• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/4 GDT - Stars 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

The Official uncreative "Mabus is stuck at work late tonight, so this is what I tossed together on my lunch break" LGW GDT

Dallas Stars at Detroit Red Wings

7:30 PM EST at Joe Louis Arena

NHL Network, FSD

Detroit Red Wings Starting Lineup

(14-6-5)

G. Nyquist - H. Zetterberg - J. Franzen

T. Tatar - P. Datsyuk - D. Helm

T. Jurco - R. Sheahan - S. Weiss

D. Miller - L. Glendening - J. Andersson

J. Ericsson - N. Kronwall

K. Quincey - D. DeKeyser

B. Smith - J. Kindl

J. Howard

Dallas Stars Starting Lineup

(9-11-5)

J. Benn - T. Seguin - S. Horcoff

C. Sceviour - J. Spezza - A. Hemsky

A. Roussel - C. Eakin - E. Cole

T. Moen - V. Fiddler - R. Garbutt

T. Daley - T. Goligoski

J. Benn - J. Demers

J. Klingberg - J. Jokipakka

J. Rynnas

Guest DeGraa55

Go wiiiiings!!

I think z, smith(I'm such a fanboy), and Tatar score tonight 3-2 wings.

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm

Jurco - Sheahan - Weiss

Miller - Glendening - Andersson

Babcock is getting closer to what I have been wanting to see all year... Doubt it'll ever get there though...

Switch Helm and Jurco, plug in Abdelkader for Andersson when he is healthy... Perfect! :tounge2:

Welcome back Nill, should be a great match-up watching Seguin and Benn well be fun

I could never understand how a Wings fan can get excited about watching players from another team. Does this mean you can't wait to see them play really well, score, and maybe even win? Because f*** that.

Maybe I'm crazy or super hardcore or whatever, but I want both Benn and Sequin to come down with rickets or scurvy or something before the game tonight. Or, if one or both happened to break a finger during warmups, that would be OK too.

In my world it's all about a Wings win.

WOO!! going to my second game of the season. first one was when we beat the leafs.. so, let's go for 2 of 2. LGW!

I'm thinking a 5-2 with the goals all spread out.. nyq, weiss, pav, tatar, jurco

PS. I've never been to any promotional giveaway night.. any one have a suggestion on how early I should get there to get a datsyuk ornament? :g:

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen

Tatar - Datsyuk - Helm

Jurco - Sheahan - Weiss

Miller - Glendening - Andersson

Babcock is getting closer to what I have been wanting to see all year... Doubt it'll ever get there though...

Switch Helm and Jurco, plug in Abdelkader for Andersson when he is healthy... Perfect! :tounge2:

And then, when you've finished that, swap Helm with Abby, and Abby with Franzen? Perfect.

But in all seriousness, I really don't care how the lines look as long as we keep scoring goals. I know that Babs and everyone else wants to get back to our good old defensive ways. But in the last 8 games we've averaged almost four goals a game and won six times (including our best streak of the season, 4 in a row). Compare that to the first 8 games where we played stingy defense and barely scored two goals a game (4-4 record) and I'm not sure why anybody is clamoring for a return to the old. Fact is, we're a better team when we're more opened up offensively. And I'd gladly drop two games out of every eight if it means we'll score almost 4 a night doing it.

And then, when you've finished that, swap Helm with Abby, and Abby with Franzen? Perfect.

But in all seriousness, I really don't care how the lines look as long as we keep scoring goals. I know that Babs and everyone else wants to get back to our good old defensive ways. But in the last 8 games we've averaged almost four goals a game and won six times (including our best streak of the season, 4 in a row). Compare that to the first 8 games where we played stingy defense and barely scored two goals a game (4-4 record) and I'm not sure why anybody is clamoring for a return to the old. Fact is, we're a better team when we're more opened up offensively. And I'd gladly drop two games out of every eight if it means we'll score almost 4 a night doing it.

I agree Kip. Sometimes I wonder if it's about control.

As in: I think Babcock likes tight D because he can control that or make it happen with structure and discipline. Whereas the offence is maybe up to the individual forwards being skilled and creative and less about the coaches 'system'. The only offensive ideas Babcock has ever seemingly had are 1.) shoot the puck and 2.) go to the net.

As in: I think Babcock likes tight D because he can control that or make it happen with structure and discipline. Whereas the offence is maybe up to the individual forwards being skilled and creative and less about the coaches 'system'. The only offensive ideas Babcock has ever seemingly had are 1.) shoot the puck and 2.) go to the net.

Don't forget his hybrid version of those 3. Put the puck in the net.

"Shoot the puck" and "go to the net" is the best possible strategy for a team that has few genuinely skilled offensive players. For a few years, as a result of injuries, age, roster, and cap restrictions, that was the Red Wings. That doesn't seem to be the case any longer. A team with Dats, Z, Franzen, Nyquist, Tatar, Weiss, and Jurco should score goals. Add in the fact that you're getting previously unanticipated offensive production from Abby and Sheahan (both drafted to be bangers) and you've got a team capable of legitimate offensive dominance, without giving up too much defensively. But the system has to reflect that change in personnel. It seems like it's starting to, and I hope a stinker against a decent team (Florida) doesn't change that.

Babcock said there might be a change up front. Will be game-time decision. Cleary is only healthy extra forward... Here's to hoping Cleary is in for Andersson...

How many people would have predicted we'd have members here hoping that Cleary would play ahead of anyone on the roster?

Don't forget his hybrid version of those 3. Put the puck in the net.

Of course. But I believe he calls it "shoot the puck in the net".

This sounds like something he might say:

"We played OK tonight. I thought the PK was realgud and Glendenning's line played real heavy. Anytime you can keep elite players to only one goal it's a real positive. That being said, to lose 1-0 is disappointing for this group. I thought we had some good shifts in the O zone but what it comes down to is that they were able to shoot the puck in the net once and we couldn't shoot the puck in the net "

To be fair Bowman used to say the same thing.