• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/25 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Flyers 4

Rate this topic

That game was lost because the Wings allowed the Flyers to stay in the game despite being dominated.

This team has GOT to find a way to score more than two goals in a game on a consistent basis.

Score more than two goals. Score more than two goals. Score more than two goals. Score more than two goals.

Two goals is not enough to win hockey games. Every other possible complaint about this team pales in comparison. Eight games in - two goals scored or less in six. 75% of the time not scoring enough.

Also, how long is it going to take before something significantly different is implemented on the power play?

Chances are any change can't cause them to score fewer power play goals.

That game was lost because the Wings allowed the Flyers to stay in the game despite being dominated.

This team has GOT to find a way to score more than two goals in a game on a consistent basis.

Score more than two goals. Score more than two goals. Score more than two goals. Score more than two goals.

Two goals is not enough to win hockey games. Every other possible complaint about this team pales in comparison. Eight games in - two goals scored or less in six. 75% of the time not scoring enough.

Also, how long is it going to take before something significantly different is implemented on the power play?

Chances are any change can't cause them to score fewer power play goals.

Top three pk teams in the league right now have the worst pp. Maybe a coincidence. Maybe not. Either way get Smith in the pp, get nestrasil off, get helm off, get Weiss in, and get Franzen in when he's healthy again.

Mantha and Franzen would be huge additions to this team.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Mantha

Nyquist - Weiss - Franzen

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Abby - Helm - Glendening

If that lineup can't put the puck in the net then its something to do with Babcock.

If we keep having problems scoring, and mantha gets healthy and seems productive after a few games he will be here.

Or pulks.

After we waive cleary. or we make a trade/waive nestrasil, or Weiss let's us trade him(assuming we find a buyer)

I'm seriously beginning to take this personally. Six games since we moved to Jersey. Six losses when we go to the games. Unbelievable. Suck. Suck. Suck.

Make the trip to Detroit, the isle, or new York, then if they still lose, stop going.

Ha.

I'm not superstitious until it comes to hockey

Top three pk teams in the league right now have the worst pp. Maybe a coincidence. Maybe not. Either way get Smith in the pp, get nestrasil off, get helm off, get Weiss in, and get Franzen in when he's healthy again.

I agree. Franzen, obviously. Smith needs to be on the PP and would provide more value on either unit than the 4th forward. Nestrasil and Helm have no business on the PP. I'd rather have Kindl or Quincey even out there than either one of them. I agree about Weiss as well. He needs to be in the lineup and put into offensive situations.

I almost feel like they should implement some sort of rule for forwards that are expected to score or regularly put into offensive situations, etc.... like the two forwards with the longest goalless droughts are the ones that sit. I don't even care if that means Cleary plays. Right now it doesn't seem like there is much urgency among guys that I think should feel somewhat urgent, and I think the fact that it is a given that Weiss and Cleary will sit is a contributing factor to that lack of urgency. Produce like you're supposed to or you'll sit in favor of Dan F-ing Cleary.

Make the trip to Detroit, the isle, or new York, then if they still lose, stop going.

Ha.

I'm not superstitious until it comes to hockey

Last game in Det I saw we won. Seriously starting to think its me. Also, braving the neanderthal freaking Philly fans blows. That and spending endless amounts of money to see us lose.

Goose Z Franzen

Tats Dats Jurco

Abby Weiss Shehan

Miller Helm Glendening

Andy Cleary

Kronwall Big E

Smith Kindl/Lashoff

Q DD

no reason for this not happening I think there is no excuse for it

Edited by sjr2012

Really disapointing loss!

Apart from this loss we have had a better than expected start to the season so I am rapt with that. We should beat the Capitals next and we will know where we are as a team once we play the Kings.

Edited by redwing92

I thought the Wings were great. Emery stole the show and simply outplayed Gus. The Flyers made sure to finish with the few chances they had. Philly may have taken the points tonight, but it's clear that their team looks quite fraudulent. They were nothing but fortunate opportunists tonight. I just hope the Wings can sustain the type of efforts they put forth this far throughout the entire season. They look a lot better than last season in my opinion. It's a shame they've had a bushel full of demoralizing losses so early though courtesy of poor officiating and cheap timely fortunate by other teams.

Well another pathetic 2 goal showing. Our PP is quickly turning from annoyance to big problem.

On a different note. If Datsyuk's goal was waived off in Montreal, why wasn't Philly's 3rd today? Both contacts to the goalie were totally irrelevant to the goal actually happening, but since that didn't seem to matter for Datsyuk's I don't understand the difference. His foot looked like it was in the crease and contact was made before the puck trickled over. And no one jump down my throat and say I'm making excuses for the loss please. I think our lack of a PP was the cause of this loss.

Edit: and while I like DD I really think he should be replaced on the PP. His random, way too high wristers are doing nothing for us.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

This team has no finish, to much working from the outside. The wingers are too soft and are probably playing "not to lose a job".... you know how that goes. Its a shame how much potential the skeleton of this team has, and its being used to maintain some essentially meaningless playoff streak. The nhl is really evolving into an every game is the same league. Kind of boring.

sjr2012, I mostly agree with your lineup. The top two lines is exactly what I've been saying for a while now. However I would switch Helm and Abdelkader because I think Abby makes a great 4th liner. He leads the team in checking by a wide margin every single year. That's exactly the type of player you want down on your 4th line. And like I've stated before, Abby and Glendening seem to have some chemistry together, he has gotten the primary assist on Glendening's only two NHL regular season goals, while playing limited time together. I also wouldn't take Glendening out of the center slot, he has been absolutely phenomenal in the faceoff department, by far our best faceoff man.

On the back end, I'd keep the top pair the same but I'd rather go with the DeKeyser - Smith pairing, they seem to compliment each other very well, and were arguably our best pair when they were together. Then I'd have Quincey paired with Kindl for the time being, but hopefully that would turn into a Quincey - Ouellet pairing very soon. I think that could be a great third pairing.

Just finished rewatching the game and some things to note:

- the PP is still atrocious call up XO and see how it goes

- clear the damn crease we didn't do it against the Habs and it cost us, we didn't do it against the Flyers and it (again) cost us. There is a reason why other teams are pushing, crosschecking other players out of there ..if the goalie can't see the puck he can't make the save !

Goose needs to find a way to react the tighter defense and adjusted systems when he is on the ice, everyone knew opponents would make an effort to figure out how to defend against Goose, Tatar ..now it's their turn to react.

It's also very obvious that we can't count on the veterans to bail us out in every game anymore, so a more balanced pressure point on the shoulders of more players would be nice.

Just finished rewatching the game and some things to note:

- the PP is still atrocious call up XO and see how it goes

- clear the damn crease we didn't do it against the Habs and it cost us, we didn't do it against the Flyers and it (again) cost us. There is a reason why other teams are pushing, crosschecking other players out of there ..if the goalie can't see the puck he can't make the save !

Goose needs to find a way to react the tighter defense and adjusted systems when he is on the ice, everyone knew opponents would make an effort to figure out how to defend against Goose, Tatar ..now it's their turn to react.

It's also very obvious that we can't count on the veterans to bail us out in every game anymore, so a more balanced pressure point on the shoulders of more players would be nice.

It's not the vets we can't count on its the d. The vets are scoring most of the goals and the crucial ones at that (when you only score two a game I guess every goal is crucial ) every time we tie or get a lead the d or the kid line seems to make some ridiculous play and screw it up.

Flyers only had 3 good scoring chances and they all went in. That's how it goes sometimes. That PP goal is almost impossible to defend, that's a pretty lucky goal. The other two were errors that can be fixed. That being said, the flyers scoring chances were a lot better then ours even though we were out shooting them so badly. If we got that game to 2-0 it's an easy win. The defense is no threat to score or make plays. I've heard of teams having a defensive minded gameplan but their D is still able to get shots toward the net. It's ridiculous and unacceptable for a defensemen, even if you are a shutdown guy, to not be able to put pucks on net or make passes on the rush. Ericsson is the worst. If his saviour kronwall isn't open then the play is dead whenever he touches the puck

It's not the vets we can't count on its the d. The vets are scoring most of the goals and the crucial ones at that (when you only score two a game I guess every goal is crucial ) every time we tie or get a lead the d or the kid line seems to make some ridiculous play and screw it up.

We knew that the defense would be a problem from the start, so nothing new for me. But I didn't expect Ericsson to have such a bad start, so come me a bit surprised. Same goes for the powerplay

The good thing is that Z is starting to play better every game. But that Philadelphia loss was because of the shop called powerplay and not clearing the crease.

Plus I don't want to rush Mantha let him develop in the ahl even is this team needs a scorer badly

We knew that the defense would be a problem from the start, so nothing new for me. But I didn't expect Ericsson to have such a bad start, so come me a bit surprised. Same goes for the powerplay The good thing is that Z is starting to play better every game. But that Philadelphia loss was because of the shop called powerplay and not clearing the crease. Plus I don't want to rush Mantha let him develop in the ahl even is this team needs a scorer badly

I was a little worried when before the season Ericsson mentioned his finger didn't feel 100% and it kept him from working out fully. It's definitely been reflected in his play so far.