• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matthewdanna

Pavel Datsyuk update?

Rate this topic

He's out for the weekend. They're saying he can be back sometime next week. It's been about a month since he got injured. He's been skating and shooting the puck but no contact yet. He should be back soon.

I agree E_T. But it looks like Franzen isn't ready to go. He wasn't at practice today. Also looks like Weiss will be back to a healthy scratch once again.

Lines at practice today were

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Nestrasil - Helm - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Anderson

I agree E_T. But it looks like Franzen isn't ready to go. He wasn't at practice today. Also looks like Weiss will be back to a healthy scratch once again.

Lines at practice today were

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Nestrasil - Helm - Jurco

Miller - Glendening - Anderson

God forbid nostril gets scratched. He really hasn't impressed me much, give Weiss a few games to get going

I don't mind those lines but if you're going to break up the kid line by taking Jurco off and inserting Nyquist, why not send Jurco down to the minors and put Weiss in the lineup...

I'd rather Helm - Weiss - Nestrasil to be honest. This coming from the biggest Jurco fan there is. He needs more time in GR in my opinion...

Yeah, or scratch Nestrasil but I think sooner or later (once everyone is healthy) one of Nestrasil or Jurco will have to be sent down, and I'd prefer it be Jurco.

Also, power-play units are:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Helm

Kronwall - Nyquist

Nestrasil - Sheahan - Jurco

DeKeyser - Tatar

God forbid nostril gets scratched. He really hasn't impressed me much, give Weiss a few games to get going

Nestrasil is doing a lot of things right. He's heavy on the puck, making nice plays defensively, and he's had some good looks offensively but hasn't gotten anything to go in. If I'm the coach I'm icing the team that has the best chance of getting me wins, not playing a guy to "get him going".

Guest Praying Mantha

Nestrasil is doing a lot of things right. He's heavy on the puck, making nice plays defensively, and he's had some good looks offensively but hasn't gotten anything to go in. If I'm the coach I'm icing the team that has the best chance of getting me wins, not playing a guy to "get him going".

Good point. Nesty needs to get stronger in his own end (see Getzlaf abusing him on GWG), but his forecheck has been a lot more impressive than I thought it would be. He needs 10 more lbs of muscle and a few years experience, and he'll be a good 3rd line NHLer.

dat's sick - I agree that Nestrasil has looked good, but I think that is mostly relative to what we all expected from him. He came out of nowhere at the end of last season and made his way onto the roster this season, in my opinion, only because he would have to go through waivers. He has been strong on the puck and very poised for a relatively young player, but I still think Weiss is the much better option. It will take him a few games to get the pace back in his game, but that's why Babcock is bringing him along slowly. He played 8:03 in his first game back, maybe next game he plays a little better and plays 10 minutes, and then 12, and so on until he's up around 18-20 minutes a night. Weiss will get his game back and he will contribute, so why not get him in going sooner rather than later?

Good point. Nesty needs to get stronger in his own end (see Getzlaf abusing him on GWG), but his forecheck has been a lot more impressive than I thought it would be. He needs 10 more lbs of muscle and a few years experience, and he'll be a good 3rd line NHLer.

He just dropped 20lbs this summer because he was slow.

He doesn't need to gain weight, his speed is one of his assets now, it wasn't before.

He just needs to learn to use his big frame for leverage, which will come with the experience he needs.

Guest Praying Mantha

He just dropped 20lbs this summer because he was slow.

He doesn't need to gain weight, his speed is one of his assets now, it wasn't before.

He just needs to learn to use his big frame for leverage, which will come with the experience he needs.

He dropped 20 lbs of fat. Datsyuk at 175 = not as good as Datsyuk at 196. He's worked his ass off in the gym to become the leagues premier 2-way guy. Nesty needs some more muscle.

Ah, but if Weiss is a legitimate option for #2 center by January, you'll be able to ice a better team then.

Also, Nestrasil is not really a factor out there currently - he still developing. Playing him now is also serving to "get him going."

I thought they were going to try Helm on Datsyuk's wing. If Franzen isn't good to go, why not this:

Z-D-Helm

Tats-Sheahan-Jurco

Abby-Weiss-Nyquist

Miller-Glen-Andy

You could switch Nyquist and Jurco

He dropped 20 lbs of fat. Datsyuk at 175 = not as good as Datsyuk at 196. He's worked his ass off in the gym to become the leagues premier 2-way guy. Nesty needs some more muscle.

Okay?

Are you implying nestrasil hasn't worked his ass of, or that if he adds ten pounds of muscle it'll make him a premier two way guy?

Your comment kind of seemed to come from left field.

Ha.

The extra ten pounds of muscle will come as he fills out more with age, putting on that much muscle while keeping your speed is hard to do, its going to take time.

I'm not saying I don't want him to add muscle, I do.

But if he just puts on ten pounds of random muscle and its not in the right spot it'll just make him slower.

I also don't really see where you're coming from wanting him to gain more weight.

He's strong as hell on the puck, really good along the walls holding onto it, and hes not getting knocked off the puck very easily, he actually excels in these these things.

I'd rather play a guy a couple weeks that we know was a consistent point producer before being injured than a project that may or may not pan out in a couple years.

Guest Praying Mantha

Okay?

Are you implying nestrasil hasn't worked his ass of, or that if he adds ten pounds of muscle it'll make him a premier two way guy?

Your comment kind of seemed to come from left field.

Ha.

The extra ten pounds of muscle will come as he fills out more with age, putting on that much muscle while keeping your speed is hard to do, its going to take time.

I'm not saying I don't want him to add muscle, I do.

But if he just puts on ten pounds of random muscle and its not in the right spot it'll just make him slower.

I also don't really see where you're coming from wanting him to gain more weight.

He's strong as hell on the puck, really good along the walls holding onto it, and hes not getting knocked off the puck very easily, he actually excels in these these things.

We are speaking the same language. I love Nesty and see him as a Joakim Andersson with hands type guy, outside of the circle. But I want him to become a Toma's Jurco type guy. Jurco plays with a fire thats fun to watch. And he's filling out his frame more every year. A couple 6'3", 210 lb. wingers on the sides of Larkin would be pretty tasty, I think.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Mantha

Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar

Nestrasil-Larkin-Jurco

Abdelkader-Helm-Franzen

Glendening/Pulkinnen

Weiss, Miller, Cleary, and Andersson for whatever we can get back. Gotta dump the garbage just like Imperial Cruisers do before they make the jump to light speed.

We are speaking the same language. I love Nesty and see him as a Joakim Andersson with hands type guy, outside of the circle. But I want him to become a Toma's Jurco type guy. Jurco plays with a fire thats fun to watch. And he's filling out his frame more every year. A couple 6'3", 210 lb. wingers on the sides of Larkin would be pretty tasty, I think.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Mantha

Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar

Nestrasil-Larkin-Jurco

Abdelkader-Helm-Franzen

Glendening/Pulkinnen

Weiss, Miller, Cleary, and Andersson for whatever we can get back. Gotta dump the garbage just like Imperial Cruisers do before they make the jump to light speed.

Word up.

Ha

Guest Praying Mantha

Just realized I've gone off topic quite a bit here. Sorry to the original thread maker. Datsyuk is awesome. And I think we strongly need to consider why the team's response, as a whole, wasn't a lot more violent when numb nuts hit him so aggressively in the frocking preseason. If Ericsson is going to be a passive defender who plays reactionary hockey, can't we at least get him to fight and stick up for our stars? Guys that hit Z and Pavs need to pay, regardless of how clean their hits are.

Word up.

Ha

:-)

Guest Praying Mantha

Datsyuk is skating again today at the Bell Centre. Same line combinations as yesterday's practice. Will have a better idea if he will play tonight, after practice.

Cool. I want to see #13. He's awesome.