• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/7 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Hurricanes 1

Rate this topic

Pavel just roasts his matchup every night. We have too much depth for some of these teams in the East. Imagine guys like Kadri having to match up against Datsyuk and then their third centre taking on Sheahan. One of those lines is going to win their match up most nights. That's why I think our first line has slowed down, they're always taking on the top lines

Makes sense. And if that's the case, I'm even more impressed with Nyquist. Playing those high quality minutes, and still producing at a decent pace.

Once it clicks for him. Along with Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco (who has found a niche as a playmaker atm, and it's working for him). With Pulks and Mantha on the way? Ohhhohohoho baby.

Who needs a number 1 pick? Yea yea, would be nice. But this team is contending just find without them. I believe the defense we have waiting will preform like the offense is, or close to it. With Mrazek in net? /drool

What sucks is we'll be the 2010 Hawks. All this talent...have to trade it away as they will cost too much eventually. Gotta make these growing years count!

What I mean is, it looks like he's playing hurt.

I agree. Even when Z sometimes gets into scoring slumps previously, he's usually still pretty involved offensively. Seems like lately he is skating slower and struggling to hang onto the puck, which is typically his greatest strength.

I just wonder if there are lingering effects from the back surgery bothering Z still. He will never admit it unless it's serious enough for him not to play, but major back issues are no joke for a professional athlete.

I don't mean this as a criticism because any Henrik Zetterberg is better than no Henrik Zetterberg. I'm more concerned about his health going forward because the Wings are going to need him feeling well come playoff time.

I agree. Even when Z sometimes gets into scoring slumps previously, he's usually still pretty involved offensively. Seems like lately he is skating slower and struggling to hang onto the puck, which is typically his greatest strength.

I just wonder if there are lingering effects from the back surgery bothering Z still. He will never admit it unless it's serious enough for him not to play, but major back issues are no joke for a professional athlete.

I don't mean this as a criticism because any Henrik Zetterberg is better than no Henrik Zetterberg. I'm more concerned about his health going forward because the Wings are going to need him feeling well come playoff time.

I hope I'm eventually proven wrong of course, but I never expected Z to come back as the same player from that injury. Back issues typically never fully go away, and they only become harder to deal with as time goes on. Z's going to be an important player on this team no matter what though. He's a great leader and it's not like he's utterly failing to rack up points. The shape of his game is likely to continue to change, but I'm not too worried about the impact it'll have on the team. He might not contribute as much offensively, but he'll likely compensate by contributing more in other ways. Other people will pick up the slack on offense. Hell, just look at what Dats is doing offensively this year. He's picking up all the scoring slack himself and some. And Z's still plenty capable of lighting it up when the opportunity strikes. But whether he gets the scoring going again or not, I fully believe Z will remain as valuable to this team as he ever was.

Pretty much this.