• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/15 GDT : Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

10703895_832362046784074_187969365724649

Didn't have time to put something together and it looked like no claim had been laid to this GDT in the sign up sheet.

Lines -

Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Abdelkader-Helm-Nestrasil

Miller-Glendening-Andersson

Kronwall-Ericsson

DeKeyser-Quincey

Smith-Kindl

Howard

Is the DeKeyser - Smith pairing split up or is that just a typo? As far as I know they were still practicing together yesterday...

Also, get Weiss in the lineup already. He's an upgrade over half the forwards that we've had dressed over the past two games. What the f*** gives Babs?

Is the DeKeyser - Smith pairing split up or is that just a typo? As far as I know they were still practicing together yesterday...

Also, get Weiss in the lineup already. He's an upgrade over half the forwards that we've had dressed over the past two games. What the f*** gives Babs?

Maybe babs thinks Smith can get kindl going? Worth a shot I suppose but I doubt at this point even lids could do that. (I lie lids could do anything)

These lines look pretty good even with Pav out still. I wonder what they will look like when he returns?

We also have a chance to see the Sweedish 5, is that a thing??

Still no Weiss.... I am not gonna lie, I wish he would get a shot.

It makes me wonder what's really going on there. He (Weiss) was under the impression he was working very hard, do him and Babs have different ideas in terms what's hard work?

13dangledangle~

Guest Praying Mantha

I long for a 7-3 game. Wings have been playoff hockey since 2011. Would be nice to see a barn burner like the Ottawa game last year.

I long for a 7-3 game. Wings have been playoff hockey since 2011. Would be nice to see a barn burner like the Ottawa game last year.

And you'll get it...next year...when Jeff Blashill's the coach. Don't hold your breath for scoring as long as Babs is the coach. Offense isn't really part of his game plan.

Guest Praying Mantha

And you'll get it...next year...when Jeff Blashill's the coach. Don't hold your breath for scoring as long as Babs is the coach. Offense isn't really part of his game plan.

Nailbiters every game gets exhausting. I like good D, but I don't know why any player would want to play playoff hockey 80-100 games of the season. That seems excruciating.

Nailbiters every game gets exhausting. I like good D, but I don't know why any player would want to play playoff hockey 80-100 games of the season. That seems excruciating.

Probably not to most of our bottom six players. If Babs had a different philosophy in mind, guys like Glendening, Andersson, and Nestrasil would still be in the AHL and Helm, Abby, and Miller would be on the fourth line. They're probably thrilled that he coaches the way he does. If he had any interest in scoring goals those guys would all be marginal NHL players.

Guest Praying Mantha

Probably not to most of our bottom six players. If Babs had a different philosophy in mind, guys like Glendening, Andersson, and Nestrasil would still be in the AHL and Helm, Abby, and Miller would be on the fourth line. They're probably thrilled that he coaches the way he does. If he had any interest in scoring goals those guys would all be marginal NHL players.

Yup. Pulkkinen and his 25 goals a year are sitting in GR while Drew Miller continues to unimpress at all areas of hockey. "But he's good on the pk.". Yah? Show me an article that says he's superior to Dats/Zetterberg/Sheahan/Franzen/Helm/Abdelkader/Anderson/Glendening. I would not rank Miller higher than anyone on our pk other than Tatar, Nyquist, and Jurco. But just like you said, Babcock's low scoring grind it out style keeps Miller employed and well.

Yup. Pulkkinen and his 25 goals a year are sitting in GR while Drew Miller continues to unimpress at all areas of hockey. "But he's good on the pk.". Yah? Show me an article that says he's superior to Dats/Zetterberg/Sheahan/Franzen/Helm/Abdelkader/Anderson/Glendening. I would not rank Miller higher than anyone on our pk other than Tatar, Nyquist, and Jurco. But just like you said, Babcock's low scoring grind it out style keeps Miller employed and well.

Considering that the PK right now is by far team's biggest strength, I'd be careful not to underestimate the value of Drew Miller.