• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Kindl on the block

Rate this topic

No way are we in a position to be adding Staal... We can't trade our kids for him and thats all the Carolina will want for their rebuild.

To get Stall we would likely have to send Weiss, Kindl, and a bunch of kids as his cap hit is 8.25 million. I dont see Carolina wanting Weiss, unless they are getting a player like Mantha in addition. No thanks.

Guest DeGraa55

Not me, he is under contract until 2023 with a cap hit of 6 million per year.

And that worse than 5m a year sitting on bench?

He is still at a decent age I believe. Now if Carolina ate say 1m a year that's be perfect.

Rumor is if Eric staal is traded Jordan May need to be as well.

And that worse than 5m a year sitting on bench?

He is still at a decent age I believe. Now if Carolina ate say 1m a year that's be perfect.

Rumor is if Eric staal is traded Jordan May need to be as well.

I don't believe our assessment of what the Wings should or should not do, should be based on "And that worse than 5m a year sitting on bench?"

Bringing in someone from the outside can be risky, Jordan Staal is a HUGE risk as he has 9 years left on his contract at a very high cap hit. If anything, the Weiss situation should wisen people up to the risks of signing UFA's to big contracts, and the risks of trading for a big contract.

As far as Weiss goes, can we please wait until we judge this situation? Weiss may very well end up being a burden to this team, but its way to early to tell. This very possibly could be a strategy by Babcock to ease him back, opposed to a punishment because "he sucks now". The way people are talking, you would think that we are at the half way point of the season or close to playoff time. People want instant gratification, now that his injury is supposedly over they want him to become a #2 center again over night, when they don't get that, they freak out.

Again, I AM NOT saying things are looking good, but lets just wait and see.

Guest DeGraa55

I don't believe our assessment of what the Wings should or should not do, should be based on "And that worse than 5m a year sitting on bench?"

Bringing in someone from the outside can be risky, Jordan Staal is a HUGE risk as he has 9 years left on his contract at a very high cap hit. If anything, the Weiss situation should wisen people up to the risks of signing UFA's to big contracts, and the risks of trading for a big contract.

As far as Weiss goes, can we please wait until we judge this situation? Weiss may very well end up being a burden to this team, but its way to early to tell. This very possibly could be a strategy by Babcock to ease him back, opposed to a punishment because "he sucks now". The way people are talking, you would think that we are at the half way point of the season or close to playoff time. People want instant gratification, now that his injury is supposedly over they want him to become a #2 center again over night, when they don't get that, they freak out.

I woukdnt mind him because he is a good big bodied center.

But I want mostly want a winger. Hopefully one that can actually score.

Guest DeGraa55

thing is - today we need a scoring winger (we have some in the pipeline)- but in a couple years that is all we will have and we won't have top 6 centers.

True but we got dat for at least two more years and z for like 6.

We got Larkin © and mantha (wing) in minors but they're just prospects.

So ya long term could prioritize a center. But short term 2-4 years a winger is higher priority.

True but we got dat for at least two more years and z for like 6.

We got Larkin © and mantha (wing) in minors but they're just prospects.

So ya long term could prioritize a center. But short term 2-4 years a winger is higher priority.

Z and dats won't be reliable top centers after a few more seasons. They have too many durability questions. I could see both playing for a long time like selanne - high level but not carrying the team on their backs.

Guest DeGraa55

Z and dats won't be reliable top centers after a few more seasons. They have too many durability questions. I could see both playing for a long time like selanne - high level but not carrying the team on their backs.

Agreed but talent around them takes pressure off of them. Something we severaly lack right now.

Guest DeGraa55

Staal isn't a top center either and makes too much for too long for what he is.

I don't see where anyone said top? I said second.

For Weiss and Kindl, Eric could be something to think about. But he doesn't want leave and he has a NMC: (so does Weiss, of course, and who would want to go to a team on the verge of rebuilding)

http://cardiaccane.com/2014/10/26/friedman-eric-staal-wants-stay-carolina-hurricanes-long-term-thinks-can-make-difference/

For Weiss and Kindl, Eric could be something to think about. But he doesn't want leave and he has a NMC: (so does Weiss, of course, and who would want to go to a team on the verge of rebuilding)

http://cardiaccane.com/2014/10/26/friedman-eric-staal-wants-stay-carolina-hurricanes-long-term-thinks-can-make-difference/

If the Weiss situation is simply Babcock slowly bringing him back, I 100% agree in why would Weiss waive his clause to go to Carolina.

If the Weiss situation is Weiss being in Babcocks dog house and Weiss struggling at playing in the Detroit system, then I think he would waive it to simply go somewhere and actually play.

I'm hoping its the former, not that latter.

Guest DeGraa55

Cause none of the guys we just drafted could possibly pan out.

Some May and will but I'm not going to put all my eggs I to the Larkin and AA basket. I'd like a few more options.

You can be guaranteed that AT LEAST one of Athanasiou, Nosek, Janmark, Larkin or Turgeon will pan out, I think 2 or 3 will... That's not even mentioning the other 4 guys we drafted a few months ago, Ehn, Vahatalo, Holmstrom and Kadeykin. That's 9 centers that we have in our system that have a shot to someday become the next big thing. Sure, it's unlikely some of those later picks pan out but it's not out of the realm of possibility either. I really liked our last two picks of the draft but they're a long ways away yet anyway.

I think Larkin has 1st line potential while everyone else I would probably slot in as 2nd/3rd line potential.

Guest DeGraa55

You can be guaranteed that AT LEAST one of Athanasiou, Nosek, Janmark, Larkin or Turgeon will pan out, I think 2 or 3 will... That's not even mentioning the other 4 guys we drafted a few months ago, Ehn, Vahatalo, Holmstrom and Kadeykin. That's 9 centers that we have in our system that have a shot to someday become the next big thing. Sure, it's unlikely some of those later picks pan out but it's not out of the realm of possibility either. I really liked our last two picks of the draft but they're a long ways away yet anyway.

I think Larkin has 1st line potential while everyone else I would probably slot in as 2nd/3rd line potential.

There is no gurantee. FACT

Nope, you're right, there is no "guarantee", but I would say that the chance that NONE of those nine centers make it, are slim (0.00000001%) to none...

There is also no guarantee that Mantha, Sproul or Mrazek ever make an impact in the NHL, but I would bet a decent chunk of change that they all will...

You're probably right. It doesn't make any sense to us what Babcock is doing to Weiss, but Babcock did say Weiss looked good in his one game. That doesn't exactly scream to me "This guy sucks and Babcock hates him and will never play him." Whatever he's doing he's doing for a reason, and Weiss doesn't seem to upset about it, either, from the few interviews he's given.