• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT : Philadelphia Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

FLYERS (8-9-3) AT RED WINGS (11-5-5)

TV: NBCSN, TCN-PH, FS-D+

Season series: The Philadelphia Flyers extended their string of regular-season home victories against the Detroit Red Wings to nine in the first matchup, with Flyers forward Michael Raffl scoring two goals and an assist. It was the first home victory of the season for Philadelphia, which won two of three games against Detroit last season.

Red Wings team scope: Veteran forward Stephen Weiss scored two goals Monday in the Red Wings' 4-3 home win against the Ottawa Senators in his return from a groin injury that held him out for all but one of the Red Wings' first 20 games. Center Pavel Datsyuk (groin), who has missed four straight games and six of the past eight, also could return against the Flyers. After centering the third line in practice Tuesday, Datsyuk's availability will be determined after Detroit's morning skate Wednesday. If he plays, look for second-year forward Tomas Jurco to get bumped from the lineup. Defenseman Brendan Smith (hand infection) returned to practice, but likely will need more time to recover despite being eligible to come off injured reserve Wednesday. Goaltender Jimmy Howard will start against Philadelphia.

Flyers team scope: Goalie Steve Mason stopped 46 shots through regulation and overtime before allowing goals in the shootout to forwards Frans Nielsen and John Tavares in a 1-0 defeat to the New York Islanders on Monday. It was the continuation of a frustrating trend for the Flyers, who have dropped all three of their shootouts this season and eight straight dating back to last season. Philadelphia was 3-8 in shootouts in 2013-14 and have an NHL-worst 27-54 record in shootouts since they were instituted in 2005-06. The Flyers continue an eight-game stretch that will send them on the road for all but one game. Philadelphia is averaging 2.1 goals per game on the road compared to 3.5 per game at home. Raffl (foot) has missed eight games, but practiced Tuesday in Detroit and could return this weekend.

That's a hell of a line 3 to have

I'm not sure what to make of that line. It appears decent in theory, but who is going to shoot the puck? I suppose it's probably a temporary move anyways until Pav gets back up to speed.

I think the most surprising thing is Babs actually sitting someone from his beloved 4th line and keeing Jurco in the lineup instead. Would rather see Jurco playing with some actual skilled linemates like Datsyuk, but Andersson being out is a decent development at least.

Edited by GoWings1905

That's a hell of a line 3 to have

I'm not sure what to make of that line. It appears decent in theory, but who is going to shoot the puck? I suppose it's probably a temporarily move anyways until Pav gets back up to speed.

I think the most surprising thing is Babs actually sitting someone from his beloved 4th line and keeing Jurco in the lineup instead. Would rather see Jurco playing with some actual skilled linemates like Datsyuk, but Andersson being out is a decent development at least.

Weiss and Helm seemed to compliment each other the other night & toss in Datsyuk to work some magic and this line could work for a bit. No doubt they will have limited time before Babs tries something else...I say put Dats back with Tatar