• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wheelchairsuperhero

10/29 GDT - Red Wings 4 @ Capitals 2

Rate this topic

Franzen is not worth his cap....speaking of his cap, with the way Nyquist is playing last year and so far this year, he is going to command a bigger cap hit than Franzen...then what do we do? I think Holland has to pay him. Smith is steadily improving as well and he is an RFA. He will command at least Q money. Things are going to get interesting!

smith and gus will get it

Sorry Brant, for some reason I cannot "quote" a post and it slipped my mind who wrote that. From now on you will be known as THE User! :lol: Just kidding!

SJR I agree! Smith and Gus will, but man that is going to make things tight! We got a few more kids out of options as well...another reason I sure wish they only gave Q one year and if they can somehow dump K's salary I will feel a little less uneasy.

Edited by LeftWinger

Major takeaways.

Abby looks pretty good.

Smith should be playing the point on the PP.

Wings still need a RH shooting Dman.

Kindl Qiincey or Ericsson will not be on this team come playoff time

kindl q I agree not ericsson id love this.....

kronwall Smith

dd big E

oullete marchenko

Sorry Brant, for some reason I cannot "quote" a post and it slipped my mind who wrote that. From now on you will be known as THE User! :lol: Just kidding!

SJR I agree! Smith and Gus will, but man that is going to make things tight! We got a few more kids out of options as well...another reason I sure wish they only gave Q one year and if they can somehow dump K's salary I will feel a little less uneasy.

lol no problem, I think if Quincey plays like he has so far for the rest of the season (not amazing but better than expected) it wouldn't be too hard to trade him with 1 year left to a team in a rebuild as a stop gap type player

He was on the post game with Pierre and he asked how to say his name, and he's like "I didn't know who he was, but we sure all will soon won't we? He was flying all over the ice."

Ah yes he is a great player, as was his dad back in the day.

Just watched a recording of the game. My thoughts:

1. Howard was real good again especially the first half of the game. Him and Hank have been the best Wings this month.

2. The recognition of the Wings PK on the stretch pass from the goalie was pretty poor. Washington just missed on it before there first goal and then used it to score 30 seconds later. Then almost had the same thing happen on Dats penalty.

3. Tatar and Jurco have been the biggest disappointments this month. Both seem to be in the sophomore slump. When Franzen comes back the best move might be to send Jurco down. Hes invisible every shift it seems.

4. Smith again showing strong.

5. That phantom goalie interference might be one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

6. Watching Glendening make Ovie throw a tantrum at the end of the game was great.

7. The PP needs to get fixed. An extra goal every night or two from the PP will be the difference from top 3 and top 6 in conference.

8. Entertaining game of hockey.

Speaking of when Franzen comes back, if you ask me, I think we all can agree that Cleary is the one that should be waived instead of Nesty or Jurco being sent down...Now in that scenario I would welcome Franzen back with open arms! :lol:

Well Jurco hasnt been that much more effective than Cleary lol

Yes, I hope he sucks too. Maybe it will really hurt the team and then we can all complain and complain.

Now you're getting the hang of LGW! Congrats! Here's your badge, now get to calculating those Bad Pass Goals !

Edit: P.S. Franzen is lazy and he sucks

P.P.S. butt pats

P.P.P.S. I <3 alcohol

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

I see people are still up in arms about keeping track of someone's giveaways....

I suppose that doesn't count as a takeaway that led to a goal either, hey?

Or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKGYE1nKNY

Or this?

Yeah I get it. One of them makes a Red Wings look great (which is fine) and one of them make a Red Wing look like a pee wee (which, even though it's widely known that he sucks at stick-handling, mentioning it is frowned upon...)

Edited by roboturner

Now you're getting the hang of LGW! Congrats! Here's your badge, now get to calculating those Bad Pass Goals !

Edit: P.S. Franzen is lazy and he sucks

P.P.S. butt pats

P.P.P.S. I <3 alcohol

you forgot howard is terrible and can't play hockey, too many bad giveaway in front of the net leading to a nice play to score a nice goal against

The team is just a joy to watch this year win or lose. They compete to the final whistle, every night. It's a combo of removing dead weight from last year, sticking with the kids, and having our stars healthy. May not win the Cup, but it's gonna be a fun season.

Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker coming out of the shadows. Strangely enough my first post is to ask if someone can explain what exactly Luke Glendening does to agitate so well? Does he seem to chirp a lot or is it because he's like white on rice against other teams stars? Usually I would just watch the guy but my crazy schedule this year so far has me listening to most of the games on radio and then catching the highlights. Oh yeah and following the GDT helps a lot too. Thanks I've been wondering about this.

Just watched a recording of the game. My thoughts:

4. Smith again showing strong.

5. That phantom goalie interference might be one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

6. Watching Glendening make Ovie throw a tantrum at the end of the game was great.

YES!

Glendening should have no doubters... his effort is infectious.

Smith and Abby are becoming leaders... showing grit.

Great game by Pavs as well

Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker coming out of the shadows. Strangely enough my first post is to ask if someone can explain what exactly Luke Glendening does to agitate so well? Does he seem to chirp a lot or is it because he's like white on rice against other teams stars? Usually I would just watch the guy but my crazy schedule this year so far has me listening to most of the games on radio and then catching the highlights. Oh yeah and following the GDT helps a lot too. Thanks I've been wondering about this.

Hes Maltby minus the 50 goal junior year offensive game. Always on you during the game with added chirping. Then when you want to bash his face in he frustrates you more by refusing to drop the gloves.

Welcome to lgw.

I think its because he's anti skill.

He's fast enough to drape over almost any player, and hes always in good position.

He hits, probably chirps more than the cameras show, but when you're super skilled and used to dominating everywhere, it gets frustrating having a fourth liner treat you like an amateur.

Smith and Abby are becoming leaders... showing grit.

Yes Abs is showing better offensive instincts but time will tell if this is just the stretch of games where he scores a third of his season total goals or if he really can sustain a solid offensive pace all season. I still question whether he has it in him but hopefully he does.

I am 100% surprised by Smiths improvement in the defensive game. If he can just somehow start getting some points all that early career hype might be true. As a whole the wings really need to start getting more offensive support from the backline.

I've thought about this and I gotta say I think it's the smile. Any time he does something that irritates a player he smiles at them, which is probably the tipping point to their temper tantrums. I know it'd piss me off lol.

To LeftWinger saying Franzen being back won't make a difference I have to respectfully disagree. I feel like our biggest issue right now is the number of people we have capable of finishing, and despite Franzen's inconsistencies he can really bury the puck given the chance. He may say he's not a scorer, but he has a good shot regardless.

Anyway great game. Loved seeing the boys battle through less than stellar officiating.

Yeah those reasons seem pretty infuriating.... and funny! It will be interesting to see Luke in a 7 game series really taking the opposition off their games.

I know the Eurotwins making incredible plays is nothing new but I don't think the plays they made tonight got enough love. I mean that sequence where Z knocked the pass out of the air to spring Datsyuk so he could hypnotize 4 Caps with the soccer kick/dekes then the buttery drop pass to Abs was insane! I wish I could've heard Ken and Mick call that one!

Anyone has Kronwalls hit on Chimera ? I did not see 3rd. Was on the radio.

Would also like to see the potential hit that Chimera made on Smith. I didn't know a nose could be realigned that much.

Edited by Vladiator

Anyone has Kronwalls hit on Chimera ? I did not see 3rd. Was on the radio.

Would also like to see the potential hit that Chimera made on Smith. I didn't know a nose could be realigned that much.

Was a good shoulder by Smith.