• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsallTheway

Nestrasil Waived / Claimed by Hurricanes

Rate this topic

I was reading on hfboards, some of them are throwing a fit about this.

Its kind of amusing.

Which is hilarious considering no one thought Nestrasil would ever be a Red Wing during the 2013-14 season. All of the sudden he plays 13 games and suddenly we've lost a great prospect. gimme a break.

Which is hilarious considering no one thought Nestrasil would ever be a Red Wing during the 2013-14 season. All of the sudden he plays 13 games and suddenly we've lost a great prospect. gimme a break.

I just wonder how many of them even knew who he was before this year.

Or that he bounced back and forth between the AHL and the echl just last season.

they are being compared because cleary should have been waived. i love how people talk about what cleary does off the ice. how would any of you know. are you in the locker room? i dont hear any players talking about how great cleary is. atleast nest wasnt a liability on the ice. he played d and skated hard. cleary cant even move out there. if he is so good as a leader and locker room guy then find a position in management for him. make one up. locker room cheerleader. but the guy only costs us when on the ice and that is stupid to do, i dont care what he does in the locker room

There have been plenty of quotes coming from the Wings staff/players talking about Cleary as a locker room leader, this isn't fan fiction.

Putting him in management is different. When you are a leader and "one of the boys" its a different type of leadership position then someone on the coaching staff/management.

Piper is a national treasure

Exactly twenty minutes ago I said the EXACT same words about Rihanna. And now I'm reading this...and I'm conflicted. Who is the real national treasure I ask myself?

Nicolas cage attempted to kidnap her three times last week.

If Nicolas Cage lays a single greasy hand on Piper I'll tear him down.

Exactly twenty minutes ago I said the EXACT same words about Rihanna. And now I'm reading this...and I'm conflicted. Who is the real national treasure I ask myself?

If Nicolas Cage lays a single greasy hand on Piper I'll tear him down.

Just send Liam neeson after him.

About 10-12 years ago, Nicholas Cage sent his bitchy assistant in heels and a skirt to Southern Motors in Clarkston, Mi to buy a 1970 Hemi Cuda. When the transaction wasn't going as fast as she wanted, she copped a Hollywood attitude and shouted, "Do you have any idea who is buying this car? Nicholas Cage is buying this car!"

All the good ole Michigan car guys looked around at each other and the owner spoke up,"Lady, do you have any idea who is selling this car? Nikolai Khabibulin is selling this car."

True story.

That's all I got...

About 10-12 years ago, Nicholas Cage sent his bitchy assistant in heels and a skirt to Southern Motors in Clarkston, Mi to buy a 1970 Hemi Cuda. When the transaction wasn't going as fast as she wanted, she copped a Hollywood attitude and shouted, "Do you have any idea who is buying this car? Nicholas Cage is buying this car!"

All the good ole Michigan car guys looked around at each other and the owner spoke up,"Lady, do you have any idea who is selling this car? Nikolai Khabibulin is selling this car."

True story.

That's all I got...

That's pretty awesome.

Cleary had been playing far better than Anderson and Miller. He's definitely showing himself to not be the bottom or second to bottom plug on this team. He was far better than Nestrasil. Nestrasil was easily the worst player on the team.

Edited by themcityblues

Cleary had been playing far better than Anderson and Miller. He's definitely showing himself to not be the bottom or second to bottom plug on this team. He was far better than Nestrasil. Nestrasil was easily the worst player on the team.

I'm still not that into Andersson. I like how the 4th line has been playing altogether but every time he gets the puck I just think to myself that he doesn't really do anything well, and while his skating has improved I still think it's below average.

I'm still not that into Andersson. I like how the 4th line has been playing altogether but every time he gets the puck I just think to myself that he doesn't really do anything well, and while his skating has improved I still think it's below average.

Yeah is see where you're coming from. I liked Andersson last year, but this year he's showing so many deficits. Then again he is defensively responsible and kills penalties so it makes sense for him to be here. Same goes for Miller. I just think Miller is having his worst year

It's like when we lost Matthias everyone was up in arms, turns out he's a 3rd line checking forward

There's a lot of people upset that "we lost him for nothing..." attached to damning of Holland in GMing abilities. There was also a few comments saying that it seemed that the Wings have lost more players for nothing than others. That got me thinking and I was bored so I did some research on Wikipedia. Here's all the players that have been claimed off waiver from each team since the beginning of the 2010-11 season. It shows that we are right in the middle of the pack and it happens to all teams (except the Bruins, apparently).

Penguins: (7) B.Strait, T.Kostopoulos, Z.Boychuk, S. MacIntyre, D. Jeffrey, M. D'Agostini, Nick Johnson

Kings: (6) T. Hickey R. Clune, Marc-Andre Cliché, Keaton Ellerby, Adam Cracknell, Marco Sturm

Blues: (5) Anthony Peluso, Nate Prosser, Taylor Chorney, Marek Svatos, Kyle Wellwood

4:

Panthers: James Wright, Mike Santorelli, Ryan Carter, Michael Grabner

Flyers: Niko Hovinen, Tom Sestito, Blair Betts, Andreas Nodl

Lightning: Adam Hall, Richard Panik, Antti Miettinen, Curtis McElhinney

Oilers: Corey Potter, Taylor Chorney, Gilbert Brule, Ethan Moreau

Islanders: Jack Skille, Blake Comeau, Tim Wallace, Rob Schremp

Ducks: Brian McGrattan, Ben Maxwell, Brendan Mikkelson, Troy Bodie

3:

Blackhawks: Ryan Stanton, Michael Kostka, Nick Boynton

Predators: Zach Boychuk, Taylor Pyatt, Marek Svatos

Red Wings: Joey MacDonald, Andrej Nestrasil, Mattias Ritola

Sabres: Joe Finley, Corey Tropp, Craig Rivet

Hurricanes: Zach Boychuk, Patrick O'Sullivan, Brett Carson

Canadiens: Aaron Palushaj, Jeff Woywitka, Blair Betts

Wild: Zenon Konopka, Colton Gillies, Brad Staubitz

2:

Maple Leafs: Keith Aucoin, Darryl Boyce

Devils: Bobby Butler, Alexander Urbom

Coyotes: Brett MacLean, Cal O'Reilly

Rangers: Jeff Halpern, Dale Weise

Stars: Luke Gazdic, Kevin Connauton

Capitals: Roman Hamrlik, Alexander Urbom

Jets: Brett MacLean, Ben Maxwell

Senators: Kaspars Daugavins, Cory Conacher

1:

Flames: Niklas Hagman

Avalanche: Brandon Yip

Blue Jackets: Grant Clitsome

Sharks: Frazer McLaren

Canucks: Aaron Volpatti

0:

Bruins:

I know a lot of mediocre hockey players apparently. Wasn't aware that some of these guys had made it to the show.

Regarding Nestrasil...meh

There's a lot of people upset that "we lost him for nothing..." attached to damning of Holland in GMing abilities. There was also a few comments saying that it seemed that the Wings have lost more players for nothing than others. That got me thinking and I was bored so I did some research on Wikipedia. Here's all the players that have been claimed off waiver from each team since the beginning of the 2010-11 season. It shows that we are right in the middle of the pack and it happens to all teams (except the Bruins, apparently).

Penguins: (7) B.Strait, T.Kostopoulos, Z.Boychuk, S. MacIntyre, D. Jeffrey, M. D'Agostini, Nick Johnson

Kings: (6) T. Hickey R. Clune, Marc-Andre Cliché, Keaton Ellerby, Adam Cracknell, Marco Sturm

Blues: (5) Anthony Peluso, Nate Prosser, Taylor Chorney, Marek Svatos, Kyle Wellwood

4:

Panthers: James Wright, Mike Santorelli, Ryan Carter, Michael Grabner

Flyers: Niko Hovinen, Tom Sestito, Blair Betts, Andreas Nodl

Lightning: Adam Hall, Richard Panik, Antti Miettinen, Curtis McElhinney

Oilers: Corey Potter, Taylor Chorney, Gilbert Brule, Ethan Moreau

Islanders: Jack Skille, Blake Comeau, Tim Wallace, Rob Schremp

Ducks: Brian McGrattan, Ben Maxwell, Brendan Mikkelson, Troy Bodie

3:

Blackhawks: Ryan Stanton, Michael Kostka, Nick Boynton

Predators: Zach Boychuk, Taylor Pyatt, Marek Svatos

Red Wings: Joey MacDonald, Andrej Nestrasil, Mattias Ritola

Sabres: Joe Finley, Corey Tropp, Craig Rivet

Hurricanes: Zach Boychuk, Patrick O'Sullivan, Brett Carson

Canadiens: Aaron Palushaj, Jeff Woywitka, Blair Betts

Wild: Zenon Konopka, Colton Gillies, Brad Staubitz

2:

Maple Leafs: Keith Aucoin, Darryl Boyce

Devils: Bobby Butler, Alexander Urbom

Coyotes: Brett MacLean, Cal O'Reilly

Rangers: Jeff Halpern, Dale Weise

Stars: Luke Gazdic, Kevin Connauton

Capitals: Roman Hamrlik, Alexander Urbom

Jets: Brett MacLean, Ben Maxwell

Senators: Kaspars Daugavins, Cory Conacher

1:

Flames: Niklas Hagman

Avalanche: Brandon Yip

Blue Jackets: Grant Clitsome

Sharks: Frazer McLaren

Canucks: Aaron Volpatti

0:

Bruins:

While it's a bit before your list, we did take Miller from the Bolts in 2009, and lost Nabokov to the Islanders on entry waivers in 2011.