• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
trule23

future captains?

Rate this topic

gotta say boys, Glendening is making a hell of a case to be considered one of those great role players who wear a letter based on heart and experience. He already has the heart. Once Kronwall Datsyuk and Zetterberg retire, he'll have te experience.

I'll throw him and Smith in the mix.

I really don't think Smith has any leadership potential. I see Glendening as a Dealer-type 'A.' I didn't know Dekeyser was already a captain.

I see Kronwall taking up the mantle for a year or two after Z retires until Kronwall retires. Then Nyquist.

C - Nasty

A - Larkin

A - DDK

Nasty oozes leadership. He's been a C every where he's been.

Scouts have already said Larkin is the type of player that will wear a letter in the nhl.

DDK is just a hunch cause he's a stud.

I picked Smith to swap an A with Abby because he seems to be stepping in the right direction both confidence and performance-wise, and as he's done so it seems like he's become more vocal with the team. I dunno, if we're talking the better part of a decade then I think it's possible for him to become "third" alternate material.

Didn't Datsyuk, Cheli, and Draper kind of juggle the A around for a year or two? Or am I crazy?

post-9753-0-69973600-1414163308_thumb.png

C - Nasty

A - Larkin

A - DDK

Scouts have already said Larkin is the type of player that will wear a letter in the nhl.

Wow, I'm so not hip. Is that NastyQuist or NastySil?

C - Nasty

A - Larkin

A - DDK

So you think two guys who have never played in the nhl (1 who probably won't make it) will be our captains over guys like nyquist Smith Tatar glendening etc... And dk is just a "hunch" but the other two are sure things.

Of the young guys on the current roster:

C - Nyquist (says all the right things, potential star, humble)

A - Smith (vocal, friendly)

A - Dekeyser (leads by example)

Sheahan - I don't think Sheahan will ever wear a letter due to his past mistakes (I know he cleaned up big time but still)

Tatar - a little too emotional and hot headed to wear a letter (you still need guys like this on the team)

Abby - Not an important enough piece on the team

Helm - same as abby

So you think two guys who have never played in the nhl (1 who probably won't make it) will be our captains over guys like nyquist Smith Tatar glendening etc... And dk is just a "hunch" but the other two are sure things.

Who said anything about sure things?! I sure didn't.

This thread is speculation on future captains. My guess is no better, no worse than yours, or anyone else's.

I'm looking 8-10 years down the line. Our prospects with (by far) the most leadership abilities are z-nasty and Larkin. Wether they make it to the nhl or not is another question, but both are believed to be nhl material.

For those asking about locker room presence... As fans, the only sources we really have to gauge/judge from is how players carry themselves in interviews, their on-ice play and second-hand knowledge passed on from broadcasters and the like who have opportunities to see things first hand. We really don't know what each individual is like in the locker room.

Unless there is some sort of secret underground source of information that I'm not aware of. :ninja:

Does anyone know who has the locker next to Z?

Considering Z probably has a good 4 years left in him I'm saying out next C will be chosen for the 2019-2020 season.

C: Nyquist

A: Dekeyser

A: Abby

Nyquist to me is so much like Z in the way he talks and plays the game. Z always looks like a proud dad when Nyquist scores. I feel like he is really being groomed to take over that spot.

I don't think Nastasiuk will get an A that early in his pro career. Figuring he spends two years in GR or so. Same for Larkin. He won't spend much if any time in GR, but I don't see him getting an A as soon as he joins the team.

If Abby is still around I could see him getting an A. He has improved, always stays out of trouble and like Dekeyser is a Michigan product. That last spot is wide open to me though. Could be anyone from Mantha to Smith to Abby to Glendening.

Goose or DD for the C, the other gets a A.

I could see Smith, Mantha, maybe Tatar with A's at some point (I liked how Tatar repped the wings crest on his first goal celebration, I took it as an "it's about the crest on the front, not the name on the back" moment).

I wouldn't complain if Oullette got an A at some point, since it would fit his initials perfectly. ;)

The Abs suggestion is a good one, since he's a Michigan boy, but I think he'll be a vet like Homer that leads by example of work ethic without a letter.

Edited by TheXym