• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Toronto Radio: Illitch is selling everything and Babs will be Leafs GM

Rate this topic

Huge RUMOR headline, but making legitimate press.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10/17/rumor-ilitch-looking-to-sell-tigers-red-wings-little-caesers/

http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/report-are-the-detroit-red-wings-up-for-sale

Link with audio http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/audio-from-bob-mccowns-discussions-of-the-red-wings-possibly-being-for-sale

Personally think it's BS, but who knows. I would think that working for decades to build a new arena for your team/city only to sell it all off would be a crazy move.

I'm betting that's what we call 'clickbait.' The Babcock part seems absolutely absurd and reeks of Toronto delusions. Maybe Illitch sells the franchises (maybe the arena was the last legacy he wanted to leave) but that seems pretty bizarre, too. With his family so involved in the resurrection of Detroit just saying 'peace out' when things are finally moving seems a little weird. I call BS on this story.

Wow so read day th tree quality we can expect from sn f*** Rogers Would be said of the best owner sells the Wings

Frank. You texting with your forehead again? :lol:

Lol nah just that stupid auto correction taking over again (I'm in the middle of learning how to swipe type) so new virtual keyboard.

Man I hope Mr. I doesn't sell

Edited by frankgrimes

Per Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!!

Report by Toronto radio's Bob McCown that Ilitches looking to sell Wings, Tigers and Little Caesars completely false, Ken Holland said.

Helene St. James...

#RedWings GM Ken Holland on Ilitches selling #RedWings, #Tigers: "It's Bob McCown making stuff up."

And Ted Kulfan...

Ken Holland, not surprisingly, said the McCown radio report was total "b.s" regarding Ilitches selling TIgers, Red Wings and Little Caesars

Living in the Toronto area, this is why I stopped listening to Toronto sports radio. After 50 years of failure, I don't understand how they can think the Maple Leafs are an organization anyone wants to go to... I get my sports talk now from AM550 and AM1520 from Buffalo, and the Dan Patrick Show online.

Edited by Barrie

Living in the Toronto area, this is why I stopped listening to Toronto sports radio. After 50 years of failure, I don't understand how they can think the Maple Leafs are an organization anyone wants to go to... I get my sports talk now from AM550 and AM1520 from Buffalo, and the Dan Patrick Show online.

The funny thing is, once people sign there the expectations are through the roof. Top paid players dares to go on a scoring drought ? Trade him, fire the GM fire the coach rebuild and our - insert newest first round pick - will be the savior...rince repeat. I actually think Nonis is good for their market, he isn't an attention ***** and just goes quietly about his business so the media has to make up even more BS stories because they aren't getting burkish quotes anymore.

They've also said Stamkos wants to come home after he liked a news article of him coming home for a charity game..

Also if I'm Mr. I I'd be looking hard at suing Cown for that kind of crap.

Edited by frankgrimes

I would like to see Babcock take over Holland's position as GM in Detroit and Blashill be the coach some day.

Great suggestion but it won't happen for at least the next 3 years :(

I think Babcock may want a Patrick Roy like situation, where he can coach and have more say in how to structure the team. If Holland isn't willing to offer that, it's time for Mike Illitch to pull a Yzerman again.