Your Official Game Day Thread

Montreal_Canadiens.jpgVS. Detroit_Red_Wings.jpg

Start time: 7:00 EST

Joe Louis Arena - Detroit, MI
3532787629_51049bdcf0.jpg

Available On:

75250-FSNDetroit180logo.jpg971theticket_200.gif

Official Game Preview:
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020262'>Red Wings look to make it two straight wings against Original 6

riples187e.png
CANADIENS
13-4-1, 27 pts
Last Game: Defeated Flyers 6-3

RED WINGS
8-3-5, 21 pts
Last Game: Defeated Blackhawks 4-1

riples187f.png

Goals
MTL Max Pacioretty: 8
DET Gustav Nyquist: 8

Assists
MTL David Desharnais: 8
DET Henrik Zetterberg: 13

Plus/Minus
MTL Max Pacioretty: +11
DET Luke Glendening, Danny DeKeyser: +5
----
MTL: Rene Bourque: -9
DET Darren Helm: -5

PIM
MTL Brandon Prust: 28
DET Jonathan Ericsson: 16

riples187g.png
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Franzen
Abdelkader-Datsyuk-Jurco
Tatar-Sheahan-Helm
Miller-Glendening-Andersson

Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-Lashoff
Smith-DeKeyser

MON.gifProjected SJ Lines
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Sekac
Beaulieu-Malhotra-Weise

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Weaver
Gonchar-Gilbert

riples187h.png

Dustin Tokarski

----
versus.
----

Jimmy Howard

riples187i.png
CANADIENS
Michael Bournival (shoulder)
----

RED WINGS
Stephen Weiss (groin), Jonas Gustavsson (shoulder)

On Deck
11/18, Red Wings at Blue Jackets, 7:00 EST

Old school style GDT today!

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Does anyone have any speculation or inside info as to why Kindl is sitting and why he was benched for the last 30mins last game?

They said he's healthy, and I don't recall seeing any glaringly terrible misplay by him, even though he did get caught by those stretch passes a few times.

I wish I watched the game so i would have a better idea of exactly how he was playing.

Football sucks.. Red Wings hockey game is billions of times better. Original Six match up, to boot... I fail to understand this situation.

You fail to understand? With all due respect, this is a FOOTBALL COUNTRY. You can put "Hockeytown" in the middle of the ice but people care more about the Lions in this town than they do hockey. And that's just the truth.

You fail to understand? With all due respect, this is a FOOTBALL COUNTRY. You can put "Hockeytown" in the middle of the ice but people care more about the Lions in this town than they do hockey. And that's just the truth.

I live in Texas. I know all about football freaks, Heaven help me, they're lunatics for football here... and pretend to know nothing of hockey. This, despite the FACT that the current Calder Cup winning team sells out every single game here in Austin. It's all about the money, and which franchise gets the tv dollars flowing, etc.

If I lived in or near Detroit, I would certainly have season tix to the Wings. But I guess having such a great franchise right under their noses makes some locals complacent. Very lucky to live near enough to attend...

Edited by puckloo39

Last time we played Montreal it was packed. I don't see any different this game. Canadians will gladly show up if the American's want to watch football.

It's one hour until puck drop and there are 700 seats still left on Stubhub.com. There are empty seats in almost EVERY section right now. It won't be as packed as the Chicago game.

It's one hour until puck drop and there are 700 seats still left on Stubhub.com. There are empty seats in almost EVERY section right now. It won't be as packed as the Chicago game.

Who cares if it's as packed as the Chicago game. Point being it will still be packed, and I'm betting we are out numbered in fans just like when the Leafs show up.

Seats stay empty pretty much till puck drop. I've never seen it even close to full an hour before puck drop.