• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Alfie not playing this season

Rate this topic

Sucks he's hurt, however since he's clearly not the same player anymore, I didn't want him back. He had a hell of a career, but the Wings have to stop resigning aging vets. Plus having Alfie would drop some young guys down a line, and I'd rather have them continue to develop on the top lines.

I kind of felt like he was never "ours". Having guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom, etc stay for their entire careers, I feel disappointed that he had to leave Ottawa. That it only turned out to be for one season makes it especially unfortunate.

This. In hindsight, I wonder if Alfie would have ever left had he known he'd only be playing for one more year...

Great player, should make it to the HHOF - although he might have to wait a bit - thanks for trying it Alfie, now go and enjoy your retirement with the Senators :-)

Such a classy player, will for sure watch his retirement ceremony in Ottawa. I'm also glad, that he doesn't push it the guy has made his money and had one heck of a career.

But I still think he should have finished his last year in Ottawa in hindsight I highly doubt he would have left them again :(

Edited by frankgrimes

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/daniel-alfredsson-retirement-announcement-may-come-on-monday?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Just an off the wall question: should the Wings win the Cup, could they petition to add Alfie's name to it?

Only if we could get whoever else on it... Rules are rules, he's not even signed, so they can't even try, if he was signed and injured they might have a chance, as it stands, no. AlSo he strikes as the type who wants to earn it, not just be handed to him in title only.

As much as I will miss the leadership in the locker room, his absence is giving the kids a chance to play. The kids are part of the reason why I enjoy watching the Wings this season. The kids are our future, and so far the future is very bright.

Guest Playmaker

As much as I will miss the leadership in the locker room, his absence is giving the kids a chance to play. The kids are part of the reason why I enjoy watching the Wings this season. The kids are our future, and so far the future is very bright.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades....

I kind of felt like he was never "ours". Having guys like Yzerman, Lidstrom, etc stay for their entire careers, I feel disappointed that he had to leave Ottawa. That it only turned out to be for one season makes it especially unfortunate.

This.

It especially sucks since last year with D and Z out half the season we relied on him soo much to help us make the playoffs. Without him last year we miss the playoffs.

Thank you Alfie!

Our Captain says its just rumors

NOT SO FAST: Last week, Internet reports claimed Daniel Alfredsson has chosen to retire instead of trying to overcome lower-back pain that has plagued him for months.

But Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg says everyone should tap the brakes over those unconfirmed reports.

“So far it’s just rumors,” he said. “I know he’s trying to get his back better, doing his rehab part, skating a little bit. I won’t say that its over until it’s over.”

Even though back pain limited him to 68 games last season – his only campaign in Detroit – Alfredsson led the team in scoring with 18 goals and 49 points.

Zetterberg remains in contact with Alfredsson, and believes the six-time All Star has something left in the tank.

“Absolutely, just the way he played last year, his presence here in the locker room and on the ice, on the power play,” Zetterberg said. “He’s one of the best players and one of the best leaders that we’ve had, and we all hope that he has one more run in him.”

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=740765

Kinda thought he wouldn't be. I saw him while working at Pinehurst about a week ago and I wanted to tell him golf isn't helping his back and helping him get back on the ice but either way, it was nice seeing him play for us for a year