• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

11/9 GDT - Tampa Bay 4 at Detroit 3 (SO) - 6:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

So far, he's built a team that hasn't won anything and was swept in the first round last year.

Not having their #1 goalie in that series sure didn't help them much.

The Bolts have a scary amount of depth, and are building a team that will be great for a lot of years. It is a team that has as much, if not more, talent in their system as the Wings do, with the exception that their stars are still very young. Winning doesn't happen over night, and Stevie Y has done a lot of a job with that team. They will become the class of the East sooner rather than later.

I'm really jacked up for this game. The Bolts are arguably the best team in the East; the Wings can make a real statement here tonight.

The Bolts have a scary amount of depth, and are building a team that will be great for a lot of years. It is a team that has as much, if not more, talent in their system as the Wings do, with the exception that their stars are still very young. Winning doesn't happen over night, and Stevie Y has done a lot of a job with that team. They will become the class of the East sooner rather than later.

Stevie deserves mad props. He's built a scary-deep team that's only going to get better, and better, and better, and better. They're going to be a top team for a long time.

I'm really jacked up for this game. The Bolts are arguably the best team in the East; the Wings can make a real statement here tonight.

Stevie deserves mad props. He's built a scary-deep team that's only going to get better, and better, and better, and better. They're going to be a top team for a long time.

He does seem to have a really good eye for young talent.

I'm kind of shocked they have drouin on the 3rd/4th line.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Guest Playmaker

Not having their #1 goalie in that series sure didn't help them much.

Good thing the Wings were 100% healthy in the playoffs.

If the Wings don't win the Cup every year, Holland sucks and the team needs to be blown up and he needs to be fired. If Holland had signed Filppula, he'd have been an idiot, but Yzerman is a genius for signing him.

Completely rebuilding a team with low draft picks while not missing the playoffs doesn't happen easily or overnight either.

Good thing the Wings were 100% healthy in the playoffs.

If the Wings don't win the Cup every year, Holland sucks and the team needs to be blown up and he needs to be fired. If Holland had signed Filppula, he'd have been an idiot, but Yzerman is a genius for signing him.

Completely rebuilding a team with low draft picks while not missing the playoffs doesn't happen easily or overnight either.

Amen P-maker.

Ha.

We seemed to stock our talent pool up pretty effin Well considering where we were drafting, and while still making the playoffs.

Hindsight is 20/20 on the Weiss:Filppulla decision, but I still will cede my immediate wants/ rash opinions to a front office that is constantly having its cupboard raided bare, yet stays comparably full.

I mean, seriously. Bishop - one of the best goalies in the league. Hedman - one of the best defensemen in the league. Stamkos - one of the best players in the history of the game. Filppula and Callahan have been outstanding for them. Boyle was a great addition. Stralman and Garrison were great additions. Johnson and Palat are studs, and the former currently leads the team in points. Gudas is as mean and nasty and dirty as competent defensemen come. Drouin is going to be a monster. Morrow is the obligatory crusty veteran leader.

This is a team that can score seemingly at will in an era when scoring is really damn hard. And they have elite goaltending and a top D corps. And great coaching.

I want to say, "Well, why can't Kenny do that?!" But it's a different situation for them, because they have Stamkos and Hedman and Johnson and Palat and Drouin. That kind of talent deserves to have an honest chance at competing for the Cup every year. We're sort of working our way to a similar situation (or so we hope). It's a work in progress.

Edited by Dabura

Game number 3 of 10 for Dan Cleary. Games 1 and 2 he was good. I hope he can continue :) I look forward for a big hit or two by Cleary (which never seems to be talked about?)

Crazy to see Nyquist has 1 less goal than Stamkos this far into the season.

I actually posted about cleary hits at least once.

He's been a pleasant surprise, And when Deke got high stocked vs the rangers that voice in the background screaming"his did you not see it, he had the puck" was Dan cleary.

Maybe he really is that vocal leader he constantly gets tagged with.

And his last two games he's seemed shockingly quick, and stable.

Which I never would've thought I'd admit to.

I'd take cleary>Andersson, everyday.

But I do still have reservations about him being on the third line, which will be diminished if he continues to play this way.

I so have this sneaking suspicion that after ten games hell become the bumbling, stumbling plug that we've all come to expect though.

Guest DeGraa55

Did that graphic just say Calgary was third in goals for? Behind Pitt and TB? The team that only has goons???