• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nyquistfan14

Weiss sent down to GR- conditioning assignment

Rate this topic

Well no matter what people think of enforcer but McGrattan is more than just an enforcer, he is a decent tough as nails fourth liner who can play a little hockey too so the ideal prototype of a fourth line guy.

There are only a handful of othe players willing to drop the gloves against Big Ern and you know what you get with him, an honest effort every shift, I would do this trade 10 out of 10 times

Edited by frankgrimes

Well no matter what people think of enforcer but McGrattan is more than just an enforcer, he is a decent tough as nails fourth liner who can play a little hockey too so the ideal prototype of a fourth line guy.

There are only a handful of othe players willing to drop the gloves against Big Ern and you know what you get with him, an honest effort every shift, I would do this trade 10 out of 10 times

And by a little hockey you mean he basically can't play hockey

And by a little hockey you mean he basically can't play hockey

Statistically, Weiss can't play hockey anymore either. He got more icetime, on a better team, with better linemates, and still looked worse than McGrattan. A cheap enforcer was more effective than Kenny's big offseason move.

Undisputed heavyweight champion last year, great caphit loves the role of the bodyguard and chips in with a few points here and there ? Whats not to like ?

His 8 points in 76 games. This comparison is pointless. One is a 4th line enforcer who just happens to skate around with a stick as a formality, not because anyone expects him to score with it. The other played way, way less games and was injured doing it. I'm obviously not happy with Weiss and his signing either, but hindsight always makes things so clear. If anyone says they predicted his sports hernia surgery and several setbacks I think they're lying. But anyway I really wonder what they'll do. I hope he gets healthy but man this is getting ridiculous. Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

His 8 points in 76 games. This comparison is pointless. One is a 4th line enforcer who just happens to skate around with a stick as a formality, not because anyone expects him to score with it. The other played way, way less games and was injured doing it. I'm obviously not happy with Weiss and his signing either, but hindsight always makes things so clear. If anyone says they predicted his sports hernia surgery and several setbacks I think they're lying. But anyway I really wonder what they'll do. I hope he gets healthy but man this is getting ridiculous.

I think nobody could have predicted that that being said I didn't like the signing from the getgo. I was concerned about the time Weiss missed and also wasn't sure if he would be a great fit for the Wings system.

Commodore used to put up iPads before some games in the A

I'm sure Wade Redden used to buy his teammates Rolex watches like it was going out of business when he was at Hartford.

That's good, those kids in AHL deserve some incentives/bonuses to keep them going.

What is this ultra complicated "system" that the Wings run that is so impossible for a new player to adapt to?

It's called bingo board hockey, as referenced by Babcock himself. You let the balls pick the lines the system you play, and who is on the power play that night.

Wonder if we could get Brunner back ?

I would love if we did this. So if Weiss was to retire, is Mikey Ilitch allowed to contribute to his retirement as a "gift"? Thus allowing our old pal Damien to come back to play with hank. Then Dats can play with Goose & Tatar :)

Its going to be a while till weiss gets another decent shot in the line up call this year a bust again...

Ya it's pretty insane that we have to call this season a write off for Weiss. I mean I literally believed it could not get worse than last season for him but wow this guy just ceases to amaze

also it's been mentioned already many times around here but #90 is cursed like all hell on this team. for the love of god change your ******* number Weiss

I guess I didn't realize that a groin injury could be the type of career-ender like a disc problem in your back or a severely arthritic knee (a la Pavel Bure; Bobby Orr). Nobody was more prone to groin injuries than Marian Gaborik, and yet that guy continues to play in his mid-30's and was a pretty big contributor for LA last year.

So as obvious as it was in retrospect that Weiss was damaged goods and that the writing was on the wall, I'm not sure I can flame the front office to quite THAT degree based on this type of injury. What's really unfortunate for Weiss is that he literally did nothing prior to getting hurt. Even a 20-game stretch with a bunch of assists might have shown Wings fans that there was some upside here, and kept him out of Uwe Krupp's pariah-land.

I would love if we did this. So if Weiss was to retire, is Mikey Ilitch allowed to contribute to his retirement as a "gift"? Thus allowing our old pal Damien to come back to play with hank. Then Dats can play with Goose & Tatar :)

Brunner re-signed with the Devils.

I would love to have him back, for a great caphit of course he and Z had unreal chemistry.

Kenny shouldn't let little things like current contracts stop him from signing people. Come on, man, he's supposed to be the best!

The Devils might be willing to trade forward for forward... and Lamoriello seems to prefer guys over age 30 on his forward corps.

Only 5 of 13 forwards are under 30. 3 of those 5 are nearing 30 -- including Brunner -- and no one on the active roster was born before 1990.

Danny Cleary! Pack your bags!! You and your walker are headed to th' ROCK!