• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Do we need a trade to get our offence going ?

Rate this topic

If we could land Perron and or Petry, that just may give us a little shakeup that may spark something. Question, Kindl is already a healthy scratch most nights, IF the Wings were able to land BOTH Perron and Petry, which defensemen go? Do you think Q would be part of that trade or would we lose a prospect? I really don't like the idea of losing ANY of of D prosepects, XO, Sproul, Jensen, Marchenko, Backman, Nedomlel, Wheaton, McNulty and Dehass are all very important to this team IMO. We still own the rights to Almqvist, although I do not think he will come back the NHL even if his rights were traded. I know you have to give to get, and trading Q and K is not going to get you Perron or Petry, let alone both.

Looking back at that list of prospects, are we going to have room for these guys when they are out of exemptions in a few years? Same situation as Nestrasil, you groom your prospects to become NHL ready, then lose them because you have no room on the NHL team. Do we risk trading one or two of those guys along with an established NHL'r?

I know Edmonton wants a 2nd line center, Weiss is NOT going to waive his NTC to go there. I think Edmonton asks for Sheahan before Helm or Andersson. No thanks, so I think unless they'll take a 1st round pick instead, we are out. Sheahan is a no trade IMO.

If we could land Perron and or Petry, that just may give us a little shakeup that may spark something. Question, Kindl is already a healthy scratch most nights, IF the Wings were able to land BOTH Perron and Petry, which defensemen go? Do you think Q would be part of that trade or would we lose a prospect? I really don't like the idea of losing ANY of of D prosepects, XO, Sproul, Jensen, Marchenko, Backman, Nedomlel, Wheaton, McNulty and Dehass are all very important to this team IMO. We still own the rights to Almqvist, although I do not think he will come back the NHL even if his rights were traded. I know you have to give to get, and trading Q and K is not going to get you Perron or Petry, let alone both.

Looking back at that list of prospects, are we going to have room for these guys when they are out of exemptions in a few years? Same situation as Nestrasil, you groom your prospects to become NHL ready, then lose them because you have no room on the NHL team. Do we risk trading one or two of those guys along with an established NHL'r?

I know Edmonton wants a 2nd line center, Weiss is NOT going to waive his NTC to go there. I think Edmonton asks for Sheahan before Helm or Andersson. No thanks, so I think unless they'll take a 1st round pick instead, we are out. Sheahan is a no trade IMO.

There isn't room for all the prospects. After next season Oullett, Sproul, and marchenko all have to be up or go through waivers. Move 1 if needed.

Isn't Helm from western canada? send him home.

We're in the seventh seed because everyone above us has played two more games than we have. If the Wings win their games in hand, they're second in the division. Additionally, we may have won 10 out of 19, but we've also only lost 4 out of 19 in regulation, which is the second best in the league to only Pittsburgh's 3 regulation losses.

So whil the facts you give are technically true, they're also an incredibly negative and misleading spin on what's actually going on. Through the first quarter of this season, the Wings have playing like a top 10 team.

Top 10 in the conference yes, not in the NHL. As last night once again showed. we will be fighting for a PO spot all year just like the past few years. Maybe make it, maybe not.

Whatever guys, that's a great idea, we should be learning from them. I'm just going to throw it out there right now...Anybody want to trade their #1 center for Johan Franzen? Because if you play your cards right, I just might be willing to make that happen for you. Whaddya say?

Whatever guys, that's a great idea, we should be learning from them. I'm just going to throw it out there right now...Anybody want to trade their #1 center for Johan Franzen? Because if you play your cards right, I just might be willing to make that happen for you. Whaddya say?

Are you crazy?

Franzens the best winger eversss.

Ha.

But if someone bites on this, I'd put his name out there and see what offers we get

Petry's in a contract year and he almost certainly won't be re-upping with the Oilers. And, well, this is the Oilers. So he shouldn't cost much, even though he's by far their best defenseman. Holland probably wants to wait until around deadline time and see if he can get him for cheap.

Perron's a little more complicated. He was huge for the Oilers last season (28 goals, 29 assists), he's a RH shot, he's 26, his cap hit's a very agreeable $3.8M, and he's got two more seasons on his contract (this season included). ...But he made those comments, and apparently that kind of thing's a big no-no in Oilers Land, so I guess his days in Edmonton are very much numbered. ...But he's gotten off to a very slow start this season, and even before this season had started you had people saying last season was very likely his peak. ...But Dreger's saying MacT wants a "top center" in return. ...But I doubt Holland would be all that interested in Perron anyway, so this is moot. ...But, were it up to me, and MacT wanted a solid roster player, my candidates would be Helm, Smith, Quincey, Ericsson, and Gustavsson.

Y'know who I really like in the Oilers' system? A Finn by the name of Iiro Pakarinen. 23 years old, RW, RH shot, big body (6'1, 215), plays a really physical game, and has a very good scoring touch. That's the kind of player we should be looking to add to our forward corps.

Are you crazy?

Franzens the best winger eversss.

Ha.

But if someone bites on this, I'd put his name out there and see what offers we get

Haha, I actually think Franzen has been excellent this season. So this is no knock on him. But I'll trade a second line winger for a top line center any day of the week. As would, hopefully, every other person in the hockey world.

we will be fighting for a PO spot all year just like the past few years. Maybe make it, maybe not.

It's true. We're not catching the Habs or the Bolts, and the Bruins keep winning even without half their roster. That puts us in a dog fight with the Leafs, Sens, and a thousand Metro teams for a wild card spot. Florida might even be in the mix.

The big thing is, we suck against Atlantic teams. That hurts our cause in a big way.

Edited by Dabura

Guest DeGraa55

Petry's in a contract year and he almost certainly won't be re-upping with the Oilers. And, well, this is the Oilers. So he shouldn't cost much, even though he's by far their best defenseman. Holland probably wants to wait until around deadline time and see if he can get him for cheap.

Perron's a little more complicated. He was huge for the Oilers last season (28 goals, 29 assists), he's a RH shot, he's 26, his cap hit's a very agreeable $3.8M, and he's got two more seasons on his contract (this season included). ...But he made those comments, and apparently that kind of thing's a big no-no in Oilers Land, so I guess his days in Edmonton are very much numbered. ...But he's gotten off to a very slow start this season, and even before this season had started you had people saying last season was very likely his peak. ...But Dreger's saying MacT wants a "top center" in return. ...But I doubt Holland would be all that interested in Perron anyway, so this is moot. ...But, were it up to me, and MacT wanted a solid roster player, my candidates would be Helm, Smith, Quincey, Ericsson, and Gustavsson.

Y'know who I really like in the Oilers' system? A Finn by the name of Iiro Pakarinen. 23 years old, RW, RH shot, big body (6'1, 215), plays a really physical game, and has a very good scoring touch. That's the kind of player we should be looking to add to our forward corps.

Not to nitpick. But u consider 6 1 a big body? To me that's slightly above average.

But I guess for the wings that's a massive body...

Do the lines:

Tatar-Datsyuk-Perron

Nyquist-Z-Franzen

Jurco-Sheahan-Abby

Miller-Glendening-Andersson

Cleary and Weiss

getting better.

For the D:

Kronwall-Dekeyser

Smith-Petry

Big E-Q

Lashoff

Gets a little better

Not to nitpick. But u consider 6 1 a big body? To me that's slightly above average.

But I guess for the wings that's a massive body...

6'1 itself isn't big, but weighing 215 at that height makes you pretty big. Abdelkader, for example, is about 6'1-220.

Is that with his equipment on and a belly full of pasta?

I honestly can't see Abby being any more than 200...If he were 220 - he'd look quite a bit more stocky.

The Red Wings site actually lists him at 6'2" and 218.

Even if he's 6'1", I know guys that height who are 210 and don't look it. And a fair amount of that isn't even muscle. :lol: So for a dude that's in shape, I think it's believable. Some guys are just surprisingly solid.

EDIT: Especially when you consider that hockey players can carry a lot of muscle weight in their legs and butt.

Is that with his equipment on and a belly full of pasta?

I honestly can't see Abby being any more than 200...If he were 220 - he'd look quite a bit more stocky.

I met him once in person. My honest guess would be 5'11" 200 lb. He was shorter than I thought but very stocky.

A team source confirmed the Panthers r trying to trade some unnamed vets to make room for players like Trocheck and Grimaldi.

One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure Fleischmann is at top of list. Perhaps Bergenheim and Kopecky as well.

Bergy has been too injury prone.All are in final years of dealsTeam may have to wait til deadline but they want Rocco ASAP.

Bring em home Kenny!

Former Red Wing on the downward side of his production. Seems like a natural fit.

The only hitch is it'd be a trade so Kenny wouldn't be able to give him a 4 year deal to make it a 35+ contract with a NTC.

But the extension could be.

On a serious note, how many years dies kopecky have?

And how old was he when he signed it, I don't want to not be able to send him down.

But the extension could be.

On a serious note, how many years dies kopecky have?

And how old was he when he signed it, I don't want to not be able to send him down.

According to capgeek this is the final year of his contract. At $3 million a year, you don't trade for him if you plan to send him down.

I'm afraid to even discuss it more for fear it will somehow bring this terrible trade into existence.

According to capgeek this is the final year of his contract. At $3 million a year, you don't trade for him if you plan to send him down.

I'm afraid to even discuss it more for fear it will somehow bring this terrible trade into existence.

BEETLEJUICE!BEETLEJUICE!BEETLEJUICE!

see, nothing happened don't be crazy.

OH GOD! MICHEAL KEATON JUST SHOWED UP IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!!

What we need to do it bring a guy like Andy Miele up from the AHL. The guy is a pure gamer. 11 points in 12 games and a proven track record of the last couple of years in Arizona's organization

Edited by Jedi
Removal of spam/advertising content.

What we need to do it bring a guy like Andy Miele up from the AHL. The guy is a pure gamer. 11 points in 12 games and a proven track record of the last couple of years in Arizona's organization

Follow all the verified Red Wings twitter accounts on TweetLeet

http://www.tweetleet...troit/redwings/

Andy miele is that you?

Oh and.

Damn you Mark BernWagner!

Call me optimistic, but I still think it'll be interesting to see how Weiss responds when actually getting a chance. Based on his history, he's plenty capable of becoming an important part of this team's offense moving forward. That was the goal when signing him and it's still possible that he could rise to meet that goal, and perhaps be better if given the right opportunities in time.

And yeah, I get it, it's unlikely, and perhaps a bit crazy to think that at this point, but I think you've got to see how he does as a regular in the lineup before you do anything drastic.

So far, so good.