• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Smite

Senators fire head coach MacLean

Rate this topic

My boy? I have a long and very explicit hatred of fighting in hockey. That's well established around here. You're the one who loves fighting, but can't face up to the fact that Colton Orr consistently mashed McGrattan's face whenever they fought. Which is precisely why I bring it up.

I have a hard time figuring why you enjoy fighting so much, but then idolize the second best fighter of his era. It's a little bit like if Scottie Pippen was your favorite Chicago Bull in the 90's.

Sigh. Here's McGrattan's fight card. Scroll down to the Orr portion. Please don't bring this argument up again.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightCard.aspx?League=&Player=6155&Season=&SortBy=Opponent

Sigh. Here's McGrattan's fight card. Scroll down to the Orr portion. Please don't bring this argument up again.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightCard.aspx?League=&Player=6155&Season=&SortBy=Opponent

Oh look, you found a hockey fight website that's more obscure than hockeyfights.com to support your preconceived ideas about McGrattan. That's as cute as McGrattan's hair in the photo below, taken after his very last fight with Colton Orr.

hqdefault.jpg

Also, for the record. You brought up Orr. Not me. Sigh.

Edit: Haha, who made that website you just sent me? Why would you ever put any stock whatsoever into a website so clearly designed by a child? Is your point that some half wit, with a rudimentary web building program, likes McGrattan a whole lot? Who knew the very first website ever put on the internet was about hockey fights? It looks like it is hosted by Geocities lol. http://gizmodo.com/5983574/remember-the-hilarious-horror-of-geocities-with-this-website

Edited by kipwinger

Holy s***. Those stats are hardcore. Amazing. Someone obviously takes fighting in the NHL very very seriously.

Loved his post games ... bit surprised, would have thought Eakin would have been the 1st.

Cameron is permanent or interim?

Bylsma? Ron Wilson? Marc Crawford for the future?

Cameron is permanent and has something like another two years on his contract.

"Some of the better players felt that they were singled out a little too often maybe," said Murray. "That's today's athlete. They want to be corrected, coached, given a chance to play without being the centrepoint of discussion in the room."

That want to be treated like a baby. Who ever had that issue needs to grow up and grow a pair.

After listening to the press conference, it sounds like Murray doesn't hold his players responsible.

Edited by dragonballgtz

What was Paul supposed to do? He has a star defenceman who is worse in his own zone than Kindl, and the only "star" he has up front is lazy as f*** (Ryan). MacArthur and Turris on your top line? C'mon man, their second liners and everyone knows it. That defence core? Babs couldn't make the Sens a playoff team IMO. Cameron will have them down with the Sabres in no time, he's a garbage coach. I remember the WJHC when he was Canada's bench boss... *shudders*

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Oh look, you found a hockey fight website that's more obscure than hockeyfights.com to support your preconceived ideas about McGrattan. That's as cute as McGrattan's hair in the photo below, taken after his very last fight with Colton Orr.

hqdefault.jpg

Also, for the record. You brought up Orr. Not me. Sigh.

Edit: Haha, who made that website you just sent me? Why would you ever put any stock whatsoever into a website so clearly designed by a child? Is your point that some half wit, with a rudimentary web building program, likes McGrattan a whole lot? Who knew the very first website ever put on the internet was about hockey fights? It looks like it is hosted by Geocities lol. http://gizmodo.com/5983574/remember-the-hilarious-horror-of-geocities-with-this-website

That website is about all hockey fights from all decades. Not just McGrattan. It's also a good website for overall goal totals and other interesting tidbits from different leagues and eras, such as GPG over the years, etc.

It's actually one of the best hockey websites on the internet, put together by people who know a lot about hockey. Pretty disrespectful to make it sound like anyone could have put that wealth of information in there so simply (whether it's fight related or not).

Holy s***. Those stats are hardcore. Amazing. Someone obviously takes fighting in the NHL very very seriously.

As I put in my post above, if you click on "Home" at the top of the link I posted above, you'll see that it's a very, very informative site. It's not just about McGrattan, and not necessarily only about fighting (although that's all I ever use it for).

Edited by GMRwings1983

He'll rebound somewhere for sure. Maybe in San Jose when MacT gets canned.

*Meant to say when TMac gets fired in San Jose.

I can't imagine he'd want to replace MacT as GM in that dumpster fire of an Oiler franchise (or coach when Eakins inevitably gets canned.)

Edited by Hockeytown0001

That website is about all hockey fights from all decades. Not just McGrattan. It's also a good website for overall goal totals and other interesting tidbits from different leagues and eras, such as GPG over the years, etc.

It's actually one of the best hockey websites on the internet, put together by people who know a lot about hockey. Pretty disrespectful to make it sound like anyone could have put that wealth of information in there so simply (whether it's fight related or not).

As I put in my post above, if you click on "Home" at the top of the link I posted above, you'll see that it's a very, very informative site. It's not just about McGrattan, and not necessarily only about fighting (although that's all I ever use it for).

I'm sure you could show me all sorts of graphs and tables about how awesome McGrattan is if I'd provide you with the construction paper and glue sticks too. That website looks like it was made on MSpaint. And yes, anybody could have put it there. Which is why the internet is FULL of low brow, half assed, crap. It's not exactly exclusive.

My boy? I have a long and very explicit hatred of fighting in hockey. That's well established around here. You're the one who loves fighting, but can't face up to the fact that Colton Orr consistently mashed McGrattan's face whenever they fought. Which is precisely why I bring it up.

I have a hard time figuring why you enjoy fighting so much, but then idolize the second best fighter of his era. It's a little bit like if Scottie Pippen was your favorite Chicago Bull in the 90's.

I'm still trying to figure out why you call anyone out who is for fighting like its your goal in life to take in down. Fighting is part of hockey whether you want to admit it or not and I hope it never goes away. It seems like its really personal or something.

I'm still trying to figure out why you call anyone out who is for fighting like its your goal in life to take in down. Fighting is part of hockey whether you want to admit it or not and I hope it never goes away. It seems like its really personal or something.

So are hooking and slashing. I'd be just as inclined to tear someone down for glorifying those penalties too.

What was Paul supposed to do? He has a star defenceman who is worse in his own zone than Kindl, and the only "star" he has up front is lazy as f*** (Ryan). MacArthur and Turris on your top line? C'mon man, their second liners and everyone knows it. That defence core? Babs couldn't make the Sens a playoff team IMO. Cameron will have them down with the Sabres in no time, he's a garbage coach. I remember the WJHC when he was Canada's bench boss... *shudders*

I didn't realize how bad their roster is, until I looked it up.

I'm sure you could show me all sorts of graphs and tables about how awesome McGrattan is if I'd provide you with the construction paper and glue sticks too. That website looks like it was made on MSpaint. And yes, anybody could have put it there. Which is why the internet is FULL of low brow, half assed, crap. It's not exactly exclusive.

Presentation aside, it's a lot of content and is the best hockey fight site on the internet. It is exclusive. Just like this is probably the best Wings site on the internet, and is special for that reason. Whether you like it or not is a different story.

I didn't realize how bad their roster is, until I looked it up.

Presentation aside, it's a lot of content and is the best hockey fight site on the internet. It is exclusive. Just like this is probably the best Wings site on the internet, and is special for that reason. Whether you like it or not is a different story.

Sure it is. I'm skeptical of any site that doesn't have anything close to professional presentation. It's like somebody giving you a check filled out in crayon. I'm not excepting, regardless of how much you assure me it's legit.

Ryan, Karlson, Turris and Anderson are by far their best players. Karlson doesn't know how to spell defense, Turris has to play over his capabilities and Anderson needs to be perfect every game... Seriously what did Melynk expect of this roster?

Given ask the limitations McLean did one heck of a job there.. Also second quickest firing after a coach has won the Jack Adams

Sure it is. I'm skeptical of any site that doesn't have anything close to professional presentation. It's like somebody giving you a check filled out in crayon. I'm not excepting, regardless of how much you assure me it's legit.

I'll be sure to inform their mods that they need to edit the site to look like the Wall Street Journal.

Then the casual user will feel more professional when watching something as serious as hockey fights.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Playmaker

It Isn't like they could fire Bryan Murray at this point, despite how many things he's f***ed up, Alfredsson, Spezza, Bobby Ryan......

They cynical SOB in me wonders if he decided to go public with his end stage diagnosis to spare his job.

This is a good thing for Maclean. It's clear to anyone with a brain-stem that this is blatant scapegoating. He'll have a job before next season, and it won't be with the sens.

Edited by The Greek