• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Smite

Danny DeKeyser out for weekend with upper body injury

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

Great now they'll out smith with Quincey....a combo that has had zero success.

I'd run ouellet with smith I thinks!

So Lashoff is on the team only to take Kindl's spot when he's scratched it seems. 'Cause every time another dman is injured, we get Ouelett. I guess the situation is smart since is keeps the prospects playing, but Lashoff's role is almost nonexistant.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Dekeseyer has been pretty bad for a couple weeks I'm thinking this is an injury he was trying to play through. Last night was one of our best games from the defense I though. We had great puck movement and the most quality scoring chances we've had in a single game. Unbelievable we didn't win or put up more than 1 goal

Guest DeGraa55

With Abby and now Deke out I really hope this isn't the start of the dreaded mid-season Wings injury bug...

You do realize we have had the injury big all year(like some like me predicted) but it hasn't slowed us down at all in the standings(which I'm glad I was wrong about!).

But I'm pretty sure we have had a significant guy out in just about every game this year?

Dat, Franzen, Weiss, smith, Abby, Howard, now DD and others like monster and Quincey etc etc

Edited by DeGraa55

You do realize we have had the injury big all year(like some like me predicted) but it hasn't slowed us down at all in the standings(which I'm glad I was wrong about!).

But I'm pretty sure we have had a significant guy out in just about every game this year?

Dat, Franzen, Weiss, smith, Abby, Howard, now DD and others like monster and Quincey etc etc

Yeah, but last year we had most of them out at the same time, along with z.

I though DD hasn't looked as sharp with his passing for the last week or so. It might be a hand injury that's been bugging him.

Ericsson has really been playing great lately nobody seems to mention around here. Smith had his best game since returning from injury. I thought the defense played one of its best games against Toronto. Can't believe we never got two points out of it

Guest DeGraa55

I though DD hasn't looked as sharp with his passing for the last week or so. It might be a hand injury that's been bugging him.

Ericsson has really been playing great lately nobody seems to mention around here. Smith had his best game since returning from injury. I thought the defense played one of its best games against Toronto. Can't believe we never got two points out of it

Yes I completely about Ericsson. He is back to usual steady self. He has been very solid.

It also makes one believe that his finger injury truly affected his off season and the start if this season.

Guest DeGraa55

Yeah, but last year we had most of them out at the same time, along with z.

I agree the timing was terrible last year. But I'm just saying the teams health is still not where it needs to be.

Also z and Ericsson could also have had lingering effects of their injuries from last year. Ericsson started the season slow. And while z is still producing, he isn't quite where he shoukd be yet.

But this just goes to show just how great the kids are. We don't have to rely on z and dat to win us games on their own like we were the last couple years.

I agree the timing was terrible last year. But I'm just saying the teams health is still not where it needs to be.

Also z and Ericsson could also have had lingering effects of their injuries from last year. Ericsson started the season slow. And while z is still producing, he isn't quite where he shoukd be yet.

I think perfect health is unrealistic. Look around the league, teams are rarely 100% these days. We have been relatively healthy and none of the injuries have hurt us all that much - I think that's "where it needs to be."

For a push in the playoffs, we do need Z to find his game. He's coming back from surgery and he's has many seasons with slow starts - I'm not that worried

Before Abdelkader went down, we had a stretch of games where the only one hurt was Monster. With Mrazek to step in for him that injury is barely noticed.

If you're counting all those players as significant then most of our roster is significant. Maybe "others like Monster and Quincey" meant less significant? Also. I love Smith and Abby, but I think significant injuries only means stars and starting goalie.

If you look at this link for the first 20 games of the season, The WIngs are 7th in players lost by caphit amount. We had Weiss out for that period and I think that accounts for that high ranking. He seems to have turned a corner with his injury situation and I think we've been closer to the middle of the pack since he's been back.

http://springingmalik.blogspot.ca/2014/11/nhl-man-games-lost-and-chip-analysis-20.html

Also, if you look at the link, for the first 20 games we've lost 43 man games without considering caphit. They don't rank that, but, looking at that column, I think we were 16th in number of man games lost. (Maybe somebody can check out my counting)

Though we've lost games for some big players, but I'm not so worried about our injury situation. Last year we had a lot of players battling long term situations.

Weiss seems to be on track, Helm too. Z had his surgery. Dats didn't have anything done and has been out so he could be a concern, but his current hot streak argues against that.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

So Lashoff is on the team only to take Kindl's spot when he's scratched it seems. 'Cause every time another dman is injured, we get Ouelett. I guess the situation is smart since is keeps the prospects playing, but Lashoff's role is almost nonexistant.

That's the way the #7 should be used when there's am NHL ready prospect in GR.