• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Do we need a trade to get our offence going ?

Rate this topic

Right. I wish Capgeek was still available for scenarios like this, but my guess is it wouldn't leave us much room to retain key players.

Would put us around $62.5 with Nyquist, Jurco, Andersson, Smith, and Franson to re-sign. Depending where the cap winds up, we'd probably be 2-4 mil short.

Maybe if we could offload one (or more) of Quincey, Franzen, or Weiss.

Can someone tell me the last time a team got a first round pick for a rental defenseman?

It was Bouwmeester, right? ...or did he still have a year left on his deal when he was traded to St. Louis?

I hate that CapGeek is no more.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/st-louis-blues/jay-bouwmeester/

'scuse me while I talk to myself.

So, again, I ask... Can someone tell me the last time a team got a first round pick for a rental defenseman?

Wednesday February 25th 2015

Sekera for 1st + McKeown

;)

Unless we can add a player such as Yandle, I believe Kenny should stand pat on Monday. I like the look of next season's team even more than the current one. I think Weiss needs to be traded this summer. Now that he's healthy and has better value it makes no sense to pay him 5 mil playing on the 3rd or 4th line. Plus we need to make room for Pulkkinen. I'd like to see something like this for next season...

Tatar/Datsyuk/Helm

Nyquist/Zetterberg/Abdelkader

Jurco/Sheahan/Pulkkinen

Miller/Glendenning/Callahan

Andersson/Ferraro

Kronwall/Ericsson

Quincey/Dekeyser

Smith/Marchenko

Ouellette

Howard/Mrazek

I'll expand on this more when I'm not on my phone, but I think getting Nyquist out of the top six is a good idea. I'd love for Holland to get a big winger tomorrow.

Erik Cole keeps coming up, obviously because of the Nill connection. He's a guy if the price was right I'd be happy with. Not sure what other power forward type wingers are available.

I'll expand on this more when I'm not on my phone, but I think getting Nyquist out of the top six is a good idea. I'd love for Holland to get a big winger tomorrow.

I agree with this. Nyquist has been money on the powerplay this year, where he has time and space to work. 5 on 5 hasn't been as friendly to him, and I think a lot of that has to do with how tightly the opposition checks him. He spent a good deal of time last year on the third line, and even when he was bumped up to the top six during all the injuries, nobody in the league knew anything about this Nyquist kid, so other teams gave him time and space to make things happen. I think playing him against third line opponents will buy him some of that time and space back, and we might see him produce more as a result. The only question would be who will take his spot in the top 6, and will the production from Nyquist on the third line + player X on the second line be greater than Nyquist on the second, and player X on the third? The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.

And ho hum the Wings picked up a top 6 forward, so Nyquist getting bumped becomes a little more convenient. On the other hand, because this forward is Cole, if they were both on the same line, Nyquist might get that extra time and space anyway with Cole feeding him pucks and pulling the piano. Frankly I'd like to see both options tried out. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work out, and we can always go back to the old lines. Its not like he's been completely ineffective anyway, and he'll always have the powerplay.

I agree with this. Nyquist has been money on the powerplay this year, where he has time and space to work. 5 on 5 hasn't been as friendly to him, and I think a lot of that has to do with how tightly the opposition checks him. He spent a good deal of time last year on the third line, and even when he was bumped up to the top six during all the injuries, nobody in the league knew anything about this Nyquist kid, so other teams gave him time and space to make things happen. I think playing him against third line opponents will buy him some of that time and space back, and we might see him produce more as a result. The only question would be who will take his spot in the top 6, and will the production from Nyquist on the third line + player X on the second line be greater than Nyquist on the second, and player X on the third? The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.

And ho hum the Wings picked up a top 6 forward, so Nyquist getting bumped becomes a little more convenient. On the other hand, because this forward is Cole, if they were both on the same line, Nyquist might get that extra time and space anyway with Cole feeding him pucks and pulling the piano. Frankly I'd like to see both options tried out. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work out, and we can always go back to the old lines. Its not like he's been completely ineffective anyway, and he'll always have the powerplay.

Well, no need for me to expand on it. You pretty well nailed it. I'd do something like this when Z is back, just to see what it would look like.

Tats-Datsyuk-Abby

Z-Sheahan-Cole

Nyquist-Weiss-Helm

Miller-Glen-Jurco

Move Jurco up and Andersson in while Helm is hurt.

Well, no need for me to expand on it. You pretty well nailed it. I'd do something like this when Z is back, just to see what it would look like.

Tats-Datsyuk-Abby

Z-Sheahan-Cole

Nyquist-Weiss-Helm

Miller-Glen-Jurco

Move Jurco up and Andersson in while Helm is hurt.

Z as winger would def put up more goals especially with a big guy like Cole on his line. Not to mention Sheahan is actually pretty good at backchecking which relieves Z from some of his duties. 2nd line could actually be pretty lethal. 3rd line could easily be one of the best in the league if Nyquist turns it up along with helms speed.

Not a bad set up. I just dont think Babs would do anything like this tho..

Edited by kickazz