• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Krys Barch unloads his frustrations

Rate this topic

But is he a player who's tough to play against in a playoff series? Does he wear other teams down?

I say no to both questions. Not saying Barch is tough to play against in the playoffs, but Miller is not my ideal 4th liner. I think a 4th liner should be a rugged, larger forward who wears defenders down in the corner. Miller is essentially a 6'2 toothpick with limited offensive skills, so he gets put on the 4th line.

I think they'res many types of 4th line players. Shutdown guys, agitators, enforcers, etc. Miller is a shutdown guy, and basically a poor mans Helm. A 4th line needs a combo of different player types just like the top lines do. Just cause we don't have a Matt Martin or a Colton Orr right doesn't mean Miller doesn't serve a purpose or fill a role.

EDIT: now if Eaves was here I would agree we have too many guys Miller types in the bottom 6

Edited by number9

I think they'res many types of 4th line players. Shutdown guys, agitators, enforcers, etc. Miller is a shutdown guy, and basically a poor mans Helm. A 4th line needs a combo of different player types just like the top lines do. Just cause we don't have a Matt Martin or a Colton Orr right doesn't mean Miller doesn't serve a purpose or fill a role.

EDIT: now if Eaves was here I would agree we have too many guys Miller types in the bottom 6

I don't think our 4th has a combo of different player types. Not really.

I don't think our 4th has a combo of different player types. Not really.

Certainly, I'm not saying it does. I think it's a work in progress but I also think miller is a piece in the puzzle. I think Glendening is a great addition. Also brings great speed and defensive prowess, but is much stronger, mouthy, and gritty than Miller is. Andersson is blah and should go bye bye soon if there's no improvement.

EDIT: a big guy who isn't a pylon would be great on the 4th line

Miller - Glendening - McKee (or similar type)

Edited by number9

When I hear someone say that its easier to play against Miller then a guy like Orr, my interpretation of that is purely on a physical level. If I had to take a check into the boards from Miller or Orr, I would pick Miller. But that doesn't mean the guy who is bigger and/or hits harder makes his team better.

Of course Krys Barch is going to try to sell the value of guys like him. His is a 34 year old fighter who doesn't have a job right now who is watching guys like him get cut. Its in his own best interest for people to think the player he is a an asset in the NHL. Also, is it really any surprise that a person who made his living as a fighter is going to think that fighters are important?

All I’m getting from this thread is that some Wings fans have a serious lack of respect for Drew Miller.

Of course it all depends on what your idea of a fourth liner is. For example, Brian Burke’s idea of a fourth liner is someone who can bench press the tough guy playing on the third line. Babcock seems to like guys that can complete a full 82 game schedule, be smart, sort of versatile, and kill some penalties.

At one point last year Miller was getting 2nd line minutes because of injuries. As ridiculous as that seems, image Barch or McGrattan or Bollig squaring off against Partick Kane or Marion Hossa for a full game :lol:

Also, why does this thread even exist? We’re quoting Krys Barch now? This guy is a ******.

IMO, of course. :blind:

Edited by rick zombo