• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingsfan83

Jimmy sucks in a shootout Howard

Rate this topic

How about we score MORE THAN ONE FREAKING GOAL. Then we don't have to worry about it.

I hesitate to post this because I don't really feel great about continuing this thread, but a lack of scoring isn't an excuse for being poor in the shootout. We can't score 4 every game, we're gonna have to win a shootout sometimes too.

How about we score MORE THAN ONE FREAKING GOAL. Then we don't have to worry about it.

Exactly. And we haven’t had to worry about it in a while. Unless this team is playing an Anaheim-Pittsburgh combo all-star team right now, a shootout almost always means they blew it in regulation somehow.

Which is cool because there were times early in this season and all of last season when I was happy with a point.

he wouldnt be worse

...so maybe.

No to gus though, if we threw him in his icey groin would be torn into oblivion

True that. He seems to do pretty well in shootouts though. Have to stick with Jimmy (or whatever goaltender played that day), just have to hope he can start stopping them at the same percentage he used to. If I recall his overall numbers in the shootout aren't bad, just the last few years.

True that. He seems to do pretty well in shootouts though. Have to stick with Jimmy (or whatever goaltender played that day), just have to hope he can start stopping them at the same percentage he used to. If I recall his overall numbers in the shootout aren't bad, just the last few years.

Yep, true statement.

Probably because hes getting up there in terms of high calibre goalies; players will be looking at his film more often and seeing they can park a bus in his five hole

Guest DeGraa55

I hesitate to post this because I don't really feel great about continuing this thread, but a lack of scoring isn't an excuse for being poor in the shootout. We can't score 4 every game, we're gonna have to win a shootout sometimes too.

Correct but scoring 2 wins us the game.

Also even IF Howard stopped the second shootout goal would the wings actually score?1. Remember howie isn't the only one who is terrible in Shootouts it's literally the whole team.

I love Howard, and I think he is one of the most underrated goalies in the league, but he is really struggling in the shootout this year. According to ESPN, his save % in the Shootout is 30%. Second worst in the NHL amongst starting goalies.

With that being said, I have faith in Jimmy. I'm sure he will work on this and get better. We are #1 in the conference right now and Jimmy is a HUGE part of that. I will take him being bad in the shootout if that's his biggest flaw. Come playoff time, that means nothing anyways.

I've always wondered if you could track down the Guiness Book of World Records fattest man, strap some pads on him, and just literally plug up the entire net with him. Is there a rule in the NHL rule book about this? Are there weight parameters that say "If the goalie is large enough that there is no longer an opening to the net, he cannot play in the NHL?". It surely would solve our shootout issues if there was no entrance to the net at all.

If we can keep this thread respectful and on point about Howard's performance in shootouts, and his percentages indeed being among the lowest, it may continue. Let's keep it friendly, it is the holiday season after all.

:D

Guest DeGraa55

I've always wondered if you could track down the Guiness Book of World Records fattest man, strap some pads on him, and just literally plug up the entire net with him. Is there a rule in the NHL rule book about this? Are there weight parameters that say "If the goalie is large enough that there is no longer an opening to the net, he cannot play in the NHL?". It surely would solve our shootout issues if there was no entrance to the net at all.

If we can keep this thread respectful and on point about Howard's performance in shootouts, and his percentages indeed being among the lowest, it may continue. Let's keep it friendly, it is the holiday season after all.

:D

LOL

I've seriously thought about the same thing!

I like Howard as a goalie but I have been watching him since he first joined the Griffins years ago when i was a season ticket holder and his biggest fault has always been that he cannot stop a breakaway or a shootout goal. Those hoping he will work on it and get better, sorry but he has had years to work on it already. We have one of the best goaltending coaches there is and that hasn't helped much either.

Granted I also think we need to score more goals in the game itself so we don't go to the shootout and if we do then score more than zero or one goals in the shootout. Ultimately I would like the league to get rid of the skills competition for deciding games anyways.

Does anyone even know what the rules are about changing to a goalie that did not play in the main game? I am sure that it is allowed if there is an injury or something but not sure if they can otherwise. It sure would be a way for Babcock to send a message to Jimmy that he needs to improve in that fashion.

I was just getting to like his middle name "rebound machine".

The shootout really does expose his weaknesses, he's always down first, have you ever seen him poke check someone making a move on him?

His style as more of a blocking goalie does not lend itself to a shootout or breakaway add to that his complete lack of poke checking ability and you'll see why he struggles in the shootout much more than actual game play

Every time we go to the shootout with Howie I expect to lose...

I hate the shootout regardless and wish it was eliminated. Bring back ties, or make a win in regulation worth 3 points! That's neither here nor there/

I would have brought Mrazek off the bench for sure.

Sucks losing a game we dominated... but we dominated and that's important. Still have best record in East