• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LAWings

23 man roster set... say hi to your 2014/15 Wings

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/10/red_wings_assign_defenseman_xa.html

Here is the Red Wings' 23-man roster:

Forwards: Justin Abdelkader, Joakim Andersson, Daniel Cleary, Johan Franzen, Luke Glendening, Darren Helm, Tomas Jurco, Drew Miller, Andrej Nestrasil, Gustav Nyquist, Riley Sheahan, Tomas Tatar, Stephen Weiss, Henrik Zetterberg.

Defensemen: Danny DeKeyser, Jonathan Ericsson, Jakub Kindl, Niklas Kronwall, Brian Lashoff, Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith.

Goaltenders: Jonas Gustavsson, Jimmy Howard.

Injured reserve: Pavel Datsyuk (short-term).

"The best players will play..." - Mike Babcock

We really need this thread? As if this roster won't change a zillion times between now and Christmas. Hell, it'll probably change again before Thursday.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the best players on the 23 man roster will actually play.

The 23 man roster is decided by Holland. So implying Babcock is a hypocrite is actually kind of naive.

Sounds like Babcock really did want XO in the lineup. If you look at how Babcock had the pairings at practice it's pretty clear what he thought the pecking order should be.

It's also more proof he and Holland don't exactly see eye to eye on the roster.

Coach Mike Babcock was making a push for Ouellet to make the roster and even play in the opener Thursday against the Boston Bruins. Ouellet was paired with Kyle Quincey for the second day in a row in practice on Tuesday, at even strength and on the penalty kill. Jakub Kindl and Brian Lashoff were skating as the odd-men out, used as fill-ins on the penalty kill.

But the Red Wings didn't want to keep Ouellet at the expense of Kindl or Lashoff."I got my two cents in, so I get one vote. (Holland) gets two. So he can win, 2-1," Babcock said, before the decision was revealed. "It's almost exactly like at home: I get one vote and my wife gets two, and I lose 2-1 lots."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/10/red_wings_assign_defenseman_xa.html

Here is the Red Wings' 23-man roster:

Forwards: Justin Abdelkader, Joakim Andersson, Daniel Cleary, Johan Franzen, Luke Glendening, Darren Helm, Tomas Jurco, Drew Miller, Andrej Nestrasil, Gustav Nyquist, Riley Sheahan, Tomas Tatar, Stephen Weiss, Henrik Zetterberg.

Defensemen: Danny DeKeyser, Jonathan Ericsson, Jakub Kindl, Niklas Kronwall, Brian Lashoff, Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith.

Goaltenders: Jonas Gustavsson, Jimmy Howard.

Injured reserve: Pavel Datsyuk (short-term).

On a positive note, it seems that Jurco is in Detroit for good.

We really need this thread? As if this roster won't change a zillion times between now and Christmas. Hell, it'll probably change again before Thursday.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, the best players on the 23 man roster will actually play.

The 23 man roster is decided by Holland. So implying Babcock is a hypocrite is actually kind of naive.

Hi...where exactly are you going with your rant, and why, what's your point? I've just posted a factual direct link from the newspaper. Do you beat your dog for alerting you to a fire too?

This is the NHL mandated set roster that needs to be filed by 5 pm today, that's why I created this post, 3 months of speculation is over. The only rotation in and out of game day this Thursday will be the 3 gray sweaters who may not play of Cleary, Weiss and Nosehole.

But thank you for creating assumptions about a quote someone else made that I posted and what I was 'actually' implying. I had no idea that was what I was thinking...are you my wife? You must be my wife.

:nhl_crach:

Edited by LAWings

So Jurco, Nestrasil have made the team for now and when Pasha is back one will get send down. Why aren't the assistance GM's and coaches getting a vote also ? I hate it, when the GM can overrule the coach I mean Babcock is the one who has to be comfortable with the roster.

Hi...where exactly are you going with your rant, and why, what's your point? I've just posted a factual direct link from the newspaper. Do you beat your dog for alerting you to a fire too?

This is the NHL mandated set roster that needs to be filed by 5 pm today, that's why I created this post, 3 months of speculation is over. The only rotation in and out of game day this Thursday will be the 3 gray sweaters who may not play of Cleary, Weiss and Nosehole.

But thank you for creating assumptions about a quote someone else made that I posted and what I was 'actually' implying. I had no idea that was what I was thinking...are you my wife? You must be my wife.

:nhl_crach:

LOL.

Tell me this. The Babcock quote you slapped on your "factual" post wasn't a lame-ass attempt at some sort of coy editorial? You weren't trying to stir the pot?

If I had a dog that woke me becasue of a fire I doubt he'd add "and by the way m*****f*****, the fire is all your fault"

LOL.

Tell me this. The Babcock quote you slapped on your "factual" post wasn't a lame-ass attempt at some sort of coy editorial? You weren't trying to stir the pot?

If I had a dog that woke me becasue of a fire I doubt he'd add "and by the way m*****f*****, the fire is all your fault"

Doh! lol

Nah, I was posting an oft repeated Babs quote that he's thrown out multiple times since January. I wasn't sure if any other readers would know that these are the best players. It was really for the readers benefit so they would know, in case there was any doubts they may have had as to who are the best players are.

So your dog then would wake you up, and then add, "...and we'll only live in fire-proof houses" - Rick Zombo (he would actually quote you at that point, right after barking, and before jumping out the window).

So Jurco, Nestrasil have made the team for now and when Pasha is back one will get send down. Why aren't the assistance GM's and coaches getting a vote also ? I hate it, when the GM can overrule the coach I mean Babcock is the one who has to be comfortable with the roster.

I would think they would send Jurco down to save Nestrasil, but just imagine if they bring back Alfie. Re-signing Cleary just....uhh no words.

Edited by dragonballgtz

I would think they would send Jurco down to save Nestrasil, but just imagine if they bring back Alfie. Re-signing Cleary just....uhh no words.

I'll be surprised if we see Alfie before 2015. But I totally get your point.

I know Holland likes insurance/depth but is it too much to hope that in 2015-16 he leave 2-3 spots wide open for competition in camp? Probably.

Interesting that Holland has so much power here. Maybe it's changed over the years, but I would have thought that the coach is the guy that ultimately picks the roster and the GM would source the players. Obviously both would have input on both processes, but in this case, looks like it's almost like Holland brings the players to camp and selects the 23 that will be on the roster and then Babcock is free to choose the 20 that dress every night.

I'm sure Babcock has more influence than that though....no way he'd stick around if he didn't.

Yeah I think the battle will be between them and to be honest I don't really care who stays, although Jurco comes of a bit cocky at times..kid has to become humble.

I think that 2 versus 1 vote is stupid, if at all it should be the other way. Babcock has to work with the team day in and day out, so does Granato why aren't they getting a final say ?

oh an btw. one more day to sign an extension for Babcock *sigh*

Edited by frankgrimes