• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

11/22 GDT - Red Wings @ Maple Leafs - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Awful 3rd period by the Wings. No effort from anyone but tatar, helm, jurco. Goose had a really bad game. In fact that entire line had a really bad game, Hank included. The nice thing is that those guys are professionals and they will be the first to admit it and Hank especially will be bringing it sooner than later. The passing was AWFUL tonight, best get that straightened out .

Hopefully Pav is back Monday and I would play Weiss too.

Hank- Pav- Franzen

Abby- Sheahan- Tatar

Weiss- Helm- Nyquist

Jurco- Glendening- Miller

Guest Playmaker

But hey they got Clearys off ice leadership...

Yeah, we just let the next Pavel Datsyuk go in Nestrasil. Just when I think things can't get more ridiculous...

Yeah, we just let the next Pavel Datsyuk go in Nestrasil. Just when I think things can't get more ridiculous...

Soo....where did I say anything about Pavel? Please point it out to me. All I insinuated is that a young player with size potential > one more season of Cleary whom is the first forward to the press box.

Id be surprised if Dats tops 50 games this season. When a player his age starts having different different types of injuries consistently age is catching up with them.

Yes Helm and Jurco, whom Gus has three times as many goals as them combined, are gonna bring the offense.

as bad as nyquist played tonight i would have preferred helms speed and heart even jurco or sheahan. nyquist was constantly losing puck battles all night.

i mean the line didnt bring s*** all night why would you keep them together. yeah theyre your go to guys but they werent getting it done the first 58 mins what makes you think its going to change the last 2 mins.

whatever hopefully nyquist bounces back and starts scoring consistently again. i know hes hating himself right now more than anyone else

as bad as nyquist played tonight i would have preferred helms speed and heart even jurco or sheahan. nyquist was constantly losing puck battles all night.

i mean the line didnt bring s*** all night why would you keep them together. yeah theyre your go to guys but they werent getting it done the first 58 mins what makes you think its going to change the last 2 mins.

whatever hopefully nyquist bounces back and starts scoring consistently again. i know hes hating himself right now more than anyone else

It doesnt matter how bad of a game he played for 55 minutes. If a player has a clear cut chance to score and its between Jurco, Helm, Sheahan, or Nyquist theres to have it then any logical person picks Nyquist. His offensive game is far ahead of all 3 of those players.

Man I'd like to see a little bit more consistency out of this team. Like a good four game win streak would do my heart good. We've got a skilled team, and some guys are playing really well, but damn if they can't do it every night.

That will grow out. We have a bunch of pretty young guys at the team and while they are exciting to watch they are also inconsistent. That will change in two or three years when the majority has a few more seasons under their belt.

That meme sums it up for me. So many cute plays by Tatar and two brain farts by Nyquist ( in one incident with the help of Kronwall).....

56480399.jpg

Man I'd like to see a little bit more consistency out of this team. Like a good four game win streak would do my heart good. We've got a skilled team, and some guys are playing really well, but damn if they can't do it every night.

Absolutely.

For all the crap the Leafs get about being the most wildly inconsistent team in the league, I'd say the Wings are right there with them in that regard.

Surprised we shat the sheets in the 3rd where were normally so strong. It happens, we just do not beat bad teams ever haha. Nyquist was pretty brutal tonight too. Hopefully they show up for Ottawa Monday because... we usually don't show up vs Ottawa.

Kronwall taking the blame for the second goal, like a leader should, but it was nyquists mishandling.

I actually think it's on both of them. Nyquist was undoubtedly brutal tonight, and shouldn't have given Kronwall that puck, but honestly I still think the turnover was bad too. I expect him to keep that in 9 out of 10 times. That whole top line though has been pretty lackluster lately.

On a better note Tatar is exciting to watch right now. He's all over the place and drawing penalties. I was also real impressed with Oulette's (spelling?) vision on that assist, we don't see that too often from our defenseman anymore.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

This team got what they deserved. They got lucky last game after coming out flat, and that s*** ain't gonna happen every game.

I agree that you can definitely only expect so many comeback wins. Someone needs to tell the Lions that too.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

didn't get to watch the game last night, but from the sounds of it, the 3rd period was a stinker...

ususally I am one to fly off the handle a bit (no! you don't say!) but stepping back a bit, if they went 3-1 every 4 games I think we'd have a pretty good record and for the most part we would all be happy with watching that team.

still hate that we lost a prosepect for nothing though. Dan Cleary is just not worth it. Good news is, Weiss is doing pretty good in his conditioning stint and will soon bump Cleary out of the lineup. Has Smith been injured? I noticed the other night that both XO and Lashoff were playing. Was he back for the Toronto game?

As always, LGW!