• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Do we need a trade to get our offence going ?

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

He had back to back 28 goal seasons and 18 in 48 2years ago ...sure he's a risk but if it works out could pay off big and it won't have to cost us important prospects

And we don't have too many 6'2 230 pd forwards

Was just a thought

Any opinion that differs fom his is clearly wrong and you're not aloud to share.

It's an interesting idea one I've thought about a few times. But I don't think it'd be worth it now just because of the amount of guys we got. BUT if the injury bug bites hard again(like last year with legwand) he would be a guy to consider for sure.

That's just how he is. He will never change. There used to be rules here...

Any opinion that differs fom his is clearly wrong and you're not aloud to share.

You're in a big puddle of s*** DeGraa55 and you don't have the shoes for it.
He doesn't want to trade Pulkkinen. Don't you think that is for our benefit?
You knew how this would unfold. His mind is broken. You broke it.
And now... What now? Suspend him?
You've been pushing that agenda ever since you got here.
He also called someone "faceman". Should we believe that, too?

+ 1 for entertainment value.

Back on topic though, f*** Chris Stewart.

Also, I don't want to trade Pulkkinen either. Unless it's for Yandle.

With how poorly the Coyotes have been doing this year, I wouldn't be suprised to see some parts moved (including Yandle) at the deadline. And I would be willing to move several pieces including Pulkkinen to bring Yandle in.

With how poorly the Coyotes have been doing this year, I wouldn't be suprised to see some parts moved (including Yandle) at the deadline. And I would be willing to move several pieces including Pulkkinen to bring Yandle in.

Yandle may not be a righty but he's a top 10 offensive D in his prime. Much needed on this team.

What would you move to get him? Just curious.

Yandle may not be a righty but he's a top 10 offensive D in his prime. Much needed on this team.

What would you move to get him? Just curious.

I don't know, and I don't really like coming up with a proposal because I have no idea what the Coyotes are asking for in real life, or what Holland has already offered and been refused. I guess if I was the Coyotes I would be looking for young talent and picks, but also wanting to replace the loss of Yandle with someone who can play nhl defense right now. The Wings also might have to make room for Yandle's caphit (I don't know for sure I'm on my phone so scrolling between here and capgeek isn't convenient right now), which means we would have to move a higher priced piece if that's the case.

Pulkinen could be their young goal-scorer, one of Oulette, Jensen, Marchenko, Sproul, because we don't have room for all of them, and I do believe all of them are capable of having NHL careers. I would be willing to move Ericsson, Kindl, Quincey, or Lashoff, although the Coyotes would probably want Ericsson or Quincey to help fill the void left by Yandle. Anyone from our bottom six I could also part with, because we can replace them easily enough. Some combination of the above. Maybe Pulkkinen, Ericsson, and Marchenko. I don't know if that's sweet enough to move Yandle, though.

I'm pretty sure all the lusting for Yandle on LGW has ensured that the universe will never allow a deal to happen. If the Wings ever did acquire Yandle, there'd surely be some sort of time-paradox and reality and humanity and things of this nature would cease to exist.

Pulk is projected to be a one dimensional secondary scoring winger. I'd they can get good value trade him in a second.

Stewart has had a history of attitude and conditioning issues. He'd be a disaster here.

Yandle is a soft one dimensional defenseman. He'd never work with Babcock here.

I'm pretty sure all the lusting for Yandle on LGW has ensured that the universe will never allow a deal to happen. If the Wings ever did acquire Yandle, there'd surely be some sort of time-paradox and reality and humanity and things of this nature would cease to exist.

Myers, Bogosian, Yandle.

Next up: Edler, Green.

And the LGW wheel keeps on turning.

All is well in the universe.

Spare(ish) parts that could have value in a deal for Yandle. Helm, Ericsson, Pulkinnen, one of the D prospects, Kindl, Andersson (no real value I guess) and second and third round picks. We have the pieces to get it done. Helm, Pulks, One of Marchenko/Backman/Jensen, Kindl for cap space and a second? Thats 2 legit NHLers, 2 decent prospects that are almost NHL ready, and a second round pick. Am I absolutely nuts for thinking it could work?

Pulk is projected to be a one dimensional secondary scoring winger. I'd they can get good value trade him in a second. Stewart has had a history of attitude and conditioning issues. He'd be a disaster here. Yandle is a soft one dimensional defenseman. He'd never work with Babcock here.

Pulk is projected to be a one dimensional secondary scoring winger. I'd they can get good value trade him in a second. Stewart has had a history of attitude and conditioning issues. He'd be a disaster here. Yandle is a soft one dimensional defenseman. He'd never work with Babcock here.

What happens when Babcock isn't the coach next year? Could work out just fine... although I have no real desire for Stewart to be on this team.

Myers, Bogosian, Yandle.

Next up: Edler, Green.

And the LGW wheel keeps on turning.

All is well in the universe.

IF... the price is right.

Spare(ish) parts that could have value in a deal for Yandle. Helm, Ericsson, Pulkinnen, one of the D prospects, Kindl, Andersson (no real value I guess) and second and third round picks. We have the pieces to get it done. Helm, Pulks, One of Marchenko/Backman/Jensen, Kindl for cap space and a second? Thats 2 legit NHLers, 2 decent prospects that are almost NHL ready, and a second round pick. Am I absolutely nuts for thinking it could work?

Helm, Quincey, Kindl + one D prospect + 3rd/conditional 2nd round pick.

Does anyone else not understand these small trades that go on throughout the years? Other teams are always doing them and the Wings never.

"Philip Samuelsson to ARI, Rob Klinkhammer to PITT"

These types of trades seems asinine IMO. I guess I'm wondering what's the point?

Does anyone else not understand these small trades that go on throughout the years? Other teams are always doing them and the Wings never.

These types of trades seems asinine IMO. I guess I'm wondering what's the point?

I think the point is that we've seen these guys to the point of nausea they haven't, let's try and get the inside track and hope they pay off.

Detroit holds early scout meeting, 'absolutely' wants 'two or three more right shots'

Make of this what you will, from the Detroit Free Press:

In an unusual move, Red Wings general manager Ken Holland gathered all his scouts for brief meetings this week.

“It’s the first time we’ve done it for just one day, and here in early December,” Holland said. The trade deadline isn’t for another three months, and Thursday night’s game against Dallas was only the 26th of the Wings’ season.

“Just thought it would be good to touch base now,” Holland said, “instead of waiting till late January.”

The pro scouts regularly turn in reports on players who could help the Wings and who are deemed to be available via trade.

Holland went on to say he’s still keen to add right-handed shooters, an area of weakness he tried to address during free agency (at Mike Babcock’s behest).

“Would I like two or three more right shots? Absolutely, whether up front or on defense,” Holland said. “But there’s not a hockey store I can go.”

Hmmm...

Well, you have to look at them on a case-by-case basis. This one gives the Pens a useful, underrated depth forward for a prospect who didn't really have a future with the Pens. The Pens' bottom six is iffy, and they're missing Dupuis, Kunitz, Bennett, and Hornqvist (not to mention Letang on the blue line) - so they need help. On the Coyotes' end, the prospect - Phillip Samuelsson (son of Ulf) - has a younger brother - Henrik - who's a Coyotes prospect and is currently playing for the Coyotes' AHL farm team. Tthey were both raised in Scottsdale.

To those recommending we can afford to trade Helm - I just don't think we will get full value for the guy. He is very underrated around the league and most teams would want a substantial add just to get the conversation going for a 2nd pairing Dman. Until they see the guy playing heart and soul bottom 6 minutes in their sweater they will only see 3rd line C for 2nd pairing dman in trade talks.

Also any trade for a Dman has to have Kindl going the other way and right now he has negative value with his contract length. Helm and Kindl as the base for a package doesn't get you anything worth writing home about.

I think the best course of action is to SUCK IT UP and waive Kindl and promote Ouellet. The RH shot will fix itself once a mixture of Pulkkinen, Sproul, Jensen, Marchenko get onto the team in 1-2 years time.

Just thought I would also bring up Franzen. Does the guy have any trade value at all? He is becoming pretty redundant in Detroit right now and could probably be replaced by a combo of Jurco, Pulkkinen in the top 6. Has been fairly silent the last while and is -7 right now while playing with a mixture of Z and Dats. What do we do with this guy?

I still think our biggest need is help on the back end. What does everyone think of trading for Erik Johnson? To me, he is the exact type of player this team could use on their back end. I'd be willing to give up quite a bit for him, I'm just not sure what would get a deal done. Kindl would have to go the other way, and I think he would do well in Colorado's system. I would include Ouellet or Marchenko in the deal, as well as Pulkkinen (as much as I love the kid). I'd also be willing to part with our 1st or 2nd round pick. I'm not sure if that package would get it done but I would love to have Johnson on this team. He is a huge body at 6'4", 236 lbs, shoots right, hits and blocks shots, and is only 26 years old. He's also under contract for another season after this one, at a reasonable $3.75M.

Johnson is an intriguing idea, but I have a feeling that Colorado would jack up the price if they'd even consider trading with us. It took a three way deal with TB to get Quincey. I think it was at least partly because Colorado did't want to deal directly with the Wings at the time.

Plus, it seems every .GM wants to fleece the Wings for fear of being the one to give them the piece to return them to dominance.

Johnson is an intriguing idea, but I have a feeling that Colorado would jack up the price if they'd even consider trading with us. It took a three way deal with TB to get Quincey. I think it was at least partly because Colorado did't want to deal directly with the Wings at the time.

Plus, it seems every .GM wants to fleece the Wings for fear of being the one to give them the piece to return them to dominance.

Different time though, we are no longer in their conference.