• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/18 GDT - Maple Leafs 0 at Red Wings 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Checking in from the grocery store - my wofe wanted to pick up some things after my gig, what's the short version?

Tons of empty seats everywhere, really embarrassing. Every time they showed the lower bowl it was filled with empty seats. I was so embarrassed! I mean, I'm not prepared to do anything about it, I just want to make sure everyone knows how embarrassed I was.

Did I mention how embarrassing it was? The empty seats? Embarrassing!

Embarrassed.

Tons of empty seats everywhere, really embarrassing. Every time they showed the lower bowl it was filled with empty seats. I was so embarrassed! I mean, I'm not prepared to do anything about it, I just want to make sure everyone knows how embarrassed I was.

Embarrassed.

I'm not sure if this is meant as a shot at the people in the thread who were commenting on the empty seats. I've gone to 3 games already. I can't afford to go to every game. But people are posses at Kenny so they refuse to go. And it is embarrassing.

Embarrassed.

I think you've bitched about this before. Again, these are probably corporate seats and the ones that aren't that are season ticket holders who try to sell them are not cheap. Besides the upper bowl is usually packed.

another quick word on Glenny. His emergence along with Sheahan's would allow us to offer Helm in a deal for something we need. While Helm still has value. This team doesn't need all three, especially when Dats comes back to take up another center spot. Nothing personal against Helm...

If Weiss was solid then you'd have a point, but unless Z is going to play center and the trade is for a top winger than we do need all of those 3

another quick word on Glenny. His emergence along with Sheahan's would allow us to offer Helm in a deal for something we need. While Helm still has value. This team doesn't need all three, especially when Dats comes back to take up another center spot. Nothing personal against Helm...

Maybe if Helm was the kind of piece that would land us a top pairing d-man I would consider it. But I think he is more valuable to us than he is in a trade. We always seem to be a much better team when he's playing than when he isn't.

I guess if Buffalo for example would give us Myers ONLY if they get Helm I wouldn't say no, but we know everyone wants guys like Nyquist/Mantha/Jurco.

It is because real fans cannot afford seats in Toronto. All the tickets are gobbled up business suits entertaining clients. This is why a 2nd NHL team would work.

I would think getting a fanbase would be difficult, because of the Leafs' popularity. Yes, the 2nd team could sell tickets because it's hockey and it's the NHL, but that team would always be second fiddle.

Weiss sucks; he looked lost - like a kid getting pushed around by adults. Put someone out there that is hungry - not just because he has a contract. He's the next Samuelsson - ugh!

He wasn't very good, but, to be fair, this was his first game in over ten months.

Maybe if Helm was the kind of piece that would land us a top pairing d-man I would consider it. But I think he is more valuable to us than he is in a trade. We always seem to be a much better team when he's playing than when he isn't.

I guess if Buffalo for example would give us Myers ONLY if they get Helm I wouldn't say no, but we know everyone wants guys like Nyquist/Mantha/Jurco.

Agreed. I think Helm for Petry and maybe a pick is close to being a good deal for us, because Petry can be a pretty good top-pairing defenseman. But even there, I feel Helm is too valuable. He makes us a better team, creates chances with his speed, backs off the opposing D, kills penalties, is arguably our best defensive forward in our bottom six, can set a physical tone with his forechecking. While we're overloaded at center, Helm shouldn't be one of the ones feeling the squeeze. Unless this is a really big deal for a really good player that we really can't pass up.

Lol so much pessimism on this website. The Wings played a hell of a game (ignoring PP) on both ends of the ice, and the Leafs showed up both as a team and as a fan base. The atmosphere was awesome. But it's cool, let's overlook all that and s*** on Wings players! Woohooooo. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I don't know about the rest of you but these multiple days between games is worse than the off season.

I was just thinking something to that effect.

If theyre not playing every other day I get antsy, I was looking at the schedule and it seems all out of whack.

At the end of the month theres a stretch of four days without hockey, and in the middle of November theres a five day break, and its not for thanksgiving.

Guest Praying Mantha

I was just thinking something to that effect.

If theyre not playing every other day I get antsy, I was looking at the schedule and it seems all out of whack.

At the end of the month theres a stretch of four days without hockey, and in the middle of November theres a five day break, and its not for thanksgiving.

Yah. The guys who make the schedule must be high. Why not Sunday afternoon game instead of back to back? Neither team had a Monday game.