• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/16 GDT : Montreal Canadiens 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Who cares if it's as packed as the Chicago game. Point being it will still be packed, and I'm betting we are out numbered in fans just like when the Leafs show up.

Toronto is closer than Montreal. There won't be as many Habs fans.

Yes, because all Hab fans live in Montreal.

ALL Habs fans don't live in Montreal but Toronto is only 4 hours away and that's why there are a lot of Leafs fans at the Joe when the Wings play them. A lot of those fans make the trip from Toronto.

I live in Texas. I know all about football freaks, Heaven help me, they're lunatics for football here... and pretend to know nothing of hockey. This, despite the FACT that the current Calder Cup winning team sells out every single game here in Austin. It's all about the money, and which franchise gets the tv dollars flowing, etc.

If I lived in or near Detroit, I would certainly have season tix to the Wings. But I guess having such a great franchise right under their noses makes some locals complacent. Very lucky to live near enough to attend...

But when they do actually appreciate hockey in your city and there's a great franchise, sadly, you can't afford any of the tickets.

The Joe WAS packed against the Hawks. It won't be as packed tonight.

That's because it's cheaper to drive from Chicago, buy two Wings tickets, pay for gas, pay for a hotel room, and drive back than it is to get two tickets to the United Center.

As a Wings fan stuck in Hockey Hell... I mean Chicagoland... I'd rather drive to Detroit for games anyway.

Edited by nmuwildcat