• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Franzen to 7-day IR

Rate this topic

Guest Praying Mantha

I'm getting the feeling that the Wings are circumventing the roster limit rules with phantom injuries.

...and sucks.

Look at it this way. You're getting Datsyuk back. You get to mix some lines up. Maybe Weiss gets in.

It's a shame that Franzen is hurt when he's been off to such a good start, but it happens. We know it happens. With this team it ALWAYS happens.

I'm getting the feeling that the Wings are circumventing the roster limit rules with phantom injuries.

Nah, they would have Cleary or Weiss go on IR. Franzen is needed, we can't have him out for no reason when we struggle to score goals as it is.

Surprise, surprise.

Two of our top four forwards are out with injuries. Who could have predicted this?

Who could have predicted your post? Predictable. :lol:

Anyway, Datsyuk plays tomorrow. So really only one of out top four is out with an injury.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest Praying Mantha

I don't get it. This guy is made out of glass man. I was sure he was going to be able to go tomorrow. Hopefully Datsyuk is ready to play.

Helm, Franzen, and Ericsson are the Glass Joe's of the Wings.

Guest Praying Mantha

Classic.

Hope Weiss gets a shot. Cleary can continue to serve hot dogs at the snack bar as far as I'm concerned.

Ha. I don't think he has any fans left. Even his kids want Nesty in there.

I think after last years debacle, the Wings are being cautious here, and rightfully so, especially with Franzen off to such a good start.

Also, it delays the inevitable roster crunch decision for a little while longer - gives Nestrasil a few more games to hopefully impress. IMO they need to waive Cleary and send him down to GR rather than the easy way out (which would be to send Jurco back to GR)

I think after last years debacle, the Wings are being cautious here, and rightfully so, especially with Franzen off to such a good start.

Also, it delays the inevitable roster crunch decision for a little while longer - gives Nestrasil a few more games to hopefully impress. IMO they need to waive Cleary and send him down to GR rather than the easy way out (which would be to send Jurco back to GR)

Agreed about Franzen. It still would have made WAY more sense to give Cleary a contract after training camp, if he proved he deserves a roster spot. Unfortunately now he'd still eat up cap space while taking ice time away from some kid in GR if he were sent down. We know we have guys in GR who could be called up and look decent in the NHL so I'm alright with the Wings being extra careful with injuries to avoid the same situation as the last 3-4 years. At least it shows they know it's an issue.

I kind of miss Cleary. He makes things entertaining out there. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the top line while Franzen is out. The man scored 50 goals in juniors.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Always sucks to lose someone to injury, but 99% of us knew Francine would be injured this year at some point...won't be the last time, and the injury(s) will linger throughout the season. How many years in a row have we heard "if Franzen were 100%..."

...not surprised.

Weiss isn't even in.

Maybe not against MTL, probably not even against PIT. ...maybe for the Philly game?

We know he's not in, but why not rotate him in? He's had a very small sample size this season to see where he's at, and if it's a sink or swim kind of situation (which I think we all think it is for Weiss) Then you've at least gotta get him out of the kiddie pool and throw him in the deep end.