• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

NY Islanders Acquire Leddy and Boychuk

Rate this topic

This

Since Q is getting paid $4.25m I guess that for Boychuk $5m/$5,5m should be enough.

Hope that's sarcasm given that relation Boychuk should make 8 m + (which he never will).

Reminder -- while Wang is still the primary shareholder, the Isles have been sold to new owners.

It's a three year transition, but you've got to imagine that they're headed in a new direction... and Snow is going to want to keep his job.

Yeah but they don't have the financial muscle and willingness of Mr. I :) also it takes two to dangle Boychuk will be the top UFA of the upcoming class, top 4 defenseman are at premium right now it is his chance for a huge cha *****. Niskanen is a great offensive force but Boychuk is the whole package, provides some offense, a physical monster and has a laser from the blue line so I think he will get a bit more than Niskanen.

Hope that's sarcasm given that relation Boychuk should make 8 m + (which he never will).

Yeah but they don't have the financial muscle and willingness of Mr. I :) also it takes two to dangle Boychuk will be the top UFA of the upcoming class, top 4 defenseman are at premium right now it is his chance for a huge cha *****. Niskanen is a great offensive force but Boychuk is the whole package, provides some offense, a physical monster and has a laser from the blue line so I think he will get a bit more than Niskanen.

I hope that 8m+ for Boychuk is some form of sarcasm on your part as well. Jeeezus!

As for being the top UFA of the upcoming class, well... he's certainly off to a good start for the season, but it's pretty early.

He could be extended before we even get to free-agency. So let's not get too excited about that.

I hope that 8m+ for Boychuk is some form of sarcasm on your part as well. Jeeezus!

As for being the top UFA of the upcoming class, well... he's certainly off to a good start for the season, but it's pretty early.

He could be extended before we even get to free-agency. So let's not get too excited about that.

It's Snow so my bets are he bolts.

But yeah, a new trade acquisition does well in his first 2 games, and ppl begin salivating on what could have been or what could be. I'll change my mind about him if he's continued a shadow of this pace by December.

It's Snow so my bets are he bolts.

But yeah, a new trade acquisition does well in his first 2 games, and ppl begin salivating on what could have been or what could be. I'll change my mind about him if he's continued a shadow of this pace by December.

Maybe Tavares and the rest of the Isles can convince him otherwise. The team, despite what people believe to be true, is making strides and new ownership is right around the corner.

Also, he could be traded and extended by a new team as well before he ever hits free-agency. I wouldn't put it past Snow to trade Boychuk/his rights if it doesn't look like he's going to re-up with the Isles.

I agree that it's a little early to be so high on him.

Maybe Tavares and the rest of the Isles can convince him otherwise. The team, despite what people believe to be true, is making strides and new ownership is right around the corner.

Also, he could be traded and extended by a new team as well before he ever hits free-agency. I wouldn't put it past Snow to trade Boychuk/his rights if it doesn't look like he's going to re-up with the Isles.

I agree that it's a little early to be so high on him.

True. I actually drafted more than a few Isles in my fantasy draft this year just bc of the changes they've made. I think Snow will def trade him if he can't re-sign him.

HOW IS SNOW NOT FIRED YET. Holland has the mystical powers of Zuess compared to him.

True. I actually drafted more than a few Isles in my fantasy draft this year just bc of the changes they've made. I think Snow will def trade him if he can't re-sign him.

HOW IS SNOW NOT FIRED YET. Holland has the mystical powers of Zuess compared to him.

The Ilitches are loyal to success as Wang is loyal to a fault.

Yes, for sure that was sarcasm, I just wanted to compare it to the relation of an absolute overpayment to one of our players...

Boychuk will cash in, period for sure he won't keep up his insane start but the guy is a top 2 pairing defenseman.

I'm sure Tavares will try his best to convince him otherwise but why would someone give up his UFA chances ? The upcoming class is very weak and he is is for sure one of the best available ones, it would take some extreme overpayment.

The good thing is, the Isles have a very cheap owner so if the Wings are serious about getting a top defender Boychuk would be a nice nice addition. Throw 7 x 6 at him and I highly doubt Wang matches :) it's time for this team to flex their financial muscle again.

Thats a rediculous contract for boychuck.

Wang doesn't match because he has common sense

I'm thinking snow extends him, I think the isles have success this year and he wants to stay as not only a top pairing dman but elder statesman as well. As much as everyone criticizes snow he can get guys to stay

I'm thinking snow extends him, I think the isles have success this year and he wants to stay as not only a top pairing dman but elder statesman as well. As much as everyone criticizes snow he can get guys to stay

Don't think so Boychuk will have the luxury of choice for the first time in his career and I think he is going to sign with a contender. That being said, if the new owners can convince him to stay I would be happy for the Isles fans they deserve it so much.

Don't think so Boychuk will have the luxury of choice for the first time in his career and I think he is going to sign with a contender. That being said, if the new owners can convince him to stay I would be happy for the Isles fans they deserve it so much.

So he'll sign a contract with the leafs and Babcock? Since everyone wants to go there.

Yup, all 26 of them will be thrilled.