• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Former Wings coach/GM Bryan Murray has stage 4 cancer

Rate this topic

Bryan Murray's colon cancer has apparently spread and is now end stage. Sounds like it's not so much fighting to beat it, as how much more time will he get with the treatments.

Bob McKenzie retweeted

Bryan Murray told @MichaelFarber3 cancer has spread from colon to liver and lung, no cure. Get a colonoscopy is Murray's message. #courage

Here's the piece TSN did on him.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/bryan-murray-s-ultimate-battle-1.134604

Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray has been battling colon cancer since this summer. He sat down with famed hockey writer Michael Farber and shared some of the sobering details in his [/size]first interview since being diagnosed for TSN.
The Ottawa Sun transcribed some of the interview:

"There is no cure at this point for me,” Murray said in the powerful five-minute story that aired on TSN5's pre-game show before the Senators-Oilers match last night. “The word is we'll keep doing chemo and, hopefully, reduce the tumours and the effect and I'll get some time out of that.”
A father of two, Murray said the doctors told him he may have had cancer for seven-to-10 years.
“The frustrating part — and I've said this to several doctors since then — is, ‘How come there were no signs?' ” Murray said.
“When you hear that you've had cancer for possibly up to 10 years and there were no signs ... Obviously, because of the Stage 4, it had moved through my body.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24805063/sens-gm-bryan-murray-on-cancer-there-is-no-cure-for-me-at-this-point

I'm a cancer survivor myself. I was fortunate to catch mine early, but it still took 2 surgeries and 2 years out of my life. What Murray is facing is something I can't imagine. I would've vacated my job by now if I was him. But he's a stronger man than me. Goodluck to him and his family.

Awful. f*** cancer. Seriously. It destroys so many families and just f*** cancer.

My thoughts are with him and his family. And with everyone fighting the good fight againstf****** stupid ass bulls*** cancer.

This. So much this. Couldn't phrase it better myself. f*** cancer. All the best to him and his family.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." - Dale Carnegie

Bryan Murray will live his passion until he can no longer do it. I think that he will work in the NHL up until the day he passes. I also believe in miracles and hope and pray for one of those today.

Edited by LeftWinger

I have a GREAT Bryan Murray story from when he was Coach/GM for the Wings that I have told here before. Long story short, I met him one day, had a nice conversation with him, then a few days later he saw me again and remembered me and started talking to me. It was more in depth than that sounds, but this is thread is about him, not me. He is a great person, helped assemble the team that eventually won the 97 Cup and will forever be part of Red Wings and NHL history! God Bless!