• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Malkin hit on Girardi

Rate this topic

I was actually surprised to see Girardi leave the ice at all. I figured he must have got the wind knocked out of him, but would be fine after a few minutes. Must have been a shoulder issue or something.....certainly couldn't have been a head concern, unless he hit is on the ice.

It was a clean hit from the blindside. That hit was maybe one Malkin should have eased up on out of respect for a fellow player, but it was clean. The fight after is ******* embarrassing, do we really have to have bench clearing brawls after every hard hit? This bulls*** is the driving force behind the league trying to get rid of hitting and fighting.

Clean hit - no need for the scuffle afterwards...

Anyone else looking forward when these 2 teams meet again?

Benches didn't clear - just players grabbing their opponent...

We have the luxury of watching everything in HD, and replay...Sometimes players think their teammate was run at, and will stand up for him (again with replay we can see that it was a clean hit).

Benches clearing brawl wasn't meant as a literal term. Whether we see it in HD or not doesn't matter as a lot of these line fights originate after any kind of hit- be it clean or dirty. I'm all for protecting your teammates but not after every single hit. Poor Girardi is lying on the ice by himself and instead of helping their teammate, the players are having a pissing contest in the corner.

Fighting absolutely has a place in the game but I'm sick of seeing it after every single play, it renders it meaningless.

Edited by wings87

Guest DeGraa55

I don't mind seeing it after big hits. Because just like someone said as a player you don't know if it was clean or dirty most of time. But standing up for your teammate is te right thing to do.

I actually hate it more when watching the wings and a dirty play happens and everyone just sits there with their thumb up their ass.

I don't mind seeing it after big hits. Because just like someone said as a player you don't know if it was clean or dirty most of time. But standing up for your teammate is te right thing to do.

I actually hate it more when watching the wings and a dirty play happens and everyone just sits there with their thumb up their ass.

You know if it happened after only big hits I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it but as it stands now it happens after every kind of hit.

This a 1,000 times.

This

I don't mind the scuffle at all....who cares of it's dirty or clean? You don't want your players getting drilled like that. If Crosby got lit up like that on a perfectly clean hit, if there is no response, then I can easily write that team off as having no chance of success.

I don't mind the scuffle at all....who cares of it's dirty or clean? You don't want your players getting drilled like that. If Crosby got lit up like that on a perfectly clean hit, if there is no response, then I can easily write that team off as having no chance of success.

It's hockey. People are going to get hit. And acting tough after one of your boys gets drilled isn't going to change that.

You know if it happened after only big hits I wouldn't have that much of a problem with it but as it stands now it happens after every kind of hit.

Agreed. There was a time when players accepted that hockey is a tough sport and they might have a teammate get caught with a clean hard hit. They'd just take a number and get that guy back. Or the hitting in the game overall would increase.

There were always the few star players who were protected, like Gretzky and Yzerman, but there wasn't all this fighting after clean hard hits. The point is to separate the guy from the puck and take advantage of that. By dropping the gloves immediately the team often negates that advantage. The player starting a fight after a hit like that should always get an extra 2 and maybe even a 10 minute misconduct. Especially considering it's often more of a mugging than a fight.

For as much as people complain about the league taking hitting out of the game, players fighting after clean hits tries to do the same thing. Hitting is part of the game. Take a number and play on.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the Wing's habit of standing around when one of their players has obviously been cheapshotted.

Exactly. Like a few weeks ago when Nolan ran Helm and Ericisson rag-dolled him with one hand. The other hand, of course, was busy thumbing his own ass.

Or the Washington game when Smith nailed Chimera who then ran Smith later in the game and got a chest full of Abdlekader's shoulder. Later in the game he got leveled by Kronwall.

These Wings are so soft because they lack theatrics.

This is hockey. Your guys are going to get rocked every once in a while. Get over it. Not every hit needs or should get retribution.

It's hockey. People are going to get hit. And acting tough after one of your boys gets drilled isn't going to change that.

I don't think that's the point. The point that someone is willing to stand up for you clean hit or not shows they care. Besides the fans love it.

This is hockey. Your guys are going to get rocked every once in a while. Get over it. Not every hit needs or should get retribution.

No kidding *sarcasm*