• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/24 GDT : Ottawa Senators 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

I'm going to go on record right now as the only person on LGW who actually likes Pierre McGuire. I find his commentary insightful and believe it provides great value added. Additionally, I think he's just a likeable guy with a good disposition. I think people only don't like him because of the way he looks. If he were taller and had a square jaw and more hair everyone would adore him.

I'm starting, getting on, and driving the Pierre McGuire bandwagon.

I'm going to go on record right now as the only person on LGW who actually likes Pierre McGuire. I find his commentary insightful and believe it provides great value added. Additionally, I think he's just a likeable guy with a good disposition. I think people only don't like him because of the way he looks. If he were taller and had a square jaw and more hair everyone would adore him.

He's really creepy and weird. It's got nothing to do with the fact that he's bald, short and stubby, and has a round head. Although that does add the the hilarity of it.

He's really creepy and weird. It's got nothing to do with the fact that he's bald, short and stubby, and has a round head. Although that does add the the hilarity of it.

Whatever dude. It's the world that's creepy and weird. Our collective obsession with obnoxious, blowhard, assholes like Cherry, Milbury, and Roenick means that likeable weirdos with absurd amounts of hockey knowledge have no place in the world. And whose fault is that? Not really his. He didn't create this situation of low brow stupidity; he's merely a victim of it — and rather tragically. Cassius was right. "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves." Good night, and good luck.

Khan better get off his ass soon and tell us if Ouellet's playing tonight.

On defense:

Jonathan Ericsson-Niklas Kronwall

Kyle Quincey-Danny DeKeyser

Xavier Ouellet-Jakub Kindl

Brian Lashoff (scratched). Brendan Smith (hand infection, IR, not skating)

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/11/stephen_weiss_jakub_kindl_back.html#incart_river

Not really a bandwagon more like a smart car sized vehicle....for those with Pierre love.

Weiss on playing wing tonight - "It's completely different. I played center the last two games (in Grand Rapids) and I got wing tonight, so I'll have to be on my toes"...

It really doesn't make sense to throw Weiss in the lineup in a position that he has never really played, especially when Helm has been playing quite a bit of wing this year...

Weiss on playing wing tonight - "It's completely different. I played center the last two games (in Grand Rapids) and I got wing tonight, so I'll have to be on my toes"...

It really doesn't make sense to throw Weiss in the lineup in a position that he has never really played, especially when Helm has been playing quite a bit of wing this year...

I think Babcock out thinks himself sometimes. And I'm not sure whether that makes him too smart, or not smart enough.

Just like the time he didn't put Nyquist on the powerplay in overtime. "Well, we thought about it and then I talked myself out of it". Knock it off. I get the impression he feels like if something is obvious, it must be inferior or something.

Even better with Eddie O riding shotgun in the Pierre smartcar with a Doc Emrick horn shouting Oh My!

Indeed. Even better.

Know what would be even, even, better? If we gave those nerds a swirly after gym class huh bro?

Edited by kipwinger

Indeed. Even better.

Know what would be even, even, better? If we gave those nerds a swirly after gym class huh bro?

You have an odd man crush on them. I don't have to like him cause he knows some hockey history. Just like you don't have to hate him cause him and his team blatantly favour the penguins and Blackhawks and always take jabs at the wings. Or for the reasons that he does really weird stuff on the air sometimes. You're a commentator with a big stick come to mind?

You have an odd man crush on them. I don't have to like him cause he knows some hockey history. Just like you don't have to hate him cause him and his team blatantly favour the penguins and Blackhawks and always take jabs at the wings. Or for the reasons that he does really weird stuff on the air sometimes. You're a commentator with a big stick come to mind?

Did I say you have to like him? I don't recall that. We should just make fun of him instead. Especially for "taking jabs at the Wings" (lol) and "blantantly favoring the Pens" (lol). Because he does that all the time.

Exactly one person, Eddie Olczyk, shows favoritism to the Blackhawks. Probably because he played for them and works for them. Which, of course, is all the more reason to make fun of Pierre McGuire. Duh.

Did I say you have to like him? I don't recall that. We should just make fun of him instead. Especially for "taking jabs at the Wings" (lol) and "blantantly favoring the Pens" (lol). Because he does that all the time.

Exactly one person, Eddie Olczyk, shows favoritism to the Blackhawks. Probably because he played for them and works for them. Which, of course, is all the more reason to make fun of Pierre McGuire. Duh.

I actually said the whole team. Meaning Eddie o, doc, and Pierre penis head McGuire. Pierre may not do it as often, considering he doesn't do the full game commentary but you'd be silly to think he doesn't do it.

I actually said the whole team. Meaning Eddie o, doc, and Pierre penis head McGuire. Pierre may not do it as often, considering he doesn't do the full game commentary but you'd be silly to think he doesn't do it.

Oh snap, you made fun of the way he looks again! Priceless.