• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/23 GDT : Penguins 3 at Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

Crosby was pretty much invisible, Wings stuck with it and got it done. Most enjoyable heart-attack I've endured in some time.

It's why we watch hockey! Love these Wings! :wub:

I would love to see his stats against the wings compared to other teams he plays. It seems like he always gets shut down or isn't his normal dominating self when playing the wings. I love it!! You know he was pissed! It may just be my rose colored glasses on but I feel the wings are one of his teams that he just hates to play.

Very unimpressed at first, pleasantly surprised by the finish! I thought Hank really led the troops after Crosby took that penalty on him, really fired him up. Great character this team has. Let's keep it going! LGW

I would love to see his stats against the wings compared to other teams he plays. It seems like he always gets shut down or isn't his normal dominating self when playing the wings. I love it!! You know he was pissed! It may just be my rose colored glasses on but I feel the wings are one of his teams that he just hates to play.

your wish Hillbilly 4G 4A 8 points all together vs Wings

I was out of town and away from a TV last night. I checked my phone quickly in the 3rd period and saw the Wings were down 3-1 with like 4 to play. I must confess, I put my phone away thinking they had lost.

WOO HOO!!

Crosby was pretty much invisible, Wings stuck with it and got it done. Most enjoyable heart-attack I've endured in some time.

It's why we watch hockey! Love these Wings! :wub:

Miller, disney.com and Anderson have been fantastic. We have a fourth line that can shut down top opposition. Frees up our top lines to produce more scoring. Hank gets to let lose because we have a great 4th line. It's wonderful to see.

Miller, disney.com and Anderson have been fantastic. We have a fourth line that can shut down top opposition. Frees up our top lines to produce more scoring. Hank gets to let lose because we have a great 4th line. It's wonderful to see.

It does? When? They haven't been producing s***.

I actually fell asleep during the second period when we were down 3-1. Woke up halfway through the third and we were still down, fell asleep again and woke up just in time to see us win in overtime. I thought it was a dream and didn't believe we actually won till I checked it this morning.

Well, Z certainly has and Franzen before he got hurt. But yeah, not so much from everyone else yet. Tatar hasn't played poorly so far, though I am a little disappointed he has just one goal.

Dats is playing well enough. And getting some points too.

Well, Z certainly has and Franzen before he got hurt. But yeah, not so much from everyone else yet. Tatar hasn't played poorly so far, though I am a little disappointed he has just one goal.

Z and Franzen are first rate players. They produced when we had a horrible fourth line. I see no reason to believe that the new fourth line is somehow "freeing them up to produce more scoring".

Z was over a point a game last year with a terrible fourth line, and Franzen kept his normal pace last year as well. That they're doing the same this year seems to suggest that their scoring pace will not change much regardless of the content of the fourth line.

I'm not arguing that these guys are playing well. I'm arguing that they're not playing any better as a result of our fourth line's play.

That said, it was a bit of hyperbole to say they're "not producing s***". The team as a whole isn't producing (in part because our fourth line is playing so much). Nevertheless, our regulars are playing like they regularly do.

Edited by kipwinger

I think Tatar looked terrible last night. Aside from turnovers he was pretty much invisible. That wasn't the case in the games before that but his and Helms goal drought are one big reason the Wings have so few goals for. Maybe I expect to much from Tatar, but he has to get better this season than he his now.

Who looked great last night however was Kindl. Aside from his neutral zone gaffe (which he impressively made up for with his defensive play afterwards) he made a good impression out there. Especially that long pass on Miller during the 2nd (?) was very impressive. More of that please.

I think Tatar looked terrible last night. Aside from turnovers he was pretty much invisible. That wasn't the case in the games before that but his and Helms goal drought are one big reason the Wings have so few goals for. Maybe I expect to much from Tatar, but he has to get better this season than he his now.

Who looked great last night however was Kindl. Aside from his neutral zone gaffe (which he impressively made up for with his defensive play afterwards) he made a good impression out there. Especially that long pass on Miller during the 2nd (?) was very impressive. More of that please.

Agreed.

Then hopefully the Wings will be able to trade him.

He's looked decent but he's a $2.4 million defenseman playing under 15 minutes a night. I'd much rather see XO in that spot.

Also in 13 playoff games Crosby has 3G 6A against us

How much of that is Lidstrom, plus a young Crosby and a prime Zetterberg/Datsyuk?

And the team is having a great start despite playing some tough teams this month. Are we not allowed to be excited?

Oh yeah, you're one of those who have been predicting doom and gloom. Sorry your predictions have been completely wrong thus far. But not really.

I for one predicted we'd be undefeated at this stage in the season, so I'm very disappointed with the team's level of play.

wow. just watched the game !! i was so frustrated and annoyed up until the last five minutes when captain Z stepped up and scored the beauty. Wow. Z's goal was the type only a captain, a game winner and a goal scorer do. Such determination. Wonderful to see. And then he added two more assists and the wings win it in overtime.

three stars selection was crazy not to include zetterberg. my three stars: #1 Z and #2-3 kron/abdel

One thing that I HATE about this team is how they are unable to enter the zone in powerplay. WTF? we saw it last year in the playoffs against boston and the exact same problem is still hurting this team. Wings is one of the worst teams in the league in PP.... Come on! At least dats is back now. He will only get better and better as he finds his stride and form again.

LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Z 9 points in last 4 games. ... suck on that everyone...

LGW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit2: i wish helm had a bit more of a goal scoring touch. he would be soooo dirty if he had....

Edited by hak

Babcock is a funny man :P

Babcock, on why he doesn't try Brendan Smith on power play: "I’m not getting into every detail why I play everyone and why I don’t. That’s the beauty of being the coach. You get to decide. You guys get to speculate why I don’t do things."

Sooo...no good reason then?

Just watched the game on my DVR due to a long rehearsal last evening. Great character comeback win. Hopefully the momentum continues. Sitting at 2nd in the division and tied with the other division leader. I'll take it, and things will get better once the PP starts to click.