• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Lucic has a meltdown as Bruins get smacked by Habs...again

Rate this topic

Serious? I'd call it an accomplishment if we don't finish last with the garbage we have.

Well, first off, we're not that bad. Secondly, he said he hopes they run away with it. I for one hope the Wings do. Not that I think it's a realistic expectation, but one can dream.

Marchand went of the handle in the playoffs last year when thornton was on the team.

They're frustrated with their rough start - which owes to the loss of iginla and boychuk.

And Thornton told him in colorful words to stop the s*** and take a backseat.

As they should be, the expectations in Boston are through the roof and Chiarelli - whom I regarded as one of the best GMs till he made that bonehaded trade - isn't helping matters. I don't know how good their prospect pool is, but man replacing Chara will be no easy task. I could see them having the same problem like the Wings, how do you replace a future HHOF defender ?

Also when it comes doe embellishment and stupid gestures, a team that has as many rats as the Habs (both on the ice and in the stands) should be the last to act from a high moral ground.

Edited by frankgrimes

I 100% agree that the Seguin trade was a bad trade on Boston's end, but it wasn't just a "hockey" trade. I remember at the time Seguin's character was being questioned regarding his supposed late night partying.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/07/05/tyler_seguins_mom_lashes_out_at_boston_media_over_partying_reports.html

I think Boston's issues this year are a combination of losing Iginla, Boychuck, Krejci's injury, possibly a regression due to age, facing good competition, but most likely just a slump. If they are playing this way in a month, Bruins fans should maybe be concerned. Its just a few games into an 82 game season.

I think losing Thornton has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Boston is in the same situation (to a much lesser extent) that we were the last few years with lidstrom.

The main difference is charas nowhere near as good as lids was, so now that is game is falling off its more noticeable to the success of the team.

They lose boychuck(we lost RAF) and all of the sudden their stellar d is turning average.

The wings had much more skill though. And were more disciplined.

I think its taking chara longer to get back into game shape, and yes clearly lost a step.

And whether you think thornton helped them our not last year Their "team toughness" has definitely declined.

Theyre going to be screwwd when chara retires.

Boston is in the same situation (to a much lesser extent) that we were the last few years with lidstrom.

The main difference is charas nowhere near as good as lids was, so now that is game is falling off its more noticeable to the success of the team.

They lose boychuck(we lost RAF) and all of the sudden their stellar d is turning average.

The wings had much more skill though. And were more disciplined.

I think its taking chara longer to get back into game shape, and yes clearly lost a step.

And whether you think thornton helped them our not last year Their "team toughness" has definitely declined.

Theyre going to be screwwd when chara retires.

Chara is still one of the best but whether or not their fans like it... Boston is an aging team and if they are smart they should be looking at possibilities to replace Chara before he falls off even more. The Wings were never prepared for Lids retirement because plan A wanted to play elsewhere.

The Wings did have the skill yeah but Boston had one heck of difficult to play against roster. Agreed on the Thornton past he was a big part in terms of leadership and identity. Also I hate to bring up because I'm a huge fan of Bergeron but injuries will soon catch up on him.

That being said Boston still has two years of cup contention If they replace Boychuk and get back to be the big bad Bruins. Safe for the leafs Boston is still the toughest team in the east and whether people like that identity or not.. It brought them a cup, a scf and SC contention for years. BTW. Rask will pull off a Timmy more often than not this season because that defense took a huge hit.

Edited by frankgrimes

Chara is still one of the best but whether or not their fans like it... Boston is an aging team and if they are smart they should be looking at possibilities to replace Chara before he falls off even more. The Wings were never prepared for Lids retirement because plan A wanted to play elsewhere. The Wings did have the skill yeah but Boston had one heck of difficult to play against roster. Agreed on the Thornton past he was a big part in terms of leadership and identity. Also I hate to bring up because I'm a huge fan of Bergeron but injuries will soon catch up on him. That being said Boston still has two years of cup contention If they replace Boychuk and get back to be the big bad Bruins. Safe for the leafs Boston is still the toughest team in the east and whether people like that identity or not.. It brought them a cup, a scf and SC contention for years. BTW. Rask will pull off a Timmy more often than not this season because that defense took a huge hit.

I didnt say chara wasnt good, or had fallen off so drastically he wasnt good, i was just stating he lost a step.

Which he has.

You said agreed on Thornton like you were disagreeing with everything else I said, but you kind of just went into more detail with the same general concept I started with. so yeah. Agreed.

I do expect them to get back to being a good team, but they're worse than last year.

And the injuries will catch up to him, as well as the amount of games they've been playing over the years.

They're still realgud.

They can still be contenders, but theyve gotta right the ship pretty quickly and stop all this nonsense.

How many times has lucic came out and apologized for his antics, onlyto do something stupid again, and again.

They got rid of seguin because of his off ice shenanigans, what's the excuse for looch?

I'm a huge fan of Lucic but you are right his antics are sometimes just... Dumb but I stand by my point the habs should really be the last team complaining about something like this. Their team is filled with rats.

Seguin made one mistake he missed a team meeting because is partying with ladies the night before and that's about it. The media brought it up time and time again to make him look bad... Well we are seeing how bad he is now..

Chia needs to pray for a 180 turn around on that trade. I don't know much about their prospects but they better have some ready to take over soon. But this is also exactly what I've been talking about in terms of wings and rebuild is they are doing this right we would have less SC contenders in 4 years Boston, Chicago, Pittsburgh and even the Blues will slow down that should be the time when the Wings are able to read establish themselves as SC contenders.

You know there are a ton of players that you just hate on the ice but are really good guys off the ice? Lucic isn't one of them. He's just an all-around ******, all the time. There are not many players I would say that about...to be honest, the only other two that immediately come to mind are Marchand and Maxim Lapierre.

Lucic can be a really effective player, big and strong, decent skill for a big guy, but he really is one of those guys that are inexplicably...aholes all the time.

I used to dream of having Lucic in Detroit but he is nothing more than a bigger version of Sean Avery. He has no respect for the game, his colleagues nor the fans. I can't stand him since seeing him stick a helpless DK in the gooch last season. He is a 200+ lbs 2 year old baby except his tantrums will eventually serious injure someone.

I first saw the animated gif of this last incident with him raising his arms to taunt the crowd and thought "whats the big deal". But when you see the full clip and makes the jack off gesture to the crowd first I think it is a big deal and he needs to have his shackles put back on and to be drug back to his cage at the zoo where these kinds of behaviours are expected. I get that its an emotional game and the fans in Montreal aren't the friendliest but there are kids watching for pete's sake. The guy is a tool and needs some punishment for his crap.

I used to dream of having Lucic in Detroit but he is nothing more than a bigger version of Sean Avery. He has no respect for the game, his colleagues nor the fans. I can't stand him since seeing him stick a helpless DK in the gooch last season. He is a 200+ lbs 2 year old baby except his tantrums will eventually serious injure someone.

I first saw the animated gif of this last incident with him raising his arms to taunt the crowd and thought "whats the big deal". But when you see the full clip and makes the jack off gesture to the crowd first I think it is a big deal and he needs to have his shackles put back on and to be drug back to his cage at the zoo where these kinds of behaviours are expected. I get that its an emotional game and the fans in Montreal aren't the friendliest but there are kids watching for pete's sake. The guy is a tool and needs some punishment for his crap.

If Sean Avery was as skilled as looch then there's be teams willing to put up with his bull.

But I agree.

He's out of hand, and I find it appalling that he keeps getting slaps on the wrists instead of any substantial punishment....

Which is why hell keep doing it.

Whats his incentive not to?

Montreal should trade for a McGrattan and sign McIntyre. They should play those guys against Lucic each time he's on the ice.

Might not win them the game, but would send Quasimodo a good message. Send a message to Boston too.

Unfortunately, Montreal's GM has slightly more balls than Holland, and never does anything of the sort. If I was a Habs fan, I'd be tired of my team taking physical abuse from Boston and Lucic all the time.

Yeah, it must suck being the Habs going up against a juggernaut like the big bad Bruins... they definitely need to change their game plan against them, I mean they've only gone 3-1 the last two regular seasons against them, beat them in their only game so far this season and beat them in 7 games in last years playoffs... something definitely needs to change in Montreal...

Let Lucic act like the little ***** he is, and let the Habs and fans have the last laugh. Love It!

Yeah, it must suck being the Habs going up against a juggernaut like the big bad Bruins... they definitely need to change their game plan against them, I mean they've only gone 3-1 the last two regular seasons against them, beat them in their only game so far this season and beat them in 7 games in last years playoffs... something definitely needs to change in Montreal...

Let Lucic act like the little ***** he is, and let the Habs and fans have the last laugh. Love It!

But getting their asses punked out can't be fun, can it? You can win games and not take crap from anyone. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Besides, the Habs aren't exactly winning Cups every year. They need to get tougher mentally and physically. So yes, something does need to change in Montreal. Nice try, though, making them sound like a team that makes the Finals every year.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Montreal should trade for a McGrattan and sign McIntyre. They should play those guys against Lucic each time he's on the ice.

Might not win them the game, but would send Quasimodo a good message. Send a message to Boston too.

Unfortunately, Montreal's GM has slightly more balls than Holland, and never does anything of the sort. If I was a Habs fan, I'd be tired of my team taking physical abuse from Boston and Lucic all the time.

Dude, if they'd be good with McGrattan they'd be great with Colton Orr. Ya know, considering he broke Candyass McGrattan's face.

And whadda know, Colton Orr (like pretty much every other enforcer) is available this year.

Dude, if they'd be good with McGrattan they'd be great with Colton Orr. Ya know, considering he broke Candyass McGrattan's face.

And whadda know, Colton Orr (like pretty much every other enforcer) is available this year.

Montreal wouldn't sign an enforcer even if they played in the LNAH. It's just their team philosophy for the last God knows how many years.

No, not at all. I made it seem like they're a team that beat Boston a lot more often than not. Which refuted your original point... Winning Games > Winning Fights.

If Montreal fans are comfortable with seeing their players get beat up in brawls against Boston, Ottawa and Toronto (all of which happened in the last 2 years), then to each their own. I know they've lost to those teams in the playoffs before, because they couldn't handle those teams' toughness.

Montreal is currently better than at least Toronto and Ottawa, but until they win something, their duck and cover attitude isn't impressing me.