• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cnot19

General discussion for tonight's games

Rate this topic

Flyers won again. Emery looks pretty solid in net. Questionable goal though in OT, looks like Quick was pushed in the net.

He was.

I wonder if he'll get fined or anything for his post game comments but I'm with Quick. It's another instance where the league has no standard regarding goals like that. Sometimes you can shove a goalie into the net and it counts. Sometimes it's waived off.

The ref on the ice immediately waived it off but Toronto overturned it.

Buffalo, the team, scored 11 goals in 10 games so far this season. Pittsburgh scored 7 goals in the second half of it's game last night.

Who is Buffalo's Crosby, Malkin, Ehrhoff, Letang ... ? I think for the Sabers the whole season is about one thing: Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel and Noah Hannifin

if the stars align in the right order Buffalo might be able to get two of those three. If I were Murray I'd be trying hard to get Carolinas first rounder this year.

Edited by frankgrimes

He was.

I wonder if he'll get fined or anything for his post game comments but I'm with Quick. It's another instance where the league has no standard regarding goals like that. Sometimes you can shove a goalie into the net and it counts. Sometimes it's waived off.

The ref on the ice immediately waived it off but Toronto overturned it.

Wait, I thought interference was non-reviewable? What was the call on the ice, interference or something reviewable?

Not sure if this belongs in its own thread: In 8 games this season Jarnkrok has put up 0 points. He was made a healthy scratch tonight in favour of Cullen.

franzen is lazy and he sucks... wrong thread?

seriously though, that's surprising. Maybe we didn't actually lose the next gretzky

11/8 Vancouver vs LA

16 minutes left in the 3rd and las up 5-0.

On a breakaway Jeff carter absolutely snipes out the top corner, beautifullllll shot.

What was he trades for again?

Jack Johnson and a 1st round pick in the 2013 draft (used on Marko Dano).

For a team that struggled to score, counterintuitively getting rid of their offensive defenseman made LA a better team. Not just for bringing in Carter. Somehow subtracting Jack Johnson helped the blueline. That's not a knock on him. He's a good defenseman but made jaw droppingly bad decisions at times for the Kings. Seems like he's gotten it together more in Columbus.

And the Kings got a heck of sniper in Carter, who is also a great two-way player.

Jack Johnson and a 1st round pick in the 2013 draft (used on Marko Dano).

For a team that struggled to score, counterintuitively getting rid of their offensive defenseman made LA a better team. Not just for bringing in Carter. Somehow subtracting Jack Johnson helped the blueline. That's not a knock on him. He's a good defenseman but made jaw droppingly bad decisions at times for the Kings. Seems like he's gotten it together more in Columbus.

And the Kings got a heck of sniper in Carter, who is also a great two-way player.

His shot is seriously insane.

I have really high hopes for mantha, so I don't wanna say that I wish we would've offered something similar, but man, would it be sweet having him.

Not a fan of Crosby but what a show against the Sabers...5 point night ridiculous. I've watched the Preds - Blues what a great game that was, Pekka Rinne - so happy he's healthy - is an unbeatable wall when he is on his game.

I always liked Jeff Carter and Mike Richards both got unfairly critized in Philadelphia, get them away from all that attention and they shine. Also happy for Kopitar breaking his scoring slump, maybe the best european player in the game right now.

Not a fan of Crosby but what a show against the Sabers...5 point night ridiculous. I've watched the Preds - Blues what a great game that was, Pekka Rinne - so happy he's healthy - is an unbeatable wall when he is on his game.

I always liked Jeff Carter and Mike Richards both got unfairly critized in Philadelphia, get them away from all that attention and they shine. Also happy for Kopitar breaking his scoring slump, maybe the best european player in the game right now.

Its slightly baffling how Carter and Richards could be so underwhelming in Philly and then flourish the way they did when brought out to LA. And LA isn't exactly a small market, granted they gained a lot of the hype from that first cup, but still.

And I dislike Crosby as well, but his skill is undeniable, I just wish he wasn't such a b****.

Then I could deal with him being the "face of the NHL," regardless of the 09' cup.

Anze is a ridiculously awesome two way center, size, speed, good hands, good shot.

And I still wish we would've got gaborik.

Gotta remember that Carter went to #lumbus before he went to L.A. -- not direct from Philly to L.A.

Have a feeling that those moves lit a fire under his ass to say, "Hey, I'm too good to be a journeyman this early in my career."

Kopitar is awesome. As I've said, he plays a lot like Zetterberg, only if Zetterberg were Franzen's size.

That goal of his last night was even better than Carter's. He whistled it by Miller's ear.