• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingsfan83

Weiss

Rate this topic

Weisser just doesn't have Babcock's trust. Its as simple as that. It means a lot that Nestrasil is playing over him (especially considering Nesty hasn't done much in his 3 games and Weiss is a seasoned NHL producer and 100% healthy). Its really frustrating for the fans and must be 1000x more frustrating for Weiss. Hopefully Weiss is the kind of player that derives motivation from this stuff rather than just getting his confidence battered (like Kindl).

I am surprised he hasn't gotten a shot yet. Was he really that crappy at camp? It seems like it's in the best interest of the team long term to give him a chance to shake the rust off and earn his keep.

from what i seen he was skating well which was his main issue last season. hes defensibly responsible which you would think babs would like. maybe the f you holland theory is true

Guest Praying Mantha

Weiss has been a pure miss for us so far. Sammy, Tootoo, Cleary, Weiss, etc. Holland isn't giving Babs much to work with. I hope Weiss turns it around, but I'm skeptical right now.

I am surprised he hasn't gotten a shot yet.

Was he really that crappy at camp? It seems like it's in the best interest of the team long term to give him a chance to shake the rust off and earn his keep.

This is the frame of mind I'm in. Is the best option really to not play him and hopefully he'll take a trade? I have to think that it's what you suggested

13dangledangle~

Gotta think this is lighting fires under Weiss. He's in what should be some prime years, especially after escaping Florida (I know they chose not to re-sign, that's still escaping that terrible franchise in my book). He's back where his career started. I'm sure he wants to prove to Babs more than ever at this point that he can perform.

I can't imagine he needed any extra motivation. I mean the heat was already on him because of last year.

I'm sure he thought after last season he would be on the opening night roster. He didn't get that benefit of the doubt from Babs. That's what lights fires. Not: it wasn't my fault, I was injured.

I'm sure he thought after last season he would be on the opening night roster. He didn't get that benefit of the doubt from Babs. That's what lights fires. Not: it wasn't my fault, I was injured.

Darren Helm missed a year and a half with injuries and wasn't a healthy scratch once he was healthy. There's not to be more to it than this.

Okay, so he's practicing in white today, indicating that he might play tomorrow (or maybe it's just because Abdelkader took a rest day) :

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/practice-post-red-wings-prepare-for-maple-leafs

Also, I found something from Weiss on the situation:

http://www.themorningsun.com/sports/20141015/weiss-knew-job-wouldnt-be-handed-to-him

“I did my best throughout the preseason to do what I could to get in the lineup and it wasn’t good enough,” Weiss said. “But it’s a long season. I’ve just got to keep working hard and keep trying to get better and when I get my chance to go I’ve got to be ready to go. I’m hungry to get back in the lineup,” Weiss continued. “It’s always a surprise and a shock when you’re not playing. It wasn’t just going to be handed to me on a silver platter.”

I actually like what he says and it doesn't seem to be anything other than a hockey issue from that article.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Guest Praying Mantha

Is anyone else bothered by the missing tooth? He looks like a doofus with it not fixed. He looks cool when its fixed. He needs to get his cool back.

Okay, so he's practicing in white today, indicating that he might play tomorrow (or maybe it's just because Abdelkader took a rest day) :

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/practice-post-red-wings-prepare-for-maple-leafs

Also, I found something from Weiss on the situation:

http://www.themorningsun.com/sports/20141015/weiss-knew-job-wouldnt-be-handed-to-him

“I did my best throughout the preseason to do what I could to get in the lineup and it wasn’t good enough,” Weiss said. “But it’s a long season. I’ve just got to keep working hard and keep trying to get better and when I get my chance to go I’ve got to be ready to go. I’m hungry to get back in the lineup,” Weiss continued. “It’s always a surprise and a shock when you’re not playing. It wasn’t just going to be handed to me on a silver platter.”

I actually like what he says and it doesn't seem to be anything other than a hockey issue from that article.

at least hes choosing the nyquist method and keeping his mouth shut and working hard. this would be a really hot situation if he pulled the tatar method and bitched about it. (not hating on tatar, hes my favorite player)

The Wings have six goals in three games.

Weiss needs to play to see if he can give the team much-needed help offensively. If he still can't contribute, then there's a serious problem, but Joakim Andersson and Andrej Nestrasil aren't going to solve the lack of goals issue.

Unless there are lingering injury concerns, I don't really understand Weiss being scratched unless there is more going on behind the scenes.

The Wings have six goals in three games.

Weiss needs to play to see if he can give the team much-needed help offensively. If he still can't contribute, then there's a serious problem, but Joakim Andersson and Andrej Nestrasil aren't going to solve the lack of goals issue.

Unless there are lingering injury concerns, I don't really understand Weiss being scratched unless there is more going on behind the scenes.

I agree, but I'd take it a step further. Weiss needs to play, and play at center. He's not likely to provide much offensive punch playing a position he's never played professionally, in a system he's still learning. Doesn't sound like a recipe for success to me.