• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Do we need a trade to get our offence going ?

Rate this topic

We need something to get our offence going on a consistent basis , whether it be a trade or calling up pulkkinen and/or mantha down the line

I was thinking with the kids we got coming ip maybe we could afford to use Tatar in a package type deal for evander kane? I know kane has some issues but maybe a change of scenery would do him good and I can see him on a line with datsyuk

So ... Should we consider a trade? Sit back and give it another 10-15 games or consider calling up someone?

Here comes the give weiss a chance comments

Guest DeGraa55

A trade would be nice but I highly doubt it'll happen. You gotta remember holland wants talent without moving any prospects.

And on top of that it's hard to actually find good players in the trade market. There's a few but the asking price is too high(evander kane).

Well, presumably our offense will improve if we get a top four puck mover. And hopefully that will improve the powerplay as well. But I think we need to seriously consider an upgrade to the top six if we continue to have these problems with offensive consistency. There just doesn't seem to be enough offensive talent to spread around.

Edited by kipwinger

Kindl and lashoff need to go, andersson, and trade 2 of helm, sheahan, tatar, nyquist, jurco and one of ferraro and callahan. If marchenko sproul and oulette arent good enough to play, when and if will they play.

Our offense is fine. They just arent scoring as much because they need to consistently back up our defence. Literally every pairing we can throw out has a dummy on it. Having said that, its crucial we have dats and Z in the lineup, or we just can't roll 2 lines because our players are just too easy to shut down without support.

Kronwall Ericsson

Dekeyser Quincey

Smith Kindl

Lashoff

Quincey has been better, but hes inept when it comes to offense. Ericsson has been getting turnovers like he did in his rookie season. Smith is great but he still makes at least 2 plays a game that are just terrible. Kindl is Kindl. Lashoff is okay defensively but brings nothing on offense.

We have a glut of "defensive defenceman" who arent good at playing defense.

Replacing Kindl or Quincey with a serviceable defenceman makes our D look sooooo much better. We are really lacking a legit #2 defenceman who can play both sides of the puck. Everyone aside from Kronwall and dekeyser are playing on one pairing higher then they should be.

Ericcson is a 4th/5th defenceman plays on the top line..

Smith right now is also a 4th/5th

Kindl should be in the ECHL

Quincey IMO is a 4th defenceman

Lashoff is good for what he is i guess

Of course, we could use a trade on the wing for a goal scorer. But who's team couldnt?

Edited by WingsallTheway

Untouchables: Nyquist, DeKeyser, Mantha

some overpayment needed: Tatar, Larkin and maybe one of Sproul/Oulette

other than that I don't think the Wings have anything that would bring us back a much needed top D man.

Maybe we can get Subban for Tatar, Larkin, and Sproul/Oulette?

Kindl and lashoff need to go, andersson, and trade 2 of helm, sheahan, tatar, nyquist, jurco and one of ferraro and callahan. If marchenko sproul and oulette arent good enough to play, when and if will they play.

Good thing your not running the team. Wow.

Good thing your not running the team. Wow.

Well, what have they done since the start of last years playoffs? Nyquist has 8 goals, but in the end hes gonna be hudler. Too small of a winger for our small soft centers. Helm sheahan weiss and feraro all offer the same thing minus helms speed. Need to get more well rouned, wings of past had success with balance.this team is all same style players. Nyquist would get the biggest return Edited by CMatt89

Well, what have they done since the start of last years playoffs? Nyquist has 8 goals, but in the end hes gonna be hudler. Too small of a winger for our small soft centers. Helm sheahan weiss and feraro all offer the same thing minus helms speed. Need to get more well rouned, wings of past had success with balance.this team is all same style players. Nyquist would get the biggest return

Nyquist is nowhere near hudler....like at all.....

Nyquist is our fastest skater (next to helm....gus is more explosive). Nyquist has the second best hands on our team. Nyquist is our most likely player to score a goal on a given night.

Hudler was small and he showed it every night...gus doesnt. This is an awful comparison Nyquist is is more comparable to a young zetterberg...

Edited by WingsallTheway

I think we could move Tatar at his value right now in a package for something useful.

The reason why I feel okay moving Tatar is Pulkkinen - he is a goal scorer too and can provide a RH shot in the top 6.

We could, but tatar is our only player who doesn't have the personality of a robot....I want to see him stick around his whole career. Hes our only player with sass and swagger

Yes. Our offensive struggles are not new nor is it surprising. Several guys are soph and are having struggles. Sheahan, Jurco and tatar. This shouldn't have surprised anyone. The real shock is how good of a start Nyquist has had. Hell even Franzen is in one of his famous hot streaks and we are still struggling. A lot of our troubles come from 2 oft talked about issues that have not been addressed: lack of RHer and lack of front of net players. We have lots of guys that skate well, handle the puck well and even have good shots. But we still lack guys that can go play in front of the other teams G and block the view and bang home the rebounds. This has been an issue since Homer retired.

As for being RHed, yes they are naturally quicker with the pass playing on the right side. Firmer passes and more accurate as well.

Maybe we can get Subban for Tatar, Larkin, and Sproul/Oulette?

Habs aren't gonna move Subban ... Easiest thing in the back end right now is to give a chance to ouellet/jensen/marchenko but for some reason were against it

Then holland will be surprised when our defense struggles in the future when we have 2-3 rookies in the back at the same time

Guest DeGraa55

Habs aren't gonna move Subban ... Easiest thing in the back end right now is to give a chance to ouellet/jensen/marchenko but for some reason were against it

Then holland will be surprised when our defense struggles in the future when we have 2-3 rookies in the back at the same time

He was being sarcastic. About 99% of his post are sarcasm. It's to the point where you can't take anything he says seriously.

And yes agree in the rookies thing. That's why they need oullete playing this year then when quincey a deal is up we can have sproul and oullete as our third pair(at that point third and firs year players). Still can't believe holland have Quincey a two year deal....then again I can since that's what he does.

Guest DeGraa55

I think we should trade Andersson or Nestrasil for Pulkkinen. Then we trade Kindl for Oulette or Marchenko.

The only problem is that I've heard that the Griffins' GM doesn't like to make trades.

Lol ya. I really don't understand why they don't waive kindl. If someone claims him...GOOD!! If not...well he can play for griffins.

I think we really need a good offensive defensiveman, even if he isn't the greatest defensively at this point. Kronwall is the only one putting up points right now. I keep hoping Smith will turn the corner, and maybe with some powerplay time he'd deliver, but I never really see him bury his chances or make a great play.

He was being sarcastic. About 99% of his post are sarcasm. It's to the point where you can't take anything he says seriously.

And yes agree in the rookies thing. That's why they need oullete playing this year then when quincey a deal is up we can have sproul and oullete as our third pair(at that point third and firs year players). Still can't believe holland have Quincey a two year deal....then again I can since that's what he does.

Only 70% of my posts are sarcastic bud. Do your homework and get your facts straight before commenting on the nature of my LGW posts. You're hyperbole is at a point where I can't take you seriously anymore.

Guest DeGraa55

Only 70% of my posts are sarcastic bud. Do your homework and get your facts straight before commenting on the nature of my LGW posts. You're hyperbole is at a point where I can't take you seriously anymore.

Nope pretty sure it's 95% maybe even 100%. Hard to tell....

Nope pretty sure it's 95% maybe even 100%. Hard to tell....

I guess you would know. You're always so good at picking up on my sarcasm. You never leave blocks of text with links to videos as evidence trying to refute my sarcastic comment. A comment like, idk, Subban is classy? ;)