• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsallTheway

Nestrasil Waived / Claimed by Hurricanes

Rate this topic

Probably should have done this about three weeks ago. The kid is clearly not ready to play NHL hockey. He works hard, and has some positives in his game, but a year ago he was only a mediocre AHL player. Excepting him to be a decent NHL player is too much at this point in his career.

Weiss is going down to gr for a conditioning stint, still haven't heard if datsyuk good to go.

And we have a game tomorrow, someone's coming up, right?

No. Weiss still needs to be on the Red Wings roster to do his conditioning assignment. In order to activate him from IR they need the spot and the cap space, as both will still count against the Wings while he's in GR. Since they started the season with Datsyuk (and then Franzen) on IR they didn't need to send Nestrasil back down, but now that Weiss is healthy they need his spot. They'll likely just play with one fewer guy in the press box for the game (or two) that Weiss is in GR. There really is no big secret here. Nestrasil waived, and Weiss activated after Nestrasil clears.

Nestrasil will definitely clear waivers. My biggest concern in this move is that it will more than likely push Frk out of the lineup. Frk really needs to get back into some games here, I still have hope for the kid to pull through. He's improved on his skating big time and he has a nasty shot. I think he has the potential to be a Jiri Hudler type of player at the NHL level. I hope Zengerle sits when Nestrasil is assigned...

I'm not saying that Jurco would have been sent down, but anyone else think he was feeling the pressure, knowing that a decision was to be made within the next few days, with Weiss coming off IR. Great timing on his first goal of the season last night, let's hope he can build off that and get the production rolling.

Nestrasil will definitely clear waivers. My biggest concern in this move is that it will more than likely push Frk out of the lineup. Frk really needs to get back into some games here, I still have hope for the kid to pull through. He's improved on his skating big time and he has a nasty shot. I think he has the potential to be a Jiri Hudler type of player at the NHL level. I hope Zengerle sits when Nestrasil is assigned...

Frk was assigned to Toledo yesterday

http://www.griffinshockey.com/news/releases/?article_id=2944

Wow, really? That sucks... I think he is more deserving of ice time then a few others on the team right now, namely Mark Zengerle. Oh well, I hope he can produce down in the ECHL, get some confidence before he's called up again, and finally establish himself in the AHL... hopefully.

Frk needs as much game time as he can get to work on his skating. has a good shot but is very average moving around. Getting 20 mins per game with Toledo will help him if his attitude is right. Never know how a guy will react to a demotion.

Could be. or he just isn't good enough. We don't know. Not every prospect works out. he may never get there or maybe he just needs time. But sitting on the bench at GR isn't going to help him. let him play in Toledo. maybe he can start to dominate there-hasn't yet and build some confidence.

quick question about this waiver thing. Does a player need only clear waivers once in a season? If he clears waivers once, is he then free to come and go as the team needs? Without be exposed to waivers again?

Via Wikipedia.... ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waivers_(NHL) )

When a player clears waivers and is sent down and then is called up again, he does not have to clear waivers to be sent down again unless he has played ten games or has been "up" for 30 days.

I am ok with Nesty going down to play and learn but Weiss will not play in the D and probably not play more than 2 or 3 games in GR. He is a career "I'm hurt, wheres my check" player. He will continue to make a living off watching games from the stands. Pretty sweet gig really.