• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cnot19

General discussion for tonight's games

Rate this topic

Good question.

My biggest criticism of Subban would be the diving, which seems to have improved over the years. But there also seems to be a culture of it on the Habs.

I suppose he must have done it, but I never put too much stock in accusations of diving because it's so entirely shaped by how games are covered. I mean, our local crews aren't going to point out instances in which we do it (I've seen Franzen, Smith, and Glendening all dive pretty good so far this year). However, when the other team does it they'll show it 10 times, and Mickey will make a big deal out of it, and we'll all have our attention brought to it. But I'm not convinced that they're doing it any more or less. It's just covered when they do it. I'm sure Montreal's local broadcasters never, ever, show them diving on the home broadcast...and yet we all see it. Same is probably true for us. Though I wouldn't know, because nobody would mention it. Or when they do (Like Edzo with his "subtle interference") we all act like it's sour grapes (though it probably isn't).

This question has been asked numerous times before, and I for one am still waiting for a well thought out answer that doesn't involve cryptically referencing his "attitude."

Literally every single time I've ever heard the guy talk about hockey he's been humble and incredibly gracious. Including his handling of the racial slurs lobbed at him by some Boston fans during last year's playoffs, or Shawn Thornton spraying him with water from the bench. At no point have I ever seen him be "pissy". Even when he should have been. Then again, there's no reason to be "pissy" when you're really good and winning games over your rivals.

Good question.

My biggest criticism of Subban would be the diving, which seems to have improved over the years. But there also seems to be a culture of it on the Habs.

Cocky attitude (this isn't the NBA, NFL or soccer!), diver - which seems to plague a lot of habs - for whatever reason.

I don't like Lucic and his attitude either but the guy is one of the last true power forwards in the game and when he is on and seeing red extremely fun to watch. Like Degraa mentioned he would look extremely good on Pashas wing. That being said he needs to get his emotions in check that's for sure.

Edited by frankgrimes

Cocky attitude (this isn't the NBA, NFL or soccer!), diver - which seems to plague a lot of habs - for whatever reason.

I don't like Lucic and his attitude either but the guy is one of the last true power forwards in the game and when he is on and seeing red extremely fun to watch. Like Degraa mentioned he would look extremely good on Pashas wing. That being said he needs to get his emotions in check that's for sure.

The question was, "What has he done to make you think he's pissy". And your answer is, "he's cocky"?

And around and around we go.

And here we have it. Again. What is this nebulous "attitude" that he has? "Cocky?" Tatar is "cocky," and everyone seems to like him. I've NEVER seen Subban be anything other than humble and gracious off the ice, even when he shouldn't have been and would have been perfectly justified BEING AN A-HOLE. I also think the NBA/NFL comment is telling, and I've called it out in the past. Not gonna bother anymore, because this isn't the place. But I think some people need to take a step back and consider that some of their opinions may be based on "problematic" views.

And here we have it. Again. What is this nebulous "attitude" that he has? "Cocky?" Tatar is "cocky," and everyone seems to like him. I've NEVER seen Subban be anything other than humble and gracious off the ice, even when he shouldn't have been and would have been perfectly justified BEING AN A-HOLE. I also think the NBA/NFL comment is telling, and I've called it out in the past. Not gonna bother anymore, because this isn't the place. But I think some people need to take a step back and consider that some of their opinions may be based on "problematic" views.

I agree. But honestly, who can take you seriously with a sig. line like that? You're a disgrace.

Edited by kipwinger

Even when people were screaming racial slurs at him he was still humble, calm, and ridiculously understanding during everything.

Even if he is cocky, he's an awesome defenseman, he deserves to be

Cocky attitude how? What has he done that's like the NBA or NFL?

As others have pointed out he's generally very well spoken, humble, and has handled some touchy situations with surprising maturity and grace.

Meanwhile the other guy has threatened to kill a player in the handshake line and speared multiple players in the nuts. So....

Cocky attitude how? What has he done that's like the NBA or NFL?

As others have pointed out he's generally very well spoken, humble, and has handled some touchy situations with surprising maturity and grace.

Meanwhile the other guy has threatened to kill a player in the handshake line and speared multiple players in the nuts. So....

Right. But he's pissy.

I agree. But honetly, who can take you seriously with a sig. line like that? You're a disgrace.

I would think my love of cool ass motherf***ers in sunglass holding banana hammocks would make me *ideally* qualified to weigh in on this subject, thank you very much.

So would 30-40 other players from around the league, and without being a total D-bag at the same time.

Guest DeGraa55

I didn't like the fact he was cheap shorting and sucker punching guys in a regular basis.

For extreme examples go back and watch the sens and Mtl series from a couple years ago.

Like I said I wouldn't mind having either player on my team. But they BOTH have done a lot of things I don't agree with.

I didn't like the fact he was cheap shorting and sucker punching guys in a regular basis.

For extreme examples go back and watch the sens and Mtl series from a couple years ago.

Like I said I wouldn't mind having either player on my team. But they BOTH have done a lot of things I don't agree with.

Even if he does have a few sucker punches under his belt, that's really nothing compared to Lucic's antics.

Guest DeGraa55

Even if he does have a few sucker punches under his belt, that's really nothing compared to Lucic's antics.

Not did I say it is. But if asked have they both done cheap shots? The answer is yes. Can they both be classified as rats? The answer is yes.

It's no debate IMO who is worse(lucic) but were not having that debate....

Can they both be classified as rats? The answer is yes.

And I think that's where your opinion differs from a lot of the folks here. Because I for one see NO justification for calling Subban a "rat." Frustrating to play against? Embellishes occasionally like every other swinging dick on the Habs? Knows he's a good d man and plays like he knows he's a good d man? Sure. I fail to see how any of those things makes him a "rat."

Not did I say it is. But if asked have they both done cheap shots? The answer is yes. Can they both be classified as rats? The answer is yes.

It's no debate IMO who is worse(lucic) but were not having that debate....

Subban a rat? now I've lost all hope.

Guy's a classy Norris winner IMO. Yes, CLASSY

Subban is not a rat. He has had his moments where he threw a hissy fit and in the past I have spoke out against him, but he really seems to have matured quite a bit, and he is very humble. They way a few people talk about him, they act like he is Chris pronger. He's a great dman, and he isn't dirty, Ya he dives sometimes, but so does Abby and a few other wings. That's life I guess.

Guest DeGraa55

Lol yes nothing but class

Big hit maybe elbow then turtles cause he is classy

Extremely classy to punch someone thirty seconds after the refs are in between the two of you.

Here is where he goes full blown thug. Nothing wrong with the fight but people that actually have some respect(most NHLers) stop when the other guy is down. But not subban cause he is just so classy.

It's ok if the forward is beating you. Just stay classy and use your foot to take him out.

There's more but now I'm distracted by watching stuff on youtube. So thanks LOL!

Side note: it's great when clicking on videos just labelled like "dirtiest hits or plays" etx etx and just seeing how many Boston pittsburgh players are in there.

Subban is not a rat. He has had his moments where he threw a hissy fit and in the past I have spoke out against him, but he really seems to have matured quite a bit, and he is very humble. They way a few people talk about him, they act like he is Chris pronger. He's a great dman, and he isn't dirty, Ya he dives sometimes, but so does Abby and a few other wings. That's life I guess.

I don't see where anyone compared him to pronged.

How is it you people see the comment "subban is not no angel either". And you people see that as comparing him to pronger?

He isn't in the same class as Cooke lucic or Marchand but he for god damn sure isn't in the same class as dat z or lids...which means he isn't classy.

Please for the love of god would all you stop imagining things and adding s*** that isn't there? Bunch of trolls...

Edited by DeGraa55

Extremely classy to punch someone thirty seconds after the refs are in between the two of you.

Here is where he goes full blown thug. Nothing wrong with the fight but people that actually have some respect(most NHLers) stop when the other guy is down. But not subban cause he is just so classy.

It's ok if the forward is beating you. Just stay classy and use your foot to take him out.

There's more but now I'm distracted by watching stuff on youtube. So thanks LOL!

Side note: it's great when clicking on videos just labelled like "dirtiest hits or plays" etx etx and just seeing how many Boston pittsburgh players are in there.

How is it you people see the comment "subban is not no angel either". And you people see that as comparing him to pronger?

He isn't in the same class as Cooke lucic or Marchand but he for god damn sure isn't in the same class as dat z or lids...which means he isn't classy.

Please for the love of god would all you stop imagining things and adding s*** that isn't there? Bunch of trolls...

What do you mean, you people?

Ha

I was trying to be sarcastic. Guess I failed.

Harold asked for an answer and I replied to him.

Don't like my answer, don't read it it's very simple. Please leave it up to myself (I can think alone thanks), to judge whats problematic and what not...just a hint a lot of stuff post 2005 is problematic in the NHL.

Harold asked for an answer and I replied to him.

Don't like my answer, don't read it it's very simple. Please leave it up to myself (I can think alone thanks), to judge whats problematic and what not...just a hint a lot of stuff post 2005 is problematic in the NHL.

So we can't discuss the merits of your answer now if we don't like it? I thought that's what this forum was for? I hate the don't like it don't read it argument. I read every post on the forum, how am I supposed to know what I agree with before reading it? Similarly then, pm people if you don't want people to refute your arguments Edited by Euro_Twins