• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT : Bruins 1 at Red Wings 2.

Rate this topic

I didn't get to see any pre-season games but the general consensus seems to be that only two or three guys really impressed all pre-season, and none of the regulars did. Weiss has made considerable improvement on skating, but like the other regular NHLers was really a non-factor. He didn't play bad, just didn't impress. Which is why his being scratched is so baffling to most of us.

I usually don't put much stock into preseason games be it baseball or hockey. Most of the guys knew they were going to make the team and probably took it easy, and the young guys probably didn't feel like they had a wing and a prayer of making they team anyway.

I think Babs is going to let Weiss get his feet wet the first few weeks after not skating at a high level in about 2 years. I like giving Nestrasil a shot and liked hearing a quote from him along the lines of how he wasnt nervous and how he would be if he had to look forward to this, but since he made the team out of nowhere, he was just ready to play. A little baptism by fire. Anyone but Cleary....

Edited by rooter2309

I think Babs is going to let Weiss get his feet wet the first few weeks after not skating at a high level in about 2 years. I like giving Nestrasil a shot and liked hearing a quote from him along the lines of how he wasnt nervous and how he would be if he had to look forward to this, but since he made the team out of nowhere, he was just ready to play. A little baptism by fire. Anyone but Cleary....

Great attitude I think he will get the 9 game tryout and then they'll finally decide the roster.

I'm supposed to be taking a nap and I'm too excited to sleep!!!!!

Was it last year that we lost our 1st game 6-0 and didn't have a goal until the second game and it was scored by Lashoff who hadn't even been on the team during the first game but was an injury call-up for the second and so no one knew that he would be the one to score the first goal? Or was that the year before. I think the year before was the lockout so it wasn't that one, so it must have been last year.

I'M TOO EXCITED TO THINK!!!!!

My fingers can't keep up with my thoughts and I'm losing concentr...squirrel!

Go Wings!

Anyway, let's not do that lose-the-first-game thing, ok?

LGW! I probably won't be posting as much during games this year, but I will be watching. I'm surprised Weiss is out, but I'm excited to see Nestrasil.

How many more weeks until Mantha returns? After seeing he and AA in Traverse City, I'll be watching more GR games this year.

How many more weeks until Mantha returns? After seeing he and AA in Traverse City, I'll be watching more GR games this year.

I completely forgot about AA... I hope ge gets called up for a game or two this season.

Is the game seriously blacked out on Centre Ice because it's shown on TVA2 (a french language station that basically nobody gets)?

I'm hoping I'm misinterpreting this, but there isn't even a GameCenter link up for the game on nhl.com.

Edited by Zetts

Kip, I believe that was Brunner, not Nyquist.

Frankgrimes, what do you mean by 9 game tryout? If you're talking about the junior rule, that wouldn't apply to him. Whenever they send him down, be it after one game or 20 games, he would have to clear waivers to go back to Grand Rapids.

Frankgrimes, what do you mean by 9 game tryout? If you're talking about the junior rule, that wouldn't apply to him. Whenever they send him down, be it after one game or 20 games, he would have to clear waivers to go back to Grand Rapids.

It was Nyquist getting hit, Brunner doing the tossing. Hence the joke, Nyquist's pregame ritual is getting hit in the balls. I'm juvenile.

Oh thanks had that confused then. If he keeps his performance up, he won't be on waivers :-)

Been down south last few weeks, didn't get to see any pre-season games. All they talk about down there is football, boring, ha! (Just kidding, I like as my 2nd sport to watch.)

Oh man, I can't wait to listen to Ken and Mick also. I know, I know ...I'm weird

Well, it's confirmed with Rogers: the only way to watch the game is on a french TV station that I don't get (nor do I speak French). It's blacked out on Center Ice. At least it is in Ontario...maybe it's different for people in other areas.

Well, it's confirmed with Rogers: the only way to watch the game is on a french TV station that I don't get (nor do I speak French). It's blacked out on Center Ice. At least it is in Ontario...maybe it's different for people in other areas.

No blackouts in the US.

Also keep in mind, those that have a tv provider that carries center ice it's free for the next 3 (or maybe 4) weeks.