• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FifeHockeyNut

Biznasty in the UK

Rate this topic

Guy will be a huge star there 21 pts in 11 games is just crazy.

How good is that league compared to the KHL; SEL, NLA ?

Nowhere near lol, probably comparable to ECHL or the Danish/Dutch leagues, little blast from the past Nathan Robibson currently plays for Nottingham he has 8 points in 12 games.

In that period where he scored those 21 points out own Drew Miller managed 30 in 23games

Edited by FifeHockeyNut

Guy will be a huge star there 21 pts in 11 games is just crazy.

How good is that league compared to the KHL; SEL, NLA ?

Unless he has the ability to bend it like Beckham, I doubt anybody from the UK is going to know he exists... minus the few members on here :P Edited by dropkickshanahans

Unless he has the ability to bend it like Beckham, I doubt anybody from the UK is going to know he exists... minus the few members on here :P

The profile of the game is on the up at the moment, but honestly no-one out with the hardcore fans that follow the NHL would any clue who he is!

I would say the level is about ECHL. Unfortunately the league will never get any better as every year the best players leave to play in Germany or elsewhere for more money. THere's also almost no effort put into developing homegrown talent which really bugs me, its just easier to import Canadians with British parents or grandparents.

I would say the level is about ECHL. Unfortunately the league will never get any better as every year the best players leave to play in Germany or elsewhere for more money. THere's also almost no effort put into developing homegrown talent which really bugs me, its just easier to import Canadians with British parents or grandparents.

I agree with you, the youth development could be so much better, following the Scottish teams more closely that the other teams I have to say that they at least try to develop local players with varying results and standards.

The profile of the game is on the up at the moment, but honestly no-one out with the hardcore fans that follow the NHL would any clue who he is!

Ironically enough the only UK soccer players I know are Beckham, John Terry, Lampard, Michel Owen, Paul Gascoigne and Roy Keane *g*

The Coyotes aren't winning anything this year hwy not sign him on a cheap contract ? The guy is tough, seems to be a good mentor and will take care of their younger players.

Ironically enough the only UK soccer players I know are Beckham, John Terry, Lampard, Michel Owen, Paul Gascoigne and Roy Keane *g*

The Coyotes aren't winning anything this year hwy not sign him on a cheap contract ? The guy is tough, seems to be a good mentor and will take care of their younger players.

I grew up idolising Michael Owen! Biz has just signed with Portland so he might well end up back the Yotes that's certainly the reason he gave to Cardiff management.

I grew up idolising Michael Owen! Biz has just signed with Portland so he might well end up back the Yotes that's certainly the reason he gave to Cardiff management.

What a great player always enjoyed watching him. Back then soccer was much better and England had a ton of English stars playing for and in England. I really liked ManU (Sheringham, Beckham and Cantona, Keane ) and Newcastle (Shearer, Owen).

have Biz would have loved seeing him on the Wings

What a great player always enjoyed watching him. Back then soccer was much better and England had a ton of English stars playing for and in England. I really liked ManU (Sheringham, Beckham and Cantona, Keane ) and Newcastle (Shearer, Owen). have Biz would have loved seeing him on the Wings

I follow Liverpool so Owen was the first star that I saw make his debut and followed his career closely. I agree the game was better about 5-10 years ago, although being Scottish I'm not too bothered about the lack of English stars lol!

Biz is a good character guy, imagine he's a good team mate but let's be honest he would never get a game for the wings.

Edited by FifeHockeyNut