• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/9 GDT : Bruins 1 at Red Wings 2.

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

What do you mean he had "the best offensive stats"? Which stats would those be?

5 on 5 or maybe he was one goal shy of kronwall? I can't remember.

Oh, so he didn't "have the best offensive stats" then?

I don't want to complain about the way that people post, but...

In the age of analytics, if you say "stats" I think you've gotta present some stats.

But he was certainly trying to have them... or something... ;)

Edited by e_prime

Guest DeGraa55

I don't want to complain about the way that people post, but...

In the age of analytics, if you say "stats" I think you've gotta present some stats.

But he was certainly trying to have them... or something... ;)

We had an entire thread on smith and corsi stats.

But it was in response to someone saying "smith isn't an offensive defenseman" when he is one of our most or the most offensive minded one we have.

Edit:

Smith: 1169. 4 goals 15 assist

Kronwall: 1306 3 goals 15 assist

Quincey: 1408 4 goals 8 assist

So yes facts would say smith is the most offensive minded on 5 on 5 so I guess I was right! Lol

http://www.stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?db=201314&sit=5v5&type=individual&teamid=11&pos=skaters&minutes=100&disp=1&sort=HARTp&sortdir=DESC

Edited by DeGraa55

Guest DeGraa55

Oh, so he didn't "have the best offensive stats" then?

Actually ya he did on 5 on 5.

Actually ya he did on 5 on 5.

Oh, is that what you said originally?

And actually he didn't 5 on 5 or otherwise. He was third on the team in 5 on 5 points, behind Kronwall and Dekeyser. So no matter how much you said it, you're wrong. Over and over and over again. And it give me so much satisfaction to say so. You. Are. Wrong. Brendan Smith did not have the best offensive stats, 5 on 5 or otherwise.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest DeGraa55

Oh, is that what you said originally?

And actually he didn't 5 on 5 or otherwise. He was third on the team in 5 on 5 points, behind Kronwall and Dekeyser. So no matter how much you said it, you're wrong. Over and over and over again. And it give me so much satisfaction to say so. You. Are. Wrong. Brendan Smith did not have the best offensive stats, 5 on 5 or otherwise.

Look at the stats(in my previous post). He was AHEAD of kronwall and Quincey in LESS time on ice. And e and dekeyser were even less but I just posted the three.

*insert smart ass clip here*

Look at the stats(in my previous post). He was AHEAD of kronwall and Quincey in LESS time on ice. And e and dekeyser were even less but I just posted the three.

*insert smart ass clip here*

Lol. Is that what you said to begin with?

You went from "Smith had the best offensive stats" to "Smith had the best 5 on 5 stats" and now you're at "Smith had the best 5 on 5 stats per minute played". Just stop. This is a bad joke. You intentionally misrepresented reality in order to validate some preconceived notion you had. Then you got called on it. And now you're scrambling to try and make it look like you were full of b.s. to begin with. But you were. You definitely were.

Lol. Is that what you said to begin with?

You went from "Smith had the best offensive stats" to "Smith had the best 5 on 5 stats" and now you're at "Smith had the best 5 on 5 stats per minute played". Just stop. This is a bad joke. You intentionally misrepresented reality in order to validate some preconceived notion you had. Then you got called on it. And now you're scrambling to try and make it look like you were full of b.s. to begin with. But you were. You definitely were.

Yeah, this seems like a worth while argument.