• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BottleOfSmoke

Devils Sign Tootoo

Rate this topic

It's not too much of a problem is it? Why can't most Wings fans see a half full glass? ...at least they're players ready for these positions now, pretty quick rebuild if you ask me... ~13dangledangle~

What isn't a problem? Having Cleary, Lashoff and Kindl on the roster? To me that's a huge problem. We cannot go into this year with the exact same team, it didn't end well last year.

When Datsyuk comes back, Jurco will probably go down unless they waive nesty but he will get claimed. Not having Jurco on this team over any of the above is a travesty just like not having XO over Lashoff or Kindl is a joke as well.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you about who made it but to be honest aside from Cleary there are no surprises this year. The only thing we wanted to see was a push from the kids to make the team, and I thought they did a great job. Oulette played well, not better then Jensen in my opinion but both of them pushed for a spot...

...The truth is they never had a chance. Holland until he absolutely has no choice will not just waive these guys he wants to move them. I would rather have Oulette there then lashoff, kindl or Quincy (can't stand Quincy) but at the moment it's not an option.

Holland picks the team (more or less) and Babs does what he can with who's there. My comment about Damien Brunner still stands, I'd take him in a heart beat!

(Kindl cough, cleary cough, Quincy cough).

Trade them all for Brunner

~13dangledangle~

Edited by 13dangledangle

yeah we didn't need any of this kind of toughness on the team. Seeing stuff like that isn't exciting to us refined wings fans :lol::rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/oGmKaLOnDhY

I've never been so disgusted by such antics in my entire life! ;):lol:

Not really on topic, but I'll just leave this here as well --

Downie runs Nielson who unfortunately has his head down but, Hamonic takes exception to the vulnerable hit:

Both of these videos are the type of toughness and fighting that I still appreciate within the game...

and good for Tootoo for getting signed and keeping his spot.

Edited by e_prime

Tootoo never should have made the hit, the guy wasn't anywhere close to the puck. And for the Hamonic fight, it was stupid. I'm all for fighting if the hit was dirty, but it wasn't. It was just hard. News flash, if you don't want to get hit keep your head up. If you're skating with the puck with your head down you deserve to get rocked, and he got what he deserved.

Grab the tissues. I mean, I totally just got dust in my eyes. DON'T JUDGE ME! haha Nice article on thehockeynews.com

His brother’s suicide note said only this: “Jor, go all the way. Take care of the family. You’re the man. Terence.”

For Jordin Tootoo, it was the crossroads of his career. He’d either quit hockey right then and there, or heed his brother’s last words to him and continue on to become the first Inuk to play in the NHL.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/jordin-tootoos-life-in-the-fast-lane-booze-women-hockey/

Damn. Too heavy for me man. Go toots. Wreck shop.

Seriously. Go Toots. He won me over during his brief stay in Detroit, and with his class and dignity in GR. That clip of him giving the kid his stick was top notch. I hope he has a career year and wrecks shop in a big way (except against us).

And Gelinas should give him the 22 jersey already, FFS.

Seriously. Go Toots. He won me over during his brief stay in Detroit, and with his class and dignity in GR. That clip of him giving the kid his stick was top notch. I hope he has a career year and wrecks shop in a big way (except against us).

And Gelinas should give him the 22 jersey already, FFS.

That video is the most upvoted hockey video on reddit, by far I believe.

His back story really won me over. First pro Inuit. Inuit name translates to "Thunder". Eats like an only meat diet or something (I believe many inuits do). Overcame his brothers suicide. Overcame his own drug problems. Classy as all heck and fearless as all heck at just 5'9'.

Hard not to like that guy.