wrong. 2007-8 was one long bitchfest, mainly about how the team was too soft to compete in the playoffs. When people weren't bitching about the lack of fighters, there were endless threads about our sucktacular goaltending as Hasek and Osgood fanboys took turns in deriding the other goaltender as an over the hill fruitcake, or as never good enough in the first place.

The month of February saw us decimated by injuries, with a 1st pairing of Lilja-Lebda. Nevertheless, the associated slump in results was proof positive for all the Chicken Lickens that the team was not good enough to win the cup.

Trade deadline day was an orgy of Holland hate. The announcement of the Stuart trade, coming after the deadline had passed, meant that the outright fury was only quelled down to a sullen, grudging "OK , I guess that'll do", but prior to that not even the Cleary re-signing generated so much HOLLAND YOU SUCK!!!!

Being 3-0 up against the Stars and them coming back to 3-2 was further proof positive that this team wasn't good enough to win the cup.

Not to mention, we had Eva Unit Zero and his always entertaining mental gymnastics bemoaning the under utilisation of Jiri Hudler, and how Hudler was a better player than Messier etc etc, if only we used Hudler more.....

Finally, we had Mindfly. If you weren't here for it, it would be hard for you to understand just how overwhelmingly negative he was. Every loss, every goal against, every shot against, every icing, every lost faceoff was evidence of what a truly terrible team we had, how Holland should be fired, and the whole team traded for prospects and picks. After every loss he would pop up, preaching his gospel of doom and gloom. Thankfully we won a lot that year. I think us winning game 6 in Pittsburgh was probably the worst night of his life.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

You would be wrong. 2007-8 was one long bitchfest, mainly about how the team was too soft to compete in the playoffs. When people weren't bitching about the lack of fighters, there were endless threads about our sucktacular goaltending as Hasek and Osgood fanboys took turns in deriding the other goaltender as an over the hill fruitcake, or as never good enough in the first place.The month of February saw us decimated by injuries, with a 1st pairing of Lilja-Lebda. Nevertheless, the associated slump in results was proof positive for all the Chicken Lickens that the team was not good enough to win the cup.Trade deadline day was an orgy of Holland hate. The announcement of the Stuart trade, coming after the deadline had passed, meant that the outright fury was only quelled down to a sullen, grudging "OK , I guess that'll do", but prior to that not even the Cleary re-signing generated so much HOLLAND YOU SUCK!!!!Being 3-0 up against the Stars and them coming back to 3-2 was further proof positive that this team wasn't good enough to win the cup.Not to mention, we had Eva Unit Zero and his always entertaining mental gymnastics bemoaning the under utilisation of Jiri Hudler, and how Hudler was a better player than Messier etc etc, if only we used Hudler more.....Finally, we had Mindfly. If you weren't here for it, it would be hard for you to understand just how overwhelmingly negative he was. Every loss, every goal against, every shot against, every icing, every lost faceoff was evidence of what a truly terrible team we had, how Holland should be fired, and the whole team traded for prospects and picks. After every loss he would pop up, preaching his gospel of doom and gloom. Thankfully we won a lot that year. I think us winning game 6 in Pittsburgh was probably the worst night of his life.Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I wasn't around here then, but you paint a very vivid picture.

You would be wrong. 2007-8 was one long bitchfest, mainly about how the team was too soft to compete in the playoffs. When people weren't bitching about the lack of fighters, there were endless threads about our sucktacular goaltending as Hasek and Osgood fanboys took turns in deriding the other goaltender as an over the hill fruitcake, or as never good enough in the first place. The month of February saw us decimated by injuries, with a 1st pairing of Lilja-Lebda. Nevertheless, the associated slump in results was proof positive for all the Chicken Lickens that the team was not good enough to win the cup. Trade deadline day was an orgy of Holland hate. The announcement of the Stuart trade, coming after the deadline had passed, meant that the outright fury was only quelled down to a sullen, grudging "OK , I guess that'll do", but prior to that not even the Cleary re-signing generated so much HOLLAND YOU SUCK!!!! Being 3-0 up against the Stars and them coming back to 3-2 was further proof positive that this team wasn't good enough to win the cup. Not to mention, we had Eva Unit Zero and his always entertaining mental gymnastics bemoaning the under utilisation of Jiri Hudler, and how Hudler was a better player than Messier etc etc, if only we used Hudler more..... Finally, we had Mindfly. If you weren't here for it, it would be hard for you to understand just how overwhelmingly negative he was. Every loss, every goal against, every shot against, every icing, every lost faceoff was evidence of what a truly terrible team we had, how Holland should be fired, and the whole team traded for prospects and picks. After every loss he would pop up, preaching his gospel of doom and gloom. Thankfully we won a lot that year. I think us winning game 6 in Pittsburgh was probably the worst night of his life. Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

So basically, not much has changed around these parts ;)

The days of arguing with Eva... oh, how I miss them. I was a rookie back then.

You would be wrong. 2007-8 was one long bitchfest, mainly about how the team was too soft to compete in the playoffs. When people weren't bitching about the lack of fighters, there were endless threads about our sucktacular goaltending as Hasek and Osgood fanboys took turns in deriding the other goaltender as an over the hill fruitcake, or as never good enough in the first place. The month of February saw us decimated by injuries, with a 1st pairing of Lilja-Lebda. Nevertheless, the associated slump in results was proof positive for all the Chicken Lickens that the team was not good enough to win the cup. Trade deadline day was an orgy of Holland hate. The announcement of the Stuart trade, coming after the deadline had passed, meant that the outright fury was only quelled down to a sullen, grudging "OK , I guess that'll do", but prior to that not even the Cleary re-signing generated so much HOLLAND YOU SUCK!!!! Being 3-0 up against the Stars and them coming back to 3-2 was further proof positive that this team wasn't good enough to win the cup. Not to mention, we had Eva Unit Zero and his always entertaining mental gymnastics bemoaning the under utilisation of Jiri Hudler, and how Hudler was a better player than Messier etc etc, if only we used Hudler more..... Finally, we had Mindfly. If you weren't here for it, it would be hard for you to understand just how overwhelmingly negative he was. Every loss, every goal against, every shot against, every icing, every lost faceoff was evidence of what a truly terrible team we had, how Holland should be fired, and the whole team traded for prospects and picks. After every loss he would pop up, preaching his gospel of doom and gloom. Thankfully we won a lot that year. I think us winning game 6 in Pittsburgh was probably the worst night of his life. Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I'm not buying it. The team won the President's trophy, pretty solidly coasted through the playoffs (after netting Hasek out of the next), and was never in any real trouble at any point in the season.

There's also a little bit of a logical fallacy involved in generalizing from two extreme points of view. Basically you're saying Holland was criticized heavily in 2008, but your proof is 1) People were ok with the Stuart trade after temporarily being worried, and B) Two dummies with dummy points of view.

I'm not convinced.

Edited by kipwinger