• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/26 GDT : Philadelphia Flyers 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Weiss is the only player in the league with a 100% shooting percentage.

Let's keep that going! Totally sustainable... :lol:

I wonder what the record is for the longest 100% shooting percentage streak. Like, did anyone ever score on his first, say, five shots of the season?

tmmlol:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2014/11/26/thanksgiving-detroit-red-wings/19532445/

Much as the Wings are polyglot team, made up of Swedes, Slovaks, Czechs, a Russian and one French-born guy, along with handfuls of Americans and Canadians, everyone loves American Thanksgiving.

"I love turkey," Slovakia's Tomas Tatar said, echoing many teammates.

The food, they know. The origins are a little hazier.

"I believe the people here are thankful for land and for, like, everything they get here. I think," Jurco said.
Asked how Thanksgiving started, Nyquist smiled. "You're thankful for something. For what you have? You're putting me on the spot here. I'm going to pull the Swedish card and say that I'm from Sweden, so I don't know 100%."

Many players celebrate with one another, but defenseman Xavier Ouellet had no plans at all. "I'll just be in my hotel room, by myself," he said.

Coach and Canadian transplant Mike Babcock revealed that he's a double-dipping Thanksgiving fan who likes to celebrate it both months. Except this year, he'll be all alone, he said, because his wife and two daughters went to Fargo, North Dakota, where Babcock's son is.

"They like him better than they like me," Babcock said. "I'll be all by myself. Poor guy. Can you imagine? No, I mean, I think a lot of our coaches are by themselves, just because of the fact that their families go somewhere else, and we're going to New Jersey. But I'll bet you there's a way to get a meal somewhere."

XO is obviously our next captain.

I find it crazy how many people love these lines. My first thought was how awful they look... I'm not worried though, if they last the game first period, I would be surprised...

My thoughts as well. I don't mind these lines to start but I hope they're changed fairly quickly if they don't work out.

I find it crazy how many people love these lines. My first thought was how awful they look... I'm not worried though, if they last the game first period, I would be surprised...

Agreed, I don't like any of them with the exception of Sheahan's and even that would be better with Abby again instead of Franzen. Pav and Z will be back together probably by the third period tonight.

Guest DeGraa55

Completely agree

I'm pumped Weiss gets to play with Dats. Gives him a great shot at keeping up on the score sheet while still getting back up to speed