• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Chelios Is Not Too Fond of Shanahan

Rate this topic

I think what Chelios said is perfectly fine, Shanhan has no experience at the job, he never coached or has been involved in a GM role and now he is taking on a huge job in THE hockey-market worldwide. Becoming a GM/president is hard becoming a good one is even harder and personally I appreciate guys who are working their way up more than someone who gets the job on a silver table.

My favorite Chelios quote of all time

Chelios is such an ass.

He's seriously bagging on Shanahan for being calculating, as he badmouths a former teammate to help sell his book?

I wonder if Chelios also wrote about being a dirty player, starf***er, and drunk driver.

Was coming here to post pretty much the same thing. I love how he calls Shanny "calculating," as if this isn't all a "calculated" move to generate publicity for his book.

Shanny is no choir boy, but Cheli is certainly no legitimate juxtaposition.

Oh man Grimes, I actually forgot just how much I hate Bettman. I give a lot of credit to Chelios and Neely there for not being robots like we're used to. I read Chris's book and thought it was ok. I didn't really feel he was out of line with his Shanahan take. Also I did especially like his Bowman stories.

Oh man Grimes, I actually forgot just how much I hate Bettman. I give a lot of credit to Chelios and Neely there for not being robots like we're used to. I read Chris's book and thought it was ok. I didn't really feel he was out of line with his Shanahan take. Also I did especially like his Bowman stories.

Actually quite a few players at the 94-95 lockout really spoke out against it. I guess now they've just gotten use to them and accepted that bettman is evil.

Guest Playmaker

I think amongst players of that generation, Shanahan didn't win many friends. The players sat out the whole damn season with their only goal being avoiding a salary cap. So Shanahan anoints himself as some sort of in charge guy and decided he would end the lockout by giving in on the salary cap. I think what Chelios is referring to is that everything that Shanahan seems to do is to promote himself, not the team or the league or the other players.