• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Smite

Senators fire head coach MacLean

Rate this topic

This is a good thing for Maclean. It's clear to anyone with a brain-stem that this is blatant scapegoating. He'll have a job before next season, and it won't be with the sens.

He'd probably have a job by the end of the week if not for the holidays being right around the corner. I'll be shocked if he makes it through January without a new gig.

Coach is always the first one to get dumped. It's the first law of coaching a team not committed to winning.

I bet he wants to go to Toronto. Everyone wants to go to Toronto.

I would understand it, if the team would have been well built but the Senators are exactly where they should be. That roster has a lot of holes not even Babcock, Hitchcock or Sutter would have much better results with this team.

Edmonton does not want to win. They want to draft McDavid. They'll change coaches after the season.

I forget how the new system works (is it new anymore?). But is there a chance that the worst team could not get the first pick? There should be a max number of first overalls you can have in a ten year span haha

I forget how the new system works (is it new anymore?). But is there a chance that the worst team could not get the first pick? There should be a max number of first overalls you can have in a ten year span haha

There's a chance, but obviously your chances are greater the worse you are. Any team that misses the playoffs can theoretically get the first overall pick. But you chances are much higher the worse you are because it's a lottery. It's akin to having your name written on a piece of paper and drawn out of a hat, and the worse you are the more pieces of paper with your name get put into the hat. It happened a couple years ago with Colorado when they drafted MacKinnon. They weren't the worst team in the league, but they "won the lottery" nevertheless.

There's a chance, but obviously your chances are greater the worse you are. Any team that misses the playoffs can theoretically get the first overall pick. But you chances are much higher the worse you are because it's a lottery. It's akin to having your name written on a piece of paper and drawn out of a hat, and the worse you are the more pieces of paper with your name get put into the hat. It happened a couple years ago with Colorado when they drafted MacKinnon. They weren't the worst team in the league, but they "won the lottery" nevertheless.

Same as the year Pittsburgh, who were on the cusp of moving to Kansas City (dubiously) won the Crosby sweeps. Anaheim were actually the worst team.

Not sure what would be more douchey. Crosby in Pittsburgh, or Crosby in Anaheim.

Same as the year Pittsburgh, who were on the cusp of moving to Kansas City (dubiously) won the Crosby sweeps. Anaheim were actually the worst team.

Not sure what would be more douchey. Crosby in Pittsburgh, or Crosby in Anaheim.

I'd love to say Crosby in Pittsburgh, but it actually makes sense that they play hockey there. Anything California based is going to get my vote for "Most Douchey". Every day of the week. So yeah, Anaheim. God, could you imagine a team with Crosby, Perry, and Selanne for all those years? They'd be insufferable.

Strangely though, Kesler seems less douchey in Anaheim than Vancouver. Which, of course, attests to the truly profound level of Vancouver doucheyness.

I'd love to say Crosby in Pittsburgh, but it actually makes sense that they play hockey there. Anything California based is going to get my vote for "Most Douchey". Every day of the week. So yeah, Anaheim. God, could you imagine a team with Crosby, Perry, and Selanne for all those years? They'd be insufferable.

Strangely though, Kesler seems less douchey in Anaheim than Vancouver. Which, of course, attests to the truly profound level of Vancouver doucheyness.

Imagine the 07-09 team.

It would be like a sped up version of "The Douchey Is Right"

Chris Pronger

Scott Niedermeyer (for elbowing Datsyuk in the head)

Ryan Horselaf

Francois Beauchemin

Perry

Selanne

Sidney Crosby......

Come on down.

And it's not like they would have had to even use the Getzlaf/Perry pick to get Crosby. They drafted Bobby Ryan with the 2nd overall pick that year.

Jesus christ.

Edited by rick zombo

Imagine the 07-09 team.

It would be like a sped up version of "The Douchey Is Right"

Chris Pronger

Scott Niedermeyer (for elbowing Datsyuk in the head)

Ryan Horselaf

Francois Beauchemin

Perry

Selanne

Sidney Crosby......

Come on down.

And it's not like they would have had to even use the Getzlaf/Perry pick to get Crosby. They drafted Bobby Ryan with the 2nd overall pick that year.

Jesus christ.

Agreed, except that I've always like Beauchemin. That dude is a stud. But yes, you're actually flirting with all time douchiness with that bunch. Nearly as bad as Lucic, Marchand, Thornton, Chara, etc. That bunch really takes the cake with regard to their relative levels of douchey douchiness.

I would understand it, if the team would have been well built but the Senators are exactly where they should be. That roster has a lot of holes not even Babcock, Hitchcock or Sutter would have much better results with this team.

But the GM doesn't fire himself so the coach is the first fall guy. Unless you're the Lions then the coaches are the first 5 fall guys.