• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmyemeryhunter

slava voynov suspended after domestic violence arrest

Rate this topic

"Slava Voynov was arrested Monday morning on domestic violence charges and has been suspended indefinitely from the Los Angeles Kings pending a formal investigation by the NHL."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=735321

Looks like they're trying to avoid the giant headache the NFL had with the immediate action.

I wonder what kind of protocol they're going to put in place, like the NFL's automatic 6game suspension for first offense, then ban for second.
I hope the NHL does something much more severe, its horrendous that its such a big problem and the NFL handled it so badly I'd like the NHL to come out with a no tolerance policy for these offenses.

I also think they should be beaten in the streets by the rest of their team for being s***ty excuses for men.

Here's a more in depth write up from CBS sports:

http://cbsprt.co/1t2rox9

"Slava Voynov was arrested Monday morning on domestic violence charges and has been suspended indefinitely from the Los Angeles Kings pending a formal investigation by the NHL."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=735321

Looks like they're trying to avoid the giant headache the NFL had with the immediate action.

I wonder what kind of protocol they're going to put in place, like the NFL's automatic 6game suspension for first offense, then ban for second.

I hope the NHL does something much more severe, its horrendous that its such a big problem and the NFL handled it so badly I'd like the NHL to come out with a no tolerance policy for these offenses.

I also think they should be beaten in the streets by the rest of their team for being s***ty excuses for men.

Here's a more in depth write up from CBS sports:

http://cbsprt.co/1t2rox9

Innocent until proven guilty right? That's about as much as they can do before all the facts are presented unfortunately.

I wouldn't call for Voynov's head until everything is revealed - just a year ago similar situation with Varlamov happened - and you remember how it turned out.

Ummm....that is not going to happen. Not saying I agree or disagree...it's just not going to happen.

Reference Roger Goodell. Who many think STILL may lose his job. You think Bettman is going to put his job on the line for Voynov?? Not a chance. This guy won't play again until he's proven innocent. Just too much media and negative league exposure behind what happened in the NFL and Ray Rice. Domestic violence is such a sensitive issue these days and too much to lose over one player. I just traded him off my fantasy league...bye bye.

Varlamov, Voynov seems like a few players should attend some anger management courses.

If he is guilty, you are a thug and the NHL doesn't need you, might as well join the nFL, NBA who are known as thug leagues.Hockey doesn't need players like that. if innocent then well good for you

Innocent until proven guilty right? That's about as much as they can do before all the facts are presented unfortunately.

Innocent until guilty, yeah, but accusations like this are very rarely baseless.

Unfortunately.

And yeah, he's done for a while, they want to separate themselves from the catastrophe that was allowed to happen in the NFL.

There's a publicity sh** storm brewing about all this, and they're gonna try to stay ahead of it.

And rightfully so, look at how the sponsors acted with the NFL, the NHL isn't that popular or profitable, they gotta be careful.

Hope the family is okay though.

Varlamov, Voynov seems like a few players should attend some anger management courses.

If he is guilty, you are a thug and the NHL doesn't need you, might as well join the nFL, NBA who are known as thug leagues.Hockey doesn't need players like that. if innocent then well good for you

I agree, we don't need any thugs in hockey.

Yeah, NHL is super clean, they just get DUI's and are commonly known to go pretty deep into the nose candy

Wow!! Just hear what you saying, boys and girls....

Your wording kind of implies a desire to circumvent due process. Not certain you meant it that way.

No problems. Just too many ifs to my taste :)

I'm confused... Euro_Twins is one of the few NOT jumping to conclusions.

Innocent until guilty, yeah, but accusations like this are very rarely baseless.

Unfortunately.

You'd be surprised to hear how often they actually are. It's an accusation hard to defend against, and also almost impossible to get rid of the reputation even if you've proven to be innocent. It's a very effective weapon if you want to destroy your husbands/boyfriends life so I would be very cautious with any conclusion drawn from a sports writers article or any other article in any newspaper.

Disclaimer : This is not meant to trivialize domestic violence or imply that most woman who press domestic violence charges did not face domestic violence. Domestic violence is indeed a great problem and should not be taken lightly. But I'm very, very cautions if there is someone with the slightest fame involved because it targets this famous person in his/her most weak spot.

Edited by derblaueClaus

Keep in mind that I'm speaking as a woman.

Why on earth are these people (athletes) losing their jobs or getting suspended? They have been accused of crimes. They have been arrested. Charges are filed. Then they go to court.

Why are they getting suspended for SUSPICION of a crime? That's all it is until the person has his day in court. Until it is proven in court, it is an ALLEGED crime with an ALLEGED victim no matter how great the evidence.

If there is a conviction, they must face the consequences- legally, personally, and professionally. If there is jail time, they can be suspended as they will not be able to participate. In that case, their off-ice activities effect their ability to fulfill their contract and suspension makes sense. Otherwise, what they do off the ice (or field, depending on the sport) has nothing to do with their fulfilling their contract to play their game.

Suspending before the facts are in is nothing but public relations posturing and political correct nonsense.

Media attention and suspensions puts the spotlight on a family that is already dealing with issues. Is it really fair to them to aggravate what may very well be a dangerous, or at least tense, situation? It also deals a financial blow to the family. Granted, they probably make a lot of money and can afford suspensions, but in cases such as Rice, is it fair to his wife to remove her income before he goes to court? She married an NFL player with a big salary and now he's unemployed.

As a female, I find it appalling that the league steps into the situation before they have any idea what is actually going on. It sends the message that women can't take care of themselves. Let the family sort things out on their own. Let them get counseling for whatever issues led to the dispute. Let them have their lawyer get them through the legal issues. Leave them alone to sort through the aftermath. Adding the drama of the league stepping in only adds to the problems of the family, not just the player.

I'm not saying the domestic violence should be condoned or that the league should look the other way. I'm just saying that they should stay out of things until the accusations are sorted through and they have facts to deal with. Then they can enforce their rules knowing that they are doing the right thing.

I just feel bad for the wives and children. They have enough to deal with without all the rest of the world stepping in and trying to punish their man in the name of political correctness to assuage the talking heads in the media in addition to the legal and personal issues that they are already facing.

You'd be surprised to hear how often they actually are. It's an accusation hard to defend against, and also almost impossible to get rid of the reputation even if you've proven to be innocent. It's a very effective weapon if you want to destroy your husbands/boyfriends life so I would be very cautious with any conclusion drawn from a sports writers article or any other article in any newspaper.

Disclaimer : This is not meant to trivialize domestic violence or imply that most woman who press domestic violence charges did not face domestic violence. Domestic violence is indeed a great problem and should not be taken lightly. But I'm very, very cautions if there is someone with the slightest fame involved because it targets this famous person in his/her most weak spot.

I know you're not making light of or trying to justify any form of domestic violence dude.

Ha.

You're good.

But I know what you're saying, some women lie about it to go at the throat, but in the cases I've been exposed to, more times than not there is some form of truth to the claims.

I'm confused... Euro_Twins is one of the few NOT jumping to conclusions.

It was NOT a conclusion that surprised me.

English isn't my first language, I might have easily misinterpreted what Euro_Twins wrote (if I have, my appologies):

it sounds like 'it's a shame one is innocent until proven guilty'.

I know you're not making light of or trying to justify any form of domestic violence dude.

Ha.

You're good.

Let's just say I've seen several Internet discussions go a very ugly way down, so I better make sure I'm understood. It was not specifically aimed at you. ;)

Let's just say I've seen several Internet discussions go a very ugly way down, so I better make sure I'm understood. It was not specifically aimed at you. ;)

Ha

This is one of those topics where the conversations usually only go downhill.

Like religion, or abortion.

If the allegations are true, then I hope the family is okay, if they're not, there will be no vindication for voynov.

So its lose lose either way.