• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsallTheway

Nestrasil Waived / Claimed by Hurricanes

Rate this topic

I am ok with Nesty going down to play and learn but Weiss will not play in the D and probably not play more than 2 or 3 games in GR. He is a career "I'm hurt, wheres my check" player. He will continue to make a living off watching games from the stands. Pretty sweet gig really.

I never got the impression that was Weiss' attitude. He may be fragile but from all accounts he seems to working hard.

Don't think he'll be claimed, but maybe a handful of teams could take a look at him. If he's taken, it'd be a team depleted by injury (Columbus), or perhaps a team that thinks he could work out better than someone on their team who can pass through waivers (Winnipeg).

And apparently there were other teams intesested in claiming Nestrasil but Carolina had first dibs because they were lowest in the standings. I'm really surprised at this, he really didn't show much in his stint with the Wings. Oh well, no huge loss...

I'm thankful for that Kip. Callahan is definitely the better player in my opinion. I really hope he gets another shot with the Wings in the near future.

And yet nobody claimed Callahan when he was waived to begin the season. Strange.

At that point, I feel like teams are willing to see what they have in their players to start the season. Now they've had a chance to see who's working out/who is not.

I would be worried to call Cally up at this point in the year - I think someone would grab him. Definitely think he's got more value than Nestrasil.

Edited by Jesusberg

And apparently there were other teams intesested in claiming Nestrasil but Carolina had first dibs because they were lowest in the standings. I'm really surprised at this, he really didn't show much in his stint with the Wings. Oh well, no huge loss...

He showed some flashes ... I don't think he will be a 60pt+ guy but I do think he will surprise

Wish he had more of a chance here (let's not forget jurco just scored his first last game and sheahan and others weren't lighting it up either )

It's not end of the world though with mantha bertuzzi and other kids coming up , just wish we'd get something in return , seems we always lose our assets for nothing

Jesusberg, Callahan wouldn't have to pass through waivers to come up would he? Just if he were to be sent down again?... I agree, he would definitely be claimed, if had to pass through waivers again. Let's hope it doesn't come to that...

nyquististhefuture, I'm not sure what "flashes" you seen, but I didn't. To be honest, I'd be surprised if he's anything more than a 20/30 point guy, and even that's being generous... Sure, it would have been nice to get a 7th out of a team for him, but it's not the end of the world either...

Edited by krsmith17

Jesusberg, Callahan wouldn't have to pass through waivers to come up would he? Just if he were to be sent down again?... I agree, he would definitely be claimed, if had to pass through waivers again. Let's hope it doesn't come to that...

nyquististhefuture, I'm not sure what "flashes" you seen, but I didn't. To be honest, I'd be surprised if he's anything more than a 20/30 point guy, and even that's being generous... Sure, it would have been nice to get a 7th out of a team for him, but it's not the end of the world either...

I think you're right. I was thinking about the 30 days of not having to go through waivers after being sent down, and thought it applied to call-ups as well. My mistake.

What a surprise ... Had a feeling we'd lose him , seems the detroit way to always losing assets for nothing

Would of been nice to at least have gotten a 7th round pick

Hurricanes took him for free. would they have taken him if they had to give up a pick? Maybe not. Especially if they think we're going to waive him eventually.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

The way he held on to the puck and kept guys away ... We don't have too many 6'3 guys who can do that , and he had some offensive skill , sure he's not a 70 pt guy but I think he could of been the type of guy who can help in the playoffs and with Carolina I could see him getting 10-15 goals in a full season depending his situation

It's not like jurco/sheahan/Tatar were doing much when he started getting benched either . Like I said with all the guys we have coming up losing him isn't a big deal, just bugs me a bit we didn't get a 7th round pick ... once again we get nothing for an asset ... Oh well

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

At that point, I feel like teams are willing to see what they have in their players to start the season. Now they've had a chance to see who's working out/who is not.

I would be worried to call Cally up at this point in the year - I think someone would grab him. Definitely think he's got more value than Nestrasil.

Well he definitely seems to be showing that his scoring from last season was not a fluke. It's an absolute shame we can't get this kid into the lineup. I think he'd be a beast in front of the net on the PP.

But you're right, they probably were waiting to see what they had at the beginning of the year. The Hurricanes, at least, looked decent on paper.