• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Fan turnout at last night's Panthers' game

Rate this topic

Yikes!!

Anyone see the photos? For some reason I can't cut and paste things in there...I think things are messed up as I can't use the "quote" function either.

Anyway, attendance posted at about 7,000, but by the photos....looked even less than that.

Watched some on TV. Was seriously a joke, worse turnout I've ever seen at a major sporting event, including preseason games. It was just a sea of empty seats. Team obviously needs to be moved and rebranded. One hockey team for Florida is enough.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Yep. The Panthers tweeted out this in response to their lowest attendance in history. Previous low was 10k+, this was a dismal 7k+.

@FlaPanthers: Loyalty is best earned on the back of virtue, honor and integrity. Together, we climb. Thanks to all who came. #FlaPanthers

Seats will be empty when your team sucks. But a mixture of a bad team and not being in a hockey market is a disaster. I saw that FLA-OTT game last night and it was BAD. Honestly though, Wings have had their share of attendance problems too. Not as bad as Florida but there are some nights the empty seats are kind of embarrassing. The other night against Anaheim was one of those nights.

Edited by SimonSin

It always amazes me, how stubborn the NHL is. Going into a bandwagon market knowing there won't be enough supporters...sucks for the fans there but clearly not enough are interested in the team. Now would be a good time to give back would has been stolen from Quebec City.

I think the Panthers and Coyotes will be the first sunbelt teams on the move soon, what a million $ and fan heart disaster this whole expansion has been...

I've asked this before, but how does this team still operate?

They don't make the playoffs, don't have any star players and haven't since Bure, haven't won anything for a long time, don't have any fans, don't sell merchandise nationally?

Any ideas on this mystery?

They don't make the playoffs, don't have any star players and haven't since Bure, haven't won anything for a long time, don't have any fans, don't sell merchandise nationally?

Propped up by other teams and TV deals. Like a few other teams.

Money from teams like the Wings ... and a stubborn NHL front office every other league would have long acted.

Do I wish that to the (few) loyal fans there ? No it for sure sucks but I'm also sick of seeing the Wings having to pay money they could use on players, instead of being forced to help expansion teams stay in the business.

If they would have been the Quebec Panthérs the team would have been moved a long time ago that's for sure.

Edited by frankgrimes

The real challenge comes when you expand to four more cities. Now you are diluting the TV contracts by another 12% or so per team, as well as revenue from other teams. I don't know how they will prop up useless teams like Florida, Columbus, Phoenix/Arizona/Glendale/WhoGivesACrap, and even the Islanders.

Florida actually isnt all that bad. Yeah they arent contending for a cup, but they can make the playoffs any given season.

Its clear that there is no reason for that city/state to have a franchise. All other struggling cities that were in the same situation were saved by a draft pick or two.

Pitts: Crosby/Malkin

Was: OV

CHI: Towes/ Kane

TB has their previous cup run to back them up. Also Stamkos is as elite as they come

I don't see any players of these caliber coming into town for FLA. But hey, tank for mcdavid?

Edited by WingsallTheway

Revenue. Sharing.

Guest DeGraa55

I have been to aeros games here in Houston on a week night with more fans in the seats than that.

The NHL needs to move these guys, this is just sad to see.

That's crazy weekday griffins games average like 1000 you can sit anywhere you want.

I gotta ask the obvious why are there people sitting way up in the stands if there is no one in front of them?

image.jpg

Better view? I'll personally never sit in the lower bowl. I prefer frot row of the upper bowl right on center ice. You get the best view there IMO.

That's crazy weekday griffins games average like 1000 you can sit anywhere you want.

Better view? I'll personally never sit in the lower bowl. I prefer frot row of the upper bowl right on center ice. You get the best view there IMO.

With almost no one around the lower bowl would give you a crazy good view.

Guest DeGraa55

With almost no one around the lower bowl would give you a crazy good view.

Ehh maybe. But I'm stubborn and OCD I don't like looking through the glass.

If the Panthers move, can the Bolts survive?

I don't see how the two are related...?

I read over the summer that the Griffins had the 2nd highest average attendance last season. I think you're off by a few thousand.

Florida actually isnt all that bad. Yeah they arent contending for a cup, but they can make the playoffs any given season.

Its clear that there is no reason for that city/state to have a franchise. All other struggling cities that were in the same situation were saved by a draft pick or two.

Pitts: Crosby/Malkin

Was: OV

CHI: Towes/ Kane

TB has their previous cup run to back them up. Also Stamkos is as elite as they come

I don't see any players of these caliber coming into town for FLA. But hey, tank for mcdavid?

No offense, but you seriously are putting those four teams in the same league as Florida….at any time? Even at their lowest points, Chicago, Washington and Pitt were hard core hockey towns. If you had just said Tampa, I guess that would be sort of relevant but not for the past 12 years really. So on second thought, I have no idea what you are trying to compare, none of those teams are or have been remotely like Florida in the current millennium.