• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Jeff Petry; trade between us and oilers

Rate this topic

Sooo from "thehockeynews" website; specifically their rumor round up section, the oilers are looking for a center, one named that has surfaced in the rumor circle is Jeff Petry. Id give them Weiss and kindl for him. Then we could have oullet and Petry, plus he a right hander, that would give us two right handers on our d line. However I dont know much about him, so idk his trade value. Bad thing is his contract expieres next year, 3.08 million cap hit.

Honestly, who cares if his contract expires next year? It's all a ruse to get rid of Kindl, and if Babcock has no intention of playing Weiss, then it's no loss. If Petry walks then we just have a ton of cap space to chase someone. But I don't know anything about this Petry guy, but as a roster clearer it makes sense.

Sooo from "thehockeynews" website; specifically their rumor round up section, the oilers are looking for a center, one named that has surfaced in the rumor circle is Jeff Petry. Id give them Weiss and kindl for him. Then we could have oullet and Petry, plus he a right hander, that would give us two right handers on our d line. However I dont know much about him, so idk his trade value. Bad thing is his contract expieres next year, 3.08 million cap hit.

Are you hypothetically waiving Lashoff or something?

Or do you just mean that we'd "have" Ouellet and Petry like we "have" Ouellet and Kindl now?

The Thing is, the Oilers aren't actually that bad it's just Eakins is in way over his head. The guy has HIS system and no matter what he will stick to it, even if the players don't understand or can't executee it. He got away with it in the AHL, because the Marlies have a stacked roster but it just doesn't work in the NHL.

Schultz needs to get his prioities straight the guy is a defender, so defend for christs sake.

How long before Eakins is on the hot-seat?

Even with all of the shenanigans of last season (jerseys being tossed on the ice, etc.) they seem to have him on a really, really long leash.

The Thing is, the Oilers aren't actually that bad it's just Eakins is in way over his head. The guy has HIS system and no matter what he will stick to it, even if the players don't understand or can't executee it. He got away with it in the AHL, because the Marlies have a stacked roster but it just doesn't work in the NHL.

Schultz needs to get his prioities straight the guy is a defender, so defend for christs sake.

The Oilers look great on paper. They are just a team IMO that have too many kids in the lineup, and unfortunately have a losing culture at this point.

How about Adam Larsson? Healthy scratch to start the season.

Former #4 overall pick and just 21. RH defenseman with some size. And yeah he's a Swede...

That's what happens when you rush a kid.

I don't know why people want the Wings to trade for a young defenseman. I'm all for moving Kindl, but they have Ouellet, Jensen, Marchenko, Sproul, and Backman already.

Edited by DickieDunn

The Oilers look great on paper. They are just a team IMO that have too many kids in the lineup, and unfortunately have a losing culture at this point.

Yeah that's true and they are always rushing the kids, I mean Draisaitl has a whooping 2 NHL games and is already their #2 center ? Some of their fans are already screaming for Babcock even if Katz pays a premium he is not going to ruin his legacy by taking over for Eakins.

There are a ton of examples around the league of players getting rushed into the NHL way too early, and suffering from it. A lot of these guys are still kids coming from junior and are pressured to produce at the highest level right away. This is exactly why I think it's best for Mantha to start his career and possibly even spend his entire first season down in Grand Rapids once he's healthy. I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion on here, but I also think Jurco could use a little more time down in GR and I wouldn't mind him being sent down once Datsyuk is healthy and if Babcock ever decides to get Weiss in the lineup...

On Petry, I wouldn't mind having him but only if Kindl is going the other way, and it would certainly take more than that to get him. Probably more than I'd be willing to give up, especially with so many other guys knocking on the door to crack our back end.

Honestly, who cares if his contract expires next year? It's all a ruse to get rid of Kindl, and if Babcock has no intention of playing Weiss, then it's no loss. If Petry walks then we just have a ton of cap space to chase someone. But I don't know anything about this Petry guy, but as a roster clearer it makes sense.

Right, who cares what we get back for Kindl and Weiss, just getting the cap space to re-sign our players in the main thing.

Right, who cares what we get back for Kindl and Weiss, just getting the cap space to re-sign our players in the main thing.

My point exactly if you can get Petry in exchange for Weiss, Kindl and also gain a huge amount of capspace - with Boychuk being UFA after this year - Holland has to jump on that trade. The only downside is I don't think Craig MacTavish is stupid enough, to accept such a deal :(

heck give us a 3rd rounder and it's a done deal,

Weiss may or may not pan out as a Red Wing. Still far too early to tell. Babs didn't play Tatar at the beginning of last season, was in the doghouse, and he turned out to be pretty good for the Wings.

Rumor from The Fourth Period today...

"As it has been well documented, the Red Wings have expressed interest in Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers... It's believed Holland has also inquired about Arizona Coyotes rearguard Keith Yandle, who remains unlikely to be moved and Winnipeg Jets blueliner Zach Bogosian."

In the order that they're listed...Nope. Yep. Nope.

How about a totally different direction. Weiss, Anderson and Kindl for Hall. Get rid of extra parts to give prospects a chance and get a proven scorer. Heck if you want Petry just add lashoff and if necessary a late round pick